ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH:WT FULL SETLIST ANNOUNCED!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirosame wrote:
atruebassist wrote:
I know i said this on the thread quite a while back but,
MAKE YOUR OWN SONGS?!!?!?!? COME ON GUYS! QUIT COMPLAINING AND PUT AC/DC IN THERE. PUT BUCKETHEAD AND DRAGONFORCE IN THERE. Remember, there is a song creator! Oh, Toymachine, about that Tool section. I was only saying that because I've never heard them and i listened to what my friends told me. Its pretty sweet though.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen some rumors (I'm not sure if it has been confirmed) saying that copyrighted songs will be deleted from GH Tunes (or whatever it's name is), so I'm not very confident with the music creator.

Also, I think each music has a limited number of notes, so...
You are correct about the notes, but I don't think we've heard much about copy-righted songs(But I can see them deleting it because they might come out as DLC, but who knows, we'll just have to wait). But I do know that there is a limit on the song time and you can't change the BPM(I'm pretty sure) in a song which makes Dragonforce Songs almost totally out of the question. Buckethead songs might work but they're pretty long if you think about it, it might go over this time limit. Seriously, that's probably why they're getting pissed off, and the other reason is how long a Dragonforce custom might take(I don't even want to think). AC/DC might work too, but you'd never get that feeling of having a "real" singer.(Another words having the singer actually feel like he's saying "All Night Long") Also, no words makes it a bit bad too.(It couldn't be that hard to put it in... could it? Oh and that's on Neversoft's part, not ours, lyrics could take a long time on our part)
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirosame wrote:
atruebassist wrote:
MAKE YOUR OWN SONGS?!!?!?!? COME ON GUYS! QUIT COMPLAINING AND PUT AC/DC IN THERE. PUT BUCKETHEAD AND DRAGONFORCE IN THERE. Remember, there is a song creator! Oh, Toymachine, about that Tool section. I was only saying that because I've never heard them and i listened to what my friends told me. Its pretty sweet though.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I've seen some rumors (I'm not sure if it has been confirmed) saying that copyrighted songs will be deleted from GH Tunes (or whatever it's name is), so I'm not very confident with the music creator.

You are correct about the notes, but I don't think we've heard much about copy-righted songs(But I can see them deleting it because they might come out as DLC, but who knows, we'll just have to wait). But I do know that there is a limit on the song time and you can't change the BPM(I'm pretty sure) in a song which makes Dragonforce Songs almost totally out of the question. Buckethead songs might work but they're pretty long if you think about it, it might go over this time limit. Seriously, that's probably why they're getting pissed off, and the other reason is how long a Dragonforce custom might take(I don't even want to think). AC/DC might work too, but you'd never get that feeling of having a "real" singer.(Another words having the singer actually feel like he's saying "All Night Long") Also, no words makes it a bit bad too.(It couldn't be that hard to put it in... could it? Oh and that's on Neversoft's part, not ours, lyrics could take a long time on our part)
kirosame  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:
kirosame wrote:
atruebassist wrote:

I'm almost sure copyrighted songs will be deleted, unless they pay the copyrights. Seriously, if I had a band and if I've seen some of my songs names and rythms without my premission, I wouldn't think twice.
Raikri999  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirosame wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
kirosame wrote:
atruebassist wrote:

I'm almost sure copyrighted songs will be deleted, unless they pay the copyrights. Seriously, if I had a band and if I've seen some of my songs names and rythms without my premission, I wouldn't think twice.
Think about it this way, you wouldn't but would a band that just goes to have fun? I mean you don't much of this anymore with the money and the fame all mixed together but, let's say a band saw their song on GHTunes, if I were apart of that band, I would say keep it on. Why? Because I like to hear music. If my music is put online, me and my bandmates should feel proud that people like us so much. Sure, that's my way, but I bet some bands feel this way as well.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooMan555 wrote:
it is best to keep your opinion out. Don't stray him away from the songs just because you don't like him. Tell him to (let him) listen to the songs and form his own opinion.

He's an AC/DC fan he already has an opinion. My opinion is Angus's guitar work doesn't translate to "plastic guitar fun" in most instances. I'm glad they are not in GH World Tour.
Thewalker182of22  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THERE BETTER BE SOME DAMN GOOD DLC FOR THIS, CAUSE THE SET LIST SUCKS ASS!![/b][/u]
powahouse  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLINK 182 FTW!!!!!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: P0WAH0USE
EvanW492  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope the Purple haze chart is done right
[13:40] * chido4life293 gets the fuck out
[13:40] * EvanW492 slices wrists
[13:40] chido4life293: omg yes
[13:40] * chido4life293 slits wrists
[13:40] chido4life293: I FEEL ALIVE
[13:40] * EvanW492 hands chido a towel
BooMan555  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
BooMan555 wrote:
it is best to keep your opinion out. Don't stray him away from the songs just because you don't like him. Tell him to (let him) listen to the songs and form his own opinion.

He's an AC/DC fan he already has an opinion. My opinion is Angus's guitar work doesn't translate to "plastic guitar fun" in most instances. I'm glad they are not in GH World Tour.

Fair enough. Adieu.

Stryper's Myspace Here

Can't wait, because the Dragonforce album wasn't good at all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: KeenanC
tearsofblood  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crazy train ('we listen to what you want' )
hot for teacher (didn't know this one, am now starting to love it)
pull me under (not my favorite song by DT, but still awesome)
satch boogie (this is going to be fun )
trapped under ice (i hadn't heard it before, but i <3 this song now )
scream aim fire (one of their best songs IMO)
livin' on a prayer (always had a soft spot for this one )
up around the bend (i absolutely <3 this one)
beat it (early GOOD mj, classic )
overkill (one word: YESSSSSSSSS!)

all these songs on their own are reason enough for me to buy gh:wt.

though I would've like some Raintime in here (Flies and Lies, Moot-Lie or The Black Well, maybe even their cover of Beat It), this setlist is EPIC WIN
kirosame  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And speaking of Dream Theater, in my opinion Neversoft could choose another DT song, they have plenty of good songs that are hard, also they would fit perfectly on a game like Guitar Hero World Tour, for example: The Glass Prison, it could be the next TTFAF, Satch Boogie isn't the new TTFAF, it's hard though, but I don't see guys constantly failing in the beggining(or the solo) of Satch Boogie.

And yes, Glass Prison (an example, only) isn't just hard at guitar, it's also hard at the rest of the instruments.

Raikri999 wrote:
kirosame wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
kirosame wrote:
atruebassist wrote:

Think about it this way, you wouldn't but would a band that just goes to have fun? I mean you don't much of this anymore with the money and the fame all mixed together but, let's say a band saw their song on GHTunes, if I were apart of that band, I would say keep it on. Why? Because I like to hear music. If my music is put online, me and my bandmates should feel proud that people like us so much. Sure, that's my way, but I bet some bands feel this way as well.

I understand your point of view, but I wasn't talking like I was in a band as a hobby, I was talking like I was a very popular band. If it was so simple as you are saying, all Guitar Hero games had mastertracks..

But yes, I understood what were you saying, bands like Abnormality would feel proud if their music was in a instrumental game for example, it's a great way of getting new fans. Maybe unknown bands or bands with less popularity or even bands who don't care if their musics are on a game aren't going to be deleted, who knows (: I wish not.

Last edited by kirosame on Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
BemaniAK  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:16 am    Post subject: Re: GH:WT FULL SETLIST ANNOUNCED! Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
Featuring 86 Master Tracks, Game Delivers The Biggest Selection of On-Disc Music In The Music-Rhythm Videogame Genre To Date

Uhhh, last time I checked the biggest on-disc setlist on a Rhythm game is over 120 or so.
kirosame  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Re: GH:WT FULL SETLIST ANNOUNCED! Reply with quote

BemaniAK wrote:
ChrisVance wrote:
Featuring 86 Master Tracks, Game Delivers The Biggest Selection of On-Disc Music In The Music-Rhythm Videogame Genre To Date

Uhhh, last time I checked the biggest on-disc setlist on a Rhythm game is over 120 or so.

which game?
Archang3L  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kirosame wrote:
And speaking of Dream Theater, in my opinion Neversoft could choose another DT song, they have plenty of good songs that are hard, also they would fit perfectly on a game like Guitar Hero World Tour, for example: The Glass Prison, it could be the next TTFAF, Satch Boogie isn't the new TTFAF, it's hard though, but I don't see guys constantly failing in the beggining(or the solo) of Satch Boogie.

And yes, Glass Prison (an example, only) isn't just hard at guitar, it's also hard at the rest of the instruments.

I absolutely agree with you on The Glass Prison being an awesome song - but I think 13 minutes is pushing it a little. Even a robots arms would have fallen off by the end of it.

I'm personally really glad to see Pull Me Under in there - sure its not their most complicated song, but it'll still be fun to play, and it's a great sounding song.

I'm not sure what song I would have liked to see if a Dream Theater song was to be the 'Jordan/TTFAF' of Guitar Hero WT.

Actually, yes I do.

The Glass Prison. \m/
Who the hell needs arms, anyway?

"You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong?"
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Archang3L666
kirosame  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Archang3L wrote:
kirosame wrote:

I absolutely agree with you on The Glass Prison being an awesome song - but I think 13 minutes is pushing it a little. Even a robots arms would have fallen off by the end of it.

I'm personally really glad to see Pull Me Under in there - sure its not their most complicated song, but it'll still be fun to play, and it's a great sounding song.

I'm not sure what song I would have liked to see if a Dream Theater song was to be the 'Jordan/TTFAF' of Guitar Hero WT.

Actually, yes I do.

The Glass Prison. \m/
Who the hell needs arms, anyway?

ahaha, maybe you are right, it's a punishing song, 13 minutes of pure awesomeness, though.

meh, maybe a Glass Prison DLC? :P
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 45, 46, 47  Next
Page 46 of 47

Jump to: