ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Have you ever beat the center of the world type
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:23 am    Post subject: Have you ever beat the center of the world type Reply with quote

This kid that goes to ITT with me is very full of himself and overexagerates his skill in everything. but this is a guitar hero forum so ill just stick to that

he would always tell everyone that he is amazing at guitar hero and i half believed him for a while until he told me that he got 750k achievement on NotB easily. i didnt call him on it then but. last week he told me that he can easily FC everything on expert except TTFAF and his reason for not being able to fc TTFAF (get this, HE CANT PASS THE INTRO) i laughed my ass of at him and called him on everything hes said up to then and he went on and on that he can 100% One and wouldnt drop it.

so yesterday i decided to bring my 360 in to school with GH3 of course.

i told him i wanted to face him on One.

he refused and said the only thing he would play is TTFAF on hard(yes Hard)because it is apparently the olny song he likes on GH3 and ll the other songs suck. then during the song his story changes very fast that he can 100% everything on hard except TTFAF easily. i beat him 521k to 313k. then of course he blamed it on the guitar not working.

there was a crowd of people who he also told he was amazing at guitar hero there watching us. This victory was probably my best feeling victory ever on GH.

anyone else ever beat anyone that bragged about their GH skill?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
AdamTL7  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When some kid at school told me he beat expert on GH3, I was like "cool, cool..." By that time, I didn't have GH3, but I had played it. So I asked him about TtFaF, and explained the intro and stuff.

"whats a hammer on and pull off?"

/facepalm.

He is still convinced he can play on expert.

Halloween comes around, I go to his house. I told him to play some GH3. He failed Barracuda on easy.

But the sad part is, 2 days later he came up to me and said "I beat GH3 on Expert last night."

^Thanks to MSH-Hitman for this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Luptak Attack
iSlak  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played on expert before I knew what HO/PO's were. >.>

Hehe.

To OP, that is actually a really funny story.

Saved for my return from school.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the most infuriating things that ever happened to me was of this type.

Before I begin, please note that the school I went to was generally accepted to be the best in the city, and I wasn't particularly intelligent by the school's standards. So a lot of people looked down on me, and I was somewhat held in contempt by several people, deserving or otherwise.

--

Last day at school. As in, last ever day of upper 6th. I'm sitting down during a free period thinking about nothing in particular when two guys I know - Tom and Dave - come in and sit down behind me, talking about a Guitar Hero tournament apparently being held at lunchtime. So naturally I start listening in. Neither of them know I play GH at all, and Tom is possibly the most arrogant person I've ever met. About everything. Ever. He holds me in an incredible amount of contempt, and doesn't mind showing it - to the point where it's starting to piss off our mutual friends.

So he starts talking about how great he is at GH and how if anyone beats him in this tournament he will give them £10 in person, there and then. Dave asks him how good he is, and he says something like "I can beat every song on Expert in every game except Jordan, and I've got five stars on most songs too." So I know I can beat him fairly easily, and this could well be the chance I've been looking for to take him down a peg or two.

I follow them down there, preparing to kick his ass, and find out the tournament has been cancelled. Someone forgot to bring in the disc. I don't stoop to telling him I could kick his ass anyway, but I do go away feeling pretty pissed off.

Yeah, that's my tale of almost-revenge. Fucking argh.

I'm going to laugh out loud if he is actually a SH member and replies to this. He didn't know what an FC was when I told him (this was some time ago) that "a couple of people are close to FCing both One and Through the Fire and Flames", and he didn't believe me once I explained it - so it's pretty unlikely.
I just want to, you know, get my name out there. BTW, it updates every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Was just the first two, decided to do Saturdays as well.
Serious advice now: No-one likes indecision in their work, so find what you like that you're even remotely good at, and stick with it. Don't flit from one thing to another, because that just smacks of a large lack of determination and drive. And people don't like you for that, and won't remember you for it. I mean, I get that you have a plucky spirit and a willingness to try new things, but there's a limit, man.
I might knock it down to just Thursday and Friday.
JOE2210 wrote:
Leave me alone, I have been drinking and your made up words mean nothing to me.

Last edited by Yewb on Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Yewb
NejiHyuuga777  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a lot of people like that at my school, but I've never had a chance. Besides, once they hear how good I am, and once I prove it with my YouTube videos, they usually don't brag to me anymore .

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's the opposite for me. There are very few Guitar Hero players at my school, many of them in my classes are too busy studying to bother with that sort of thing. I'm the big man on campus who can 5* Expert + Six and Jordan.

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AdamTL7 wrote:
When some kid at school told me he beat expert on GH3, I was like "cool, cool..." By that time, I didn't have GH3, but I had played it. So I asked him about TtFaF, and explained the intro and stuff.

"whats a hammer on and pull off?"

From the chris4life archive?

I haven't dealt with any of those sorts yet, but some people get real crafty with their stories. I played and beat a song on hard, someone goes "Play on expert ya wuss!", so I do, beat it and he'd go "I can do that"... I ask him to prove it, wait 30 seconds, and he falls on his arse.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

Last edited by Cyberwaste on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
DanSoup  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friends Dad thinks he's better than me because he beat me...

in a battle...

when he was on Medium and I was on Expert...

and it was my sightread of Surfing With the Alien...

and it was on a PS3 with lag that he was used to and I wasn't.

When I went down to Medium I beat him and he said it was because I puased the game (first time using a Kramer).

But yeah, it was a cool party none the less.

Also, a friends of mine when I said something along the lines of "The solo in one is just freakin' crazy!" He said it was, but he'd got 99% on the song once. I was like "Hey, awesome!"

I learnt later he was actualy talking about medium.

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
nitemare  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i work at besbuy in the videogame department...so i see a bunch of people playing our desplays all day. This one particular day, when we still had GH2-360 on display i saw this kid playing who wasnt horrible and i told him that at least he plays on expert...he later told me he won this entire tournament last week he said he was probably the best in our region since he "slaughtered" everyone who had entered. His friend backed him up saying no one could beat him. I asked if i could challenge him and he took the challenge without hesitation. he even let me pick my own song...what a guy!!

i picked Institutionalized...we started playing and than his friend said HOLYCRAP and i assume it was for me since i FC'ed most of the intro.
all in all i beathim somethinglie 280,XXX [horrible run] to him 200,XXX he didnt even congratuate me, he left and didntsay anything at all
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: immortalkz
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you ever beat the center of the world type Reply with quote

vipergtsr7588 wrote:

he can easily FC everything on expert except TTFAF and his reason for not being able to fc TTFAF (get this, HE CANT PASS THE INTRO)

The story of the person I am about to tell said that to, weird.

Well me senior year in high school, last year, Some kid in my Microsoft class, you average arrogant stretches the truth type person. This happened about 6 months ago. He says "Yeah I was playing on XBL last night and this 9 Year old named bed, have you heard of him, got 100% on TTFAF against me last night."

I had explained to him that while Ben was a very talented player, he did not FC TTFAF against you. He also claims that it is possible to Ho/Po chords in GH3, he did the BIF bridge in one strum and his uncle is the best guitar hero player in the world and has FCed everything except TTFAF because he can't pass the intro.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Have you ever beat the center of the world type Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
He also claims that it is possible to Ho/Po chords in GH3, he did the BIF bridge in one strum

I laughed for about five minutes after reading this. lol
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was why I loved my high school:

There were so many people that were legitimately talented at Guitar Hero that no one exaggerated their skill.

Though, the more casual players often exaggerated other people's skill. My history teacher thought I was like a God or something when I played Impulse and Stricken on expert during the AP History end of year party.

It goes back to what people have been saying for a while: Mediocre by Scorehero standards is great by anyone else's.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I beat a girl on the games convention in Leipzig this year. She was playing for a random company, which was publishing their new magazine...by going through the different halls I saw them playing GH and, as I am a gh freak, I instantly wanted to play, kinda ran to the stage and asked the guy who was leading the show if it is possible to "try" Guitar Hero 3 on this stage (GH:WT was one of the headliners :P) and he was like: "Sure if she selects you, but watch out she's really good.", and pointed on the girl. When she was searching for an opponent I flirted with her, well not really flirting but we found our eyes (omg how romantic ) and yeah, she chose me. When i was to select the song i just browesed through the setlist and stopped at WTTJ and though: "Yeah, you haven't played that song for a long ass time." She took hard and I asked her if I should go on expert and she said: "I wouldn't ;)". She scared me and so I took hard. The song began. We were playing battle mode and I saved 3 attacks, threw them on her and she failed after ~ 40 seconds.

This was real fun, as i won a t-shirt, played gh and could show off
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger ICQ Number
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ManfredvonKarma wrote:

Though, the more casual players often exaggerated other people's skill.

\

This is very true also. I got like 91-92% On Laid to Rest expert, I barely passed the 5 star cutoff and people were saying things like holy shit how can you do that. When in SH standards thats, meh.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
Drevenant  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never get a chance to play with other people tournament-wise. When I moved into this school, half the people already knew my skill at GH thanks to a friend that already goes here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: