ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
central florida tourney/get together thxgiving-ish
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:39 am    Post subject: central florida tourney/get together thxgiving-ish Reply with quote

EDIT: check the second page for details on how to get in on this.

so for anyone in florida that's interested, i'm trying to organize a get together for thxgiving weekend (black friday) at my house near ocala, leesburg more specifically. anywhere between jax, tampa, and orlando will be less than a 2hr drive here. i've got enough room to accomodate 12-15 people at least and plenty of room for people to crash and leave in the morn/afternoon the next day if you wish. i've got a double wide game room with a projector (6 feet x 9 feet), a guest room, a den, a living room, 2 beds, 1 mattress, and 5 couches for sleeping (all that's not including my own bed/bedroom). plenty of room for at least 3 or 4 set-ups at once. people will quite possibly be drinking. there's also talk of music exchange / cd burning, and fooling around with some midi stuff too. i've got an mp3 archive with nearly 900 full albums, so a little something for everyone. also i wanna get a little tourney going. we could use SH ranks as seeds and set-up some brackets. the date can be changed, i'd actually prefer a weekday as i work weekends and would have to take the night off to do it fri or sat (i work nights). so any takers?

this has also been posted on the RB side here:
http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=229415#229415
Streaming Blood Sex Sugar Magik!!
not trying to be a dick and it's probably just a typo, but it's Blood Sugar Sex Magik just in case you didn't realize.
I don't really think it matters, does it?

Last edited by Hoops4sho on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: Hoops4sho
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've a 360 w/ RB1, wired strat, xplorer, and completely working drums. i've got GH3 on PS3, but lost the usb dongle for my les paul. i've also got a wii and an unmodded ps2 with GH2, the wireless white guitar and red GH2 SG. i've got the projector, a VGA cable for 360 and a 19'' monitor, and a 27'' CRT in the den, so someone should bring a display. i've been collaborating with SuomiMetal on this most of the night and he probably will bring a display. if we wanna get multiple set-ups going, a couple people should bring systems and games/instruments too. i don't have ANY DLC on account of my only internet connection is mobile broadband on my laptop and i don't think i can connect a console to it.

i'm hoping to get the RB2 bundle for PS3 for my bday, which is like a week and a half before thxgiving.
not trying to be a dick and it's probably just a typo, but it's Blood Sugar Sex Magik just in case you didn't realize.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: Hoops4sho
Xenon1  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll have 2 GH:WT Bundles, 2 RB2 Bundles, 4 Les Pauls, let me what you want from which to bring, I also have 2 XBox360 Elites and 1 Halo 3 Xbox, all 3 have gamertags I own with all DLC for RB1/2 GH3/2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well so far only SuomiMetal has committed and he said he would bring a couple guys. would you bring anyone with you? if you're interested in the tourney, what instruments would you want to enter and on what difficulties? would you be willing to throw down money for pizzas or whatever, it would probably be less than $5 a person. i may need you to bring some of your gear, i'll let you know as more people commit. SuomiMetal said he will bring a display, music, and his computer with midi gear.
BunnyBoom17  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, exactly how far is this from Ocala? I can't drive yet, but maybe if someone lives close enough to me I can go. I have a modded ps2 that can play customs and 2 SG's I can bring.

*edit*

I forgot I do have College classes in the daytime, so its all depending on the date.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well if we do it on black friday, then you should be out of school. i'm about 45mins away, a little longer if you're on the other side of ocala. i've got friends in belleview and it take a little less than 45 mins to get to belleview from here. i drive through the villages on 441 to get to belleview.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm....If I remember correctly, then Ocala is about an hour and a half away from my place. I can be the random bald guy . Oh and I can bring my 360/modded PS2 for \m/ Necrophagist customs.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm interested. I'll check back for more info later
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright so i think black friday is the best day to do this before xmas holidays. if anyone has a more suitable day, feel free to make a suggestion. otherwise, that day is pretty much set. also, how early would you guys wanna start and how many of you would likely crash and leave the next day? i'm usually up very late as i work nights and i'm used to being up all night. what about dinner? would you guys wanna pitch in for pizzas and sodas or something. i'm thinking no more than $5/person should cover the cost of food. if you're still around in the morning, i will supply some type of breakfast before you leave. if you want to enter the tourney, please post the instrument you would like to enter and on what difficulty. if you stick to one difficulty per instrument, that'll help avoid confusion. as soon as i get some responses i'll start setting up some brackets. you guys have any other ideas, or thought of something i missed?

OnionPower: is your avatar from Super Metroid? oh, and i'm closer to you than ocala is.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoops4sho wrote:
OnionPower: is your avatar from Super Metroid? oh, and i'm closer to you than ocala is.

It's from ChronoTrigger.
And I live in Altamonte Springs, right next to Longwood in Seminole County, how close do you live? =P

Last.FM|Facebook

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i'm about an 1:30 from orlando, which is south of me and i think ocala is north from here. i'm pretty sure i'm closer to you than ocala. but i will admit defeat if i'm wrong.

seriously though, what do you guys think about having some kind of cash prize for the tourney, make it a little more interesting. if everyone that enters pitches in a few dollar or so, then 1st place and runner up get a little gas money for the drive home.
SuomiMetal  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MIDI gear I'm bringing is simply my keyboard (which is small), but I can rig up some jammin on whichever drum set is wanted. I know we can't have more than 1 MIDI instrument playing at a time though.

OnionPowder wrote:
Hoops4sho wrote:

It's from ChronoTrigger.
And I live in Altamonte Springs, right next to Longwood in Seminole County, how close do you live? =P

I live in Winter Park, so you live about 15 mins away or so I'm guessing.
Hoops4sho  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuomiMetal wrote:
The MIDI gear I'm bringing is simply my keyboard (which is small), but I can rig up some jammin on whichever drum set is wanted. I know we can't have more than 1 MIDI instrument playing at a time though.

i've got my laptop and a midi drum thingy, but i don't have a midi cable. i've also got MIDItar Hero and Drum Machine on the laptop for using RB/GH instruments as midi devices, but we'll probably be using our plastic instruments to play the games.
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SuomiMetal wrote:

OnionPowder wrote:
Hoops4sho wrote:

It's from ChronoTrigger.

I live in Winter Park, so you live about 15 mins away or so I'm guessing.

Yeah, 15 or 10 minutes away.

Last.FM|Facebook

peacelovetequila  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I'm in the vicinity of Central Florida, I can probably get to this. I can probably bring gear like Guitar Hero 1, 2, and 3 for the PS2. However, I need more information. Where is the exact address?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: