ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Metallica's "Death Magnetic" to release this Friday!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Metallica's "Death Magnetic" to release this Frida Reply with quote

That's right ScoreHero, it's almost here and I think were all ready for it! Not only will the album come out with the DLC on friday, but if you buy it for GH3 don't worry about having to buy it again again for Guitar Hero World Tour, because it will be forward compatible from GH3 to GHWT! There is also a special exclusive version of Suicide and Redemption that you'll only be able to get through Guitar Hero!

Enjoy!

Metallica Brings Death Magnetic to Guitar Hero(R) III: Legends of Rock This Friday to Make Music and Video Gaming History
Guitar Hero(R) to Feature Two Exclusive Versions of "Suicide and Redemption"
Downloadable Death Magnetic Album Also Forward Compatible with Upcoming Guitar Hero(R) World Tour

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Sept 08, 2008 /PRNewswire-FirstCall via COMTEX News Network/ -- In a monumental first for the gaming and music industries, Metallica's highly anticipated ninth studio album Death Magnetic will be available in its entirety as downloadable content for Activision Publishing, Inc.'s (Nasdaq: ATVI) Guitar Hero(R) III: Legends of Rock day and date with the album release this Friday, September 12. Featured on the downloadable album will be two Guitar Hero(R) exclusive renditions of "Suicide & Redemption" with extended solos by James Hetfield and Kirk Hammett. Gamers looking to shred, drum and wail away to the Death Magnetic downloadable album need only purchase the content once as it is forward compatible and will integrate seamlessly with Guitar Hero(R) World Tour when it launches this October.

In addition to the two exclusive versions of "Suicide & Redemption," Guitar Hero fans will live out the surreal Metallica experience with: "That Was Just Your Life," "The End of the Line," "Broken, Beat & Scared," "The Day That Never Comes," "All Nightmare Long," "Cyanide," "The Unforgiven III," "The Judas Kiss" and "My Apocalypse."

"We've been working very closely with Metallica and we're extremely excited to offer Death Magnetic not only in its entirety, but also with the exclusive recordings of 'Suicide & Redemption' as downloadable content to Guitar Hero fans," said Tim Riley, Vice President of Music Affairs for Activision Blizzard. "We're proud to be setting a new precedent for our two industries, making an entire new album available in two different mediums simultaneously."

Metallica's Death Magnetic album will be available for Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock on September 12, 2008 for download on Xbox LIVE(R) Marketplace for Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft at a cost of 1440 Microsoft Points and in the PLAYSTATION(R)Store for the PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system at a cost of $17.99.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock offers the ultimate rock experience with new wireless guitars, freshly added content and features including a multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, grueling boss battles, a host of exclusive unlockable content and visually stunning rock venues. Expanded online multiplayer modes allow axe-shredders worldwide to compete head-to-head for true rock status as they riff through a star-studded soundtrack including master tracks by legendary artists such as Aerosmith, Guns 'N' Roses, The Rolling Stones, Beastie Boys, Rage Against the Machine and Pearl Jam, as well as original songs by guitar icons Slash and Tom Morello. Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock is now available and is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB.

When the house lights go down this fall, a new generation of guitarists, drummers and fearless frontmen will come together and rock with Guitar Hero World Tour. The latest installment in the #1 best-selling video game franchise of 2007, Guitar Hero World Tour transforms music gaming by expanding Guitar Hero's signature guitar gameplay into a cooperative band experience that combines the most advanced wireless controllers with new revolutionary online* and offline gameplay modes including Band Career and 8-player "Battle of the Bands," which allows two full bands to compete head-to-head online for the first time ever. The game features a slick newly redesigned guitar controller, drum kit controller and a microphone, as well as an innovative Music Studio music creator that lets players compose, record, edit and share their own rock 'n' roll anthems. Music creators will also be able to share their recordings with their friends online through GHTunes(SM) where other gamers can download and play an endless supply of unique creations.

Guitar Hero World Tour is being developed by Neversoft Entertainment for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft and PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system. The Wii(TM) version is being developed by Vicarious Visions. The PlayStation(R)2 computer entertainment system version is being developed by Budcat. The game is rated "T" for Teen by the ESRB. For more information on Guitar Hero World Tour, please visit http://www.guitarhero.com.

About Activision Publishing, Inc.

Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, Activision, Publishing, Inc. is a leading worldwide developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and leisure products.

Activision Publishing maintains operations in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Sweden, Spain, the Netherlands, Australia, Japan and South Korea. More information about Activision Publishing and its products can be found on the company's website, http://www.activision.com.

Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-looking Statements: Information in this press release that involves Activision Publishing's expectations, plans, intentions or strategies regarding the future are forward-looking statements that are not facts and involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Activision Publishing generally uses words such as "outlook", "will," "could," "would," "might," "remains," "to be," "plans," "believes", "may", "expects," "intends," "anticipates," "estimate," future," "plan," "positioned," "potential," "project," "remain," "scheduled," "set to," "subject to," "upcoming" and similar expressions to help identify forward-looking statements. Factors that could cause Activision Publishing's actual future results to differ materially from those expressed in the forward-looking statements set forth in this release include, but are not limited to, sales of Activision Publishing's titles, shifts in consumer spending trends, the seasonal and cyclical nature of the interactive game market, Activision Publishing's ability to predict consumer preferences among competing hardware platforms (including next-generation hardware), declines in software pricing, product returns and price protection, product delays, retail acceptance of Activision Publishing's products, adoption rate and availability of new hardware and related software, industry competition, rapid changes in technology and industry standards, protection of proprietary rights, litigation against Activision Publishing, maintenance of relationships with key personnel, customers, vendors and third-party developers, domestic and international economic, financial and political conditions and policies, foreign exchange rates, integration of recent acquisitions and the identification of suitable future acquisition opportunities, Activision Blizzard's success in integrating the operations of Activision Publishing and Vivendi Games in a timely manner, or at all, and the combined company's ability to realize the anticipated benefits and synergies of the transaction to the extent, or in the timeframe, anticipated. Other such factors include additional risk factors identified in Activision Blizzard's most recent annual report on Form 10-K and any subsequent quarterly reports on Form 10-Q. The forward-looking statements in this release are based upon information available to Activision Publishing and Activision Blizzard as of the date of this release, and neither Activision Publishing nor Activision Blizzard assumes any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements believed to be true when made may ultimately prove to be incorrect. These statements are not guarantees of the future performance of Activision Publishing or Activision Blizzard and are subject to risks, uncertainties and other factors, some of which are beyond its control and may cause actual results to differ materially from current expectations.

*Online gameplay is only available for the Xbox 360(R) video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION(R)3 computer entertainment system and Wii(TM) and may require an additional subscription.

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock, Guitar Hero World Tour (C) 2007-2008 Activision Publishing, Inc. Guitar Hero, Activision and RedOctane are registered trademarks of Activision Publishing, Inc. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

"PlayStation", "PLAYSTATION" and "PS" Family logo are registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. Used with Permission. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. Wii and the Wii logo are trademarks of Nintendo.

SOURCE Activision Publishing, Inc.

http://www.activision.com
richasiandude  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish I had a 360 to download song... Wow, I have the first post.
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome...Forward compatible FTW... This is gonna be insane.

Last edited by ravagetalon on Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: RaVAgETaLOn Wii Friend Code: 1077530132982432
christiano27  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I just being an idiot or is there no mention on the EU release date?
Please could someone let me know how much it will be in the UK and when it will be out?
Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

epic win
Ruesap12  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome for non-Wii players! (I'll probably pick it up for GHWT DLC assuming you guys don't scrap Wii DLC at the last moment)

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
epic win

This times a billion. I'm so excited to buy the album and play these tracks. Sucks that I leave town on Friday, and won't get a chance to play them until Monday. But you can fully expect Monday night to be an all-evening Metallica rock-a-thon.

I've heard Cyanide, The Day That Never Comes, My Apocalypse, and they are great songs. But the one I CAN NOT wait to play is All Nightmare Long. This song is so freaking cool.

As a Metallica fan that was so disappointed in St. Anger, I can't tell you how happy I am.

buMf00d  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is so very very awesome, i knew it was a good thing to stock up on ms points before i ran out of money! XD
SteveAbKI  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Reasonably priced too (at least compared to previous GH DLC ...and that's not meant to bash Neversoft, since GH2 also had horribly overpriced DLC). I was afraid it would be at least $20. One thing that strikes me as interesting is the fact that BOTH versions of Suicide & Redemption are GH exclusive versions. The way it's worded seems to indicate that neither version are the actual album version.
ynglink  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear, I was going to wait for World Tour to download this, but now I don't need to worry!

~ynglink~

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxTrEmExScotTxX
Asuco  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC lately has been absolutely awesome, and has inspired me to actually get into buying DLC. That means what they've gotten out of the last two packs from me is those two packs + me buying most of the old ones - a step in the right direction! Now this offer is just about awesome, and the 3-WT compatibility are teh win.

I'm by no means a huge Metallica fan, I like some of their stuff, but Guitar Hero is about more than just good music. You're not gonna pay for an entire album that you sightread FC, no matter how good it sounds. I haven't heard the album, but seeing One, and the RB ones, I don't think that will be the case.

Anyway, yay for more good DLC!
S1ckH4nds  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone pay 1440 MSP for this album as DLC only when Best Buy is selling the preorder of the CD for $9.99 right now and including the DLC as a bonus? It seems like a no-brainer to me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: S1ckH4nds
Loder  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S1ckH4nds wrote:
Um.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why would anyone pay 1440 MSP for this album as DLC only when Best Buy is selling the preorder of the CD for $9.99 right now and including the DLC as a bonus? It seems like a no-brainer to me.

I'm pretty sure you are missing something. On the website you can buy the disc alone for $9.99, but the special edition version including the gh3 code is available for $29.99. You can see the difference by scrolling down and clicking each one, and by doing so you will see that only the special edition includes the code for the dlc.
squeezable  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

o.O, forward compatibility FTMFW?

My Yootoob
http://www.youtube.com/XPS3bballfreakX
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: baseballkid1226
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: