ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Weekly Raleigh, NC Get-togethers - Saturdays
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Weekly Raleigh, NC Get-togethers - Saturdays Reply with quote

I'll be trying to host a mini-get-together of sorts every week on Saturday. I'll be using this thread to update the status for each week as I'm guessing some weeks it may be on Friday night. GH3 will be the game of choice, but Rock Band, GH:A, GH2, Super Smash Brothers, and Soul Calibur 4 are all possibilities as well. If you like to play chess, there's a couple of players as well that could offer up a friendly match!

So yeah, if you're interested and in Raleigh, post in the thread or PM me or IM me on AIM. I'll get you address information and a phone number that you can use to check in and see what's the deal for future weeks in case the thread isn't up-to-date.

Hope to see you there!

Be sure to call before showing up just to make sure. If nobody can make it, some weekends may be cancelled.

Next get-together: 10/04/08

Last edited by ShinobiAC on Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:11 pm; edited 11 times in total
chris13yo  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the kid that dropped out of school going? Jeez I wish I would have known this a week ago when I was staying with my dad in winston!!
100% Jordan Solo B full speed (85%)
Get better at Solo C
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: chris13yo
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whenever I can get there, you can be sure I'll be bringing customs along. Mr. Green Mr. Green

EDIT: I take it you've got the Virtuoso pack, and are getting the DF pack? Gonna be some fun times

Hell, that little smiley arrangement is a bit christmasy roflz

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
Sakst82  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Weekly Raleigh, NC Get-togethers - Saturdays! Reply with quote

ShinobiAC wrote:

Next get-together: Saturday, 8-24-08

24th is a Sunday

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if this actually end up being weekly and not some 1 time thing, I'll prolly come some time, but I can't come this week.
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what I'm talking about. Finalizer has been getting a ton of customs it seems like, so there will be an endless setlist for us to play pretty much between all of the games lol.

I'll be there every time I can get there. I have been getting REALLY busy lately though. There are 4 shows that want me on there some time soon and I have been constantly been getting calls to get on radio shows. Hopefully it slows down by this weekend so I can come out there. I might just cancel some stuff out though because I am really getting sick of all the attention honestly. Half of the radio shows just get me on there to make fun of me lol.

Do you want me to bring my Hard drive? I mean, I have pretty much all GH3 DLC and I have a ton of Rock Band DLC. I wouldn't mind buying more if people really want to play them since it is going to be weekly now. I did just get paid 5000 dollars by sponsors lol .
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x] (64)
Get good at fast strumming [x]
Stay top 5 in RevDS and HooT [x]
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finalizer wrote:
Whenever I can get there, you can be sure I'll be bringing customs along. Mr. Green Mr. Green

EDIT: I take it you've got the Virtuoso pack, and are getting the DF pack? Gonna be some fun times

Hell, that little smiley arrangement is a bit christmasy roflz

Yes, definitely have me some virtuoso and DF pack as well in 5 hours 15 minutes! XD

Sakst82 wrote:
ShinobiAC wrote:

Next get-together: Saturday, 8-24-08

24th is a Sunday

Whoops, So it isss.... 23rd then!

Jaggedsblade wrote:
if this actually end up being weekly and not some 1 time thing, I'll prolly come some time, but I can't come this week.

Definitely will be happening most weeks. We've got some fun GH3 games we've tried out in the past, including:

Horse - Each person takes a turn announcing one song section that they will do, how they will do it, and how well. For example : "I'm going to play Even Flow's Solo behind my head and get an FC". They then play it in practice and if they get it, everybody else has to try as well. Those that fail get a letter! Just like normal Horse.

Team PFO - Pretty simple, teams of two are made and each team picks a song that they will play in coop. The best score wins! Works well with smaller groups of four, though it seems like it'd probably be fun in bigger groups too.

Grab-bag - Every player jots down 3 or 4 songs they are good at on small pieces of paper, writes them down, and puts all the papers into a hat. Then a number of them are selected out of the hat at random. PFOs on the picked songs are played and the scores are all tallied together to see who has the most points in the end.
Brandon wrote:
Who picked Take This Life? DREW!? You ass....

Endless Setlist - All 70 songs are put into a hat and randomly selected such that they are all played once. Two people play the first song. The winner is marked down, and the loser gives up the guitar to the next randomly selected song. The person with the most total song wins is the victor! This one takes a while. We only tried it once and didn't finish. @_@

I made up all those names just now. I'm special.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, I like the idea of playing solos behind my back or with my eyes closed.

The endless set list sounds interesting too. It sounds like it would take forever though.

Quote:
So is the kid that dropped out of school going?

Yeah
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreminem wrote:
Do you want me to bring my Hard drive? I mean, I have pretty much all GH3 DLC and I have a ton of Rock Band DLC. I wouldn't mind buying more if people really want to play them since it is going to be weekly now. I did just get paid 5000 dollars by sponsors lol .

Nice, I think I've got most of the good GH3 dlc. I wouldn't mind shelling out a few more bucks myself for some more quality songs either. I know rock of ages is pretty sweet.

And Rock Band I've got a decent selection but definitely not close to some people's. I haven't picked up Constant Motion yet... <_< So yeah, if we do play Rock Band, I wouldn't mind popping in a Hard drive with more DLC than mine, but for our GH3 games, I'll probably have DLC decently covered.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreminem wrote:
That's what I'm talking about. Finalizer has been getting a ton of customs it seems like, so there will be an endless setlist for us to play pretty much between all of the games lol.

Sadly, the laptop I use to actually make the new discs is currently at someone else's house (I don't actually own it, but my sister doesn't mind me using it), which means I sadly don't have the ability to make any new discs right now. However, I did happen to make a new rendition of the shred disc which included Valley of the Damned, so at least that'll be there.

Unless, of course, you'd rather me haul my PC over there

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, it's all good. Between GH2 shred, GH3, and Rock Band there will be plenty of songs.

Rock of Ages is fun but it definitely isn't a must have.

I'll bring my hard drive for Rock Band though. Do we need guitars/360's? I have 3 guitars that work, one being an explorer.

Is the three companion pack worth getting? The one with Tina and the other 2 songs. It was released a long time ago but I didn't get it.
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sightread scores on Dragonforce pack:
Heroes of Our Time - 469,855
Operation Ground and Pound - 672,518 (possible 750,000 achievement song? I missed quite a few easy star powers)
Revolution Deathsquad - 613,009

Played Heroes of Our Time again and got 578,311. 3rd place on SH .

Woo! 1st place on Revolution Deathsquad and 6th on Operation Ground and pound.
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreminem wrote:
Haha, it's all good. Between GH2 shred, GH3, and Rock Band there will be plenty of songs.

Rock of Ages is fun but it definitely isn't a must have.

I'll bring my hard drive for Rock Band though. Do we need guitars/360's? I have 3 guitars that work, one being an explorer.

Is the three companion pack worth getting? The one with Tina and the other 2 songs. It was released a long time ago but I didn't get it.

Well I have a 360 with 2 guitars. One of them is kind of sensitive to tilting. I never have a problem with it, but other people have. Think it comes with the 360 LP territory. Technically you could bring another 360 + guitars, but I don't really think it's necessary. Even if we have two of them set up for playing, it can be kinda fun watching other people battle it out. Can always have my PS2 hooked up to my upstairs tv.

Nice sightread scores btw. Think 670k is about what Priest got on his first OGAP playthrough as well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, sorry I can't make it tonight. Some people came over.
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wondering but what times are these get togethers going to be? Are they just like normal get togethers or are they just from like 3 to 8 or something?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: