ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Weekly Raleigh, NC Get-togethers - Saturdays
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind giving you mine. I think mine works but I haven't played it in forever. I don't know how soon you are trying to get it but you could come pick it up Friday or Saturday at the Raleigh Convention Center. I am going to be playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 there from 5-7 on Friday and Saturday.

Anyone can come there. There is actually going to be some pretty sweet stuff being given away. I am going to give away 25 dollar Best Buy gift cards to anyone who beats me and 50 dollar gift cards to anyone who beats me on a song of my choice.

There is also a thing that if you challenge me or play Rock Band with me or something then you get your name put in a hat and every 30 minutes 3 people will get a skin for their guitars from www.GHskinz.com

Basically I am just going to be down there in a booth for 2 hours so if you are bored we can play Guitar Hero or Rock Band.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x] (64)
Get good at fast strumming [x]
Stay top 5 in RevDS and HooT [x]
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, sweet deal, man! Do you know where your booth is going to be located? The convention center opening celebration is supposed to be huge, so it'd be handy to know where to find ya

Oh, and I'd totally do a ton of customs requests for you if you threw a game and got me that $50 Best Buy gift card

Kidding, of course...

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finalizer wrote:
Hey, sweet deal, man! Do you know where your booth is going to be located? The convention center opening celebration is supposed to be huge, so it'd be handy to know where to find ya

Oh, and I'd totally do a ton of customs requests for you if you threw a game and got me that $50 Best Buy gift card

Kidding, of course...

Haha, I actually had planned on throwing some games for people I knew because Best Buy was supposed to sponsor my booth and they would give guitars as the prize but now I have to supply the prizes because we couldn't get Best Buy to sponsor it.

I don't really know any good guitar hero songs anyways

Sorry to say this but I have no idea where my booth will be

I am just supposed to show up but apparently there will be some map that should have something you should recognize as my booth on it. Either Dreminem, Blake Peebles, or something with Guitar Hero but don't quote me on that because that is just what my parents said lol.

If anyone is coming we have to make our booth look like it is the best thing there I am kind of nervous of how this thing will turn out. I'm just hoping people will play so I am not just sitting there playing Guitar Hero by myself for 2 hours each day or something lol.
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, hopefully the map will be helpful. I'm not sure if I'll be coming today or tomorrow, but I'll definitely see about keeping you some company at the booth

It's a shame BB didn't sponsor, though... A guitar prize would've been perfect given my situation

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreminem wrote:
I might be able to come this weekend. There is some convention center (idk what it is) that is opening up and I might have to play there for 4 hours but I don't know if it is early in the morning or in the afternoon or something.

I don't think anyone answered how long these get togethers last. Are they just like normal get togethers or do they only last a few hours or something?

Updated the OP with times, should be like 6:00 - 12:00 or so. Just be sure to give a call beforehand to make sure it's still going on.

Dreminem wrote:
I wouldn't mind giving you mine. I think mine works but I haven't played it in forever. I don't know how soon you are trying to get it but you could come pick it up Friday or Saturday at the Raleigh Convention Center. I am going to be playing Rock Band and Guitar Hero 3 there from 5-7 on Friday and Saturday.

Anyone can come there. There is actually going to be some pretty sweet stuff being given away. I am going to give away 25 dollar Best Buy gift cards to anyone who beats me and 50 dollar gift cards to anyone who beats me on a song of my choice.

There is also a thing that if you challenge me or play Rock Band with me or something then you get your name put in a hat and every 30 minutes 3 people will get a skin for their guitars from www.GHskinz.com

Basically I am just going to be down there in a booth for 2 hours so if you are bored we can play Guitar Hero or Rock Band.

I'll see about getting down there. Wouldn't mind a $25 gift certificate! Have you studied up on all your paths? ;)

But yeah, don't think you have to worry about the $50 unless iamchris4life randomly shows up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to make a list of like 30 songs to choose from but I know most star paths.

I only had 2 days to learn them since they told me about it so late.

Tomorrow it will be from 1-3 and today it is 5-7 I think so come by some time around then.
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andre is pretty much better than me at Guitar Hero.

He dominated me on Kool Thing lol. I think you got the best skin there too other than mine.

Today was alright I guess. The TV is laggy and there are too many people that play easy and medium lol.

Tomorrow will be a lot better since everyone picks their own difficulties on Rock Band and most songs are fun on there anyways. Hopefully I can get XBL to work so we can use DLC.

Does anyone know what the calibration should be for Rock Band?
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreminem wrote:
Andre is pretty much better than me at Guitar Hero.

He dominated me on Kool Thing lol. I think you got the best skin there too other than mine.

Today was alright I guess. The TV is laggy and there are too many people that play easy and medium lol.

Tomorrow will be a lot better since everyone picks their own difficulties on Rock Band and most songs are fun on there anyways. Hopefully I can get XBL to work so we can use DLC.

Does anyone know what the calibration should be for Rock Band?

True statement, now all I have to do is beat iamchris4life in Kool Thing to be the undisputed world champ. and yeah, the skin looks sweet as hell. I would have stopped by today too, but I woke up at like 1:30. <_<

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still can't believe all of the stuff that happened on Smash. We lost to a team of DKs and Jiggly's lol. That was ridiculous.

Is next week going to be on or are we just going to wait for the Rock Band 2 release?
sburymadness  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I haven't been able to make it. Next week is also a no go, seeing as I'm getting RB2 at midnight Saturday and playing that for probably 48 hours straight. I plan on getting down there very soon though.

ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreminem wrote:
I still can't believe all of the stuff that happened on Smash. We lost to a team of DKs and Jiggly's lol. That was ridiculous.

Is next week going to be on or are we just going to wait for the Rock Band 2 release?

Yeah, I imagine I'll be getting RB2 at midnight, so whoever wants to come for that can definitely join in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, sorry I'm retarded. I had no idea it was already September 7th lol. I thought we still had 2 weeks until RB2 came out.
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah, anybody know where to get a copy of Rock Band 2 that is doing midnight release?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about any midnight releases, I'll probably get mine from my local Best Buy on Sunday. Man, good times are a-comin'!

And thanks again for the strat Drem, it works great, though it feels a bit different from my busted Strat (Different version of it, I guess; still plays fine regardless). I'll try to make it up by having more crazy customs for you to play at the next get-together

Dreminem  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to play them XD.

Hopefully someone is doing a midnight release so we won't have to steal one.

But that Strat was the one I got from the first rock band I had which was on the first days release I think. It is probably worse than newer ones.

Shinobi, what was the thing about Castle Crashers and erasing data? Like, can I not play my character at other people's houses by putting DremNem on a memory card without it getting erased?

I got to level 40 something already . It's such a good game. They really need to fix online play soon though since I can't get past this troll boss alone or whatever the forest boss is that spawns a troll every few seconds.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: