SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Praise: Guitar Hero Christian Rock Version
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilmusicdude711  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

directshot999 wrote:
I'm a Christian, but Christian bands bother me. Most of them just do terrible covers of well known awesome songs (Last Resort by Papa Roach, etc.) and turn it into garbage. And when they don't do covers and they do actual songs, they all suck and have waaaaaaaaay too much religious stuff in them. It's like listening to the same song, even though they're all really different songs. Each one of them are just saying "Praise the Lord" in a different way >_>.

Plus, I think Guitar Praise's setlist would be more boring than GH:WT's.

Yeah, because this song is so boring...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fb68WxGRIaQ
If you don't believe it's Christian, his shirt says Jesus. Also, here's a little part of a Christian song.
"Live by your own words and your own dreams
Never break this oath
Don't let them tell you what to do
Never how to think
Now what is it that you really want?
That you're looking for?
Now you know the question and you know the answer
You get what you fucking deserve"
"Too many times I've seen it, rip a hole into a friendship, this is how it's been, how it always will be, you think you're above me, but now I need to end this. Four words to choke upon. LOOK, AT, ME, NOW!!!" - BFMV <3
Mazzocchi  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought I'd bump this because the official trailer was released:
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/11/17/behold-its-the-guitar-praise-trailer/

holy crap, look at how fast that fret board is going.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mazzocchi PSN Name: Mazzocchi ICQ Number
stevenlarged  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could care less if it's christian songs or satanists songs, as long as this looks fun to play, I'll buy it.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol It reminds me of Frets on Fire or something really cheap lol I can't really see too much of it being fun unless they included some good Christian stuff like Tounique or Deliverance. I really don't remember too much Christian stuff being all that fun instrumentally so I really can't see too much challenge to it lol
gtaivpc  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

let's rock out some christian rock! J/k this sounds retarded IMO , :P
FinalAeon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol did anyone else notice how the framerate stuttered multiple times during the short gameplay footage. And it's really like Frets On Fire with triangles. Still, I wouldn't mind if Activision tried to get some Skillet songs in the next GH game.

kaflagemeir  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shows how much I read.

My friends will be super excited to hear Family Force 5 is in the game (I hate them >.>), even though they are by no means a "Christian" band.

The narrator guy sounded super nice... too nice if you ask me. >.>
knight18  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reptile003 wrote:
sadied0g wrote:
machchunk wrote:
If nothing else, the Christian game review site will be all over this like juice on a retarded kid's shirt.

rofllamobbq

Now about the game. Idk, looks kinda wierd. I love relient k and flyleaf's pretty cool, and i've heard of nate sallie, but idk if it'll have any "fun" songs. Anyone know if there is a christian version of Through the Fire and Flames in there?

Actually, many sources claim that the hard song for this game will be "Through the Heavens and Jerusalem" by HeavenForce, but I personally want either "Operation Preech and Speech", "Revolution AngelSquad" or "Soldiers of the Sacred Plane of Jerusalem where Jesus was Crucified, Buried and then Resurrected"

omg roflmao!!!!! i LOL'ed so hard i woke up everyone in the house
felixdaman18  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing when you use SP, God will help you in your guitar skills.
Excuse  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

its sounds terrible i won't get it il stick to good games like GH
SoulkeeperX  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHRN wrote:
Article wrote:
Personally, I'm of the mind that as soon as Man electrified the guitar, we embarked on the dark project of communing with demons, using the six-stringed instrument to allow Satan into our midst. It would culminate with the release of Judas Priest's 1982 album, Screaming for Vengeance

Article also wrote:

Could this all be a devious trick? What happens if I play these songs backwards?

I didn't finish reading. This writer is stupid imo.

To mods: Not flaming Christianity or any religion, just don't like the writer.

Also, 1000 points per note at 1x multiplier? WTF?? :P

I cannot stand people like that. How the hell is electrifying the guitar evil? They act like a non-christian bands number 1 goal in life is to turn everyone in a satanist, when in reality they're just doing what they love. Secondly, how is secular music, "evil"? Oh noez, I just listened to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, now I'm gonna kill my family and go to hell!!!! And why do they say a song is "Demonic"? How is Screaming for Vengeance "allowing Satan in our minds"? Ugh..so many stupid people
SketchFactor  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about you guys, but that guitar looks awesome.

Proud voxtar-ist. Put this in your signature if you are a voxtar-ist. Let's see how many voxtar-ists are on ScoreHero.
dubvcrazy  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulkeeperX wrote:
RHRN wrote:
Article wrote:
Personally, I'm of the mind that as soon as Man electrified the guitar, we embarked on the dark project of communing with demons, using the six-stringed instrument to allow Satan into our midst. It would culminate with the release of Judas Priest's 1982 album, Screaming for Vengeance

Article also wrote:

Could this all be a devious trick? What happens if I play these songs backwards?

I cannot stand people like that. How the hell is electrifying the guitar evil? They act like a non-christian bands number 1 goal in life is to turn everyone in a satanist, when in reality they're just doing what they love. Secondly, how is secular music, "evil"? Oh noez, I just listened to Bohemian Rhapsody by Queen, now I'm gonna kill my family and go to hell!!!! And why do they say a song is "Demonic"? How is Screaming for Vengeance "allowing Satan in our minds"? Ugh..so many stupid people
try living by a bible college like me. everyday they say crap to me like Led Zeppelin is satanist AC/DC is satanist rock is demonic. so what if stairway played backwards is satanist but geezs that doesn't mean the band is. i wish people like that would get a life.
SoulkeeperX  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dubvcrazy wrote:
SoulkeeperX wrote:
RHRN wrote:
Article wrote:

Article also wrote:

try living by a bible college like me. everyday they say crap to me like Led Zeppelin is satanist AC/DC is satanist rock is demonic. so what if stairway played backwards is satanist but geezs that doesn't mean the band is. i wish people like that would get a life.

I hear people say that a lot, yet I've never heard any examples of music being played backwards. I doubt bands try to make songs so that, when played backwards, has a demonic message in a coherent language, I couldn't do that even if I wanted to. And if there is something there, It's probably a coincidence, I'll bet if you played some Chrisitan music backwards you'd hear something too.
gtaivpc  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess you'd hear Hajulellah. Your friends can sing if they watch you shred out that SOLID CHRISTIAN ROCK. lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: