Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Praise: Guitar Hero Christian Rock Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
omegatitan99  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see this linked anywhere, but I found some screenshots.

Okay so, triangles instead of circles/rectangles, it only goes up to a four star rating, lyrics are displayed onscreen, and there's some kind of spinner bonus at the bottom. Other than that, it's pretty much the same as GH.

I will probably buy this game, I just wish it wasn't $100. I've been a Christian for my whole life and I've actually been wanting a Christian GH for a long time. I've always been a bit disappointed about all of the demonic images/songs in GH, so this is a welcome change for me. I'm super pumped for Flyleaf, Whitecross, and Stellar Kart. I'm sad that there's no Christian metal, but I'll live.

Has anyone bought this game yet or seen a review somewhere?

Edit: I guess it's kind of impossible to own the game yet since it hasn't been released, so forget my last question. <_<
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message PSN Name: MrHighScore (brother's) Wii Friend Code: 292172373142
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Praise: Guitar Hero Christian Rock Version Reply with quote

BatDan wrote:
http://www.giantbomb.com/news/guitar-hero-king-james-version/170/

My friend linked me to this earlier and I thought "If this gets popular it's the end of the world. Satan didn't cause the end God did."

The only band I recognize is Flyleaf and that's due to Rock Band.

But... AGGGGGGGH! WHY?

This could become popular. I mean, if Obama could make it this far in the race, a game this horrible could become popular.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellagerg wrote:
Urisma wrote:

LOL! those were funny (and on a religious note, there were 13 disciples.)

total fail. unless you're a different religion. there's only 12

total fail, a disciple replaced Judas, so there were 13 total, but not at the same time.

EDIT: thank you, cwhitney2
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Geeoff wrote:
Where's Stryper?

This. Also, why no good, heavy, Christian Metal. There is some out there, ya know. You could use As I Lay Dying. Flyleaf is in the game and they aren't necessarily a "Christian Rock Band". They say the same thing about their music as AILD does from what I hear.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tormentedbyu wrote:
Geeoff wrote:
Where's Stryper?

This. Also, why no good, heavy, Christian Metal. There is some out there, ya know. You could use As I Lay Dying. Flyleaf is in the game and they aren't necessarily a "Christian Rock Band". They say the same thing about their music as AILD does from what I hear.

Lacey was rescued from cancer by religion, so she's been heavily faithful ever since. Yeah they're not strictly a religious band in music but I guess they're using those who are overall strong with religion too?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpellcasterX wrote:

Lacey was rescued from cancer by religion, so she's been heavily faithful ever since. Yeah they're not strictly a religious band in music but I guess they're using those who are overall strong with religion too?

Cancer? I thought that she struggled with depression and she was suicidal at one point, at least that's what I read on the Flyleaf web site's forums. Flyleaf isn't a Christian band in the sense that they sing praise music (although they did sing a worship song when I went to Soulfest this year) but they are all Christians who let their beliefs influence the lyrics. Lacey appeared to be a really strong Christian by the way she spoke at Soulfest. Heh, I think Flyleaf is awesome, and I'm really glad they are in this game.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message PSN Name: MrHighScore (brother's) Wii Friend Code: 292172373142
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegatitan99 wrote:
SpellcasterX wrote:

Cancer? I thought that she struggled with depression and she was suicidal at one point, at least that's what I read on the Flyleaf web site's forums. Flyleaf isn't a Christian band in the sense that they sing praise music (although they did sing a worship song when I went to Soulfest this year) but they are all Christians who let their beliefs influence the lyrics. Lacey appeared to be a really strong Christian by the way she spoke at Soulfest. Heh, I think Flyleaf is awesome, and I'm really glad they are in this game.

This is what I was saying...

And As I Lay Dying works the same way. They have specifically said "We are not a Christian Band. We are just Christians IN a band. This obvious comes out in our lyrics because we write them from a Christian's point of view."

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company that makes this is pathetic, All they have done it copy any music game that has come out and replace the last word in the game with "Praise." They are just looking to cash in on the music game genre with cheap knock offs that appeal to christians.
KISSpwnsall  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Guitar Praise: Guitar Hero Christian Rock Version Reply with quote

Guitar praise
rock revolution
ultimate band
lips
how many gh/rb ripoffs do we need!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Christian, but Christian bands bother me. Most of them just do terrible covers of well known awesome songs (Last Resort by Papa Roach, etc.) and turn it into garbage. And when they don't do covers and they do actual songs, they all suck and have waaaaaaaaay too much religious stuff in them. It's like listening to the same song, even though they're all really different songs. Each one of them are just saying "Praise the Lord" in a different way >_>.

Plus, I think Guitar Praise's setlist would be more boring than GH:WT's.
omegatitan99  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HFactorX wrote:
The company that makes this is pathetic, All they have done it copy any music game that has come out and replace the last word in the game with "Praise." They are just looking to cash in on the music game genre with cheap knock offs that appeal to christians.

Pathetic? Hardly. You have to understand that many Christians refuse/don't want to fill their minds with secular music, so what Digital Praise is doing is reaching out to consumers who may not play Guitar Hero just for that reason. Most of the bands featured in Guitar Praise wouldn't stand a chance in making it into GH/RB, so they are giving Christians a chance to listen to Christian music while enjoying the awesomeness that is GH at the same time. Besides, you aren't likely going to be seeing this game in stores, so you won't have to worry about it.

directshot999 wrote:
I'm a Christian, but Christian bands bother me. Most of them just do terrible covers of well known awesome songs (Last Resort by Papa Roach, etc.) and turn it into garbage. And when they don't do covers and they do actual songs, they all suck and have waaaaaaaaay too much religious stuff in them. It's like listening to the same song, even though they're all really different songs. Each one of them are just saying "Praise the Lord" in a different way >_>.

Plus, I think Guitar Praise's setlist would be more boring than GH:WT's.

Way too much religious stuff? Errr, well obviously the main objective in making worship music is to praise Jesus Christ. THAT'S the point of Christian music...praising the Lord through music in every single way imaginable. Obviously many of the same songs are going to have somewhat similar lyrics, because Christian bands are singing for the same purpose, which is not true for many other genres. Yeah, the charts aren't going to be as fun, and it's probably not going to be as challenging, but it's Christian music's first shot at this, and maybe there will be more similar titles in the future. Also, what is this Last Resort cover that you speak of? O_o Which Christian band covers that?
SentoKaiba  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a Christian too and have been meaning to pick up this game just because.
I found this gameplay video on youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw-d_p1-hXk

I like the fact the final score is over 4 million

My own GH 1/2/3/WT Thread

My RB Thread
directshot999  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

omegatitan99 wrote:
Also, what is this Last Resort cover that you speak of? O_o Which Christian band covers that?

I don't remember, I heard it a long time ago. It was really terrible though...
ucpropick  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if the game had this ... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkim4yCikrc&feature=related ... i'd get it - or any other similar songs. I love this song and it looks like sooooo much fun to play

My Accomplishments. Read. Comment http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73741
RHRN  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Article wrote:
Personally, I'm of the mind that as soon as Man electrified the guitar, we embarked on the dark project of communing with demons, using the six-stringed instrument to allow Satan into our midst. It would culminate with the release of Judas Priest's 1982 album, Screaming for Vengeance

Article also wrote:

Could this all be a devious trick? What happens if I play these songs backwards?

I didn't finish reading. This writer is stupid imo.

To mods: Not flaming Christianity or any religion, just don't like the writer.

Also, 1000 points per note at 1x multiplier? WTF?? :P
Yes the two are VERY much interlinked
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 6 of 8

Jump to: