ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
iamchris4life (GH Live -- In Due Time Descending Triplets FC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pas26  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers wrote:
Ggamer said there was only another 200 points and change left in TTFAF. He got every insane squeeze except one. So good luck on that one. lol But as for the others, pretty sure you could get those What about TTFAF on Smash Hits? Are you ever going to go for that one as well? It would seem only fitting since you did get FotS.

991k is actually possible though. The original path is a bit better than the newer one if you can squeeze Twin.

Ggamerman's hs was done using the newer path; he missed the first two squeezes, but proceeded to hit all the remaining ones (except the hardest of them all, the Lost inside lost within triple). The twin solo activation, done correctly, grants 200-400 more points, but that's with legit squeezing there. I dont see anyone but ukog of Dan himself beating that TTFAF score.

Jadon has first on OGAP, HooT and Devil (although he hasn't posted his Devil video yet) and apparently GHDude still is first on Rev Death. All of these scores are insane, so good luck chris.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
Davers wrote:
Ggamer said there was only another 200 points and change left in TTFAF. He got every insane squeeze except one. So good luck on that one. lol But as for the others, pretty sure you could get those What about TTFAF on Smash Hits? Are you ever going to go for that one as well? It would seem only fitting since you did get FotS.

991k is actually possible though. The original path is a bit better than the newer one if you can squeeze Twin.

That is true. I should have said he realistically said only another 200 is probably possible for him. And being that he has squeezed the crap out of that song, I would more or less say that's probably a realistic number for anyone trying to go for 1st place. But I think if Chris really wanted to try for it, I think he could do it. We've seen him hit some incredible stuff in the past but it will just be VERY difficult on that one song. If anything, he should at least aim for 990k
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be honest, I don't think chris has the squeezing ability to beat ggamer on ttfaf. I mean he's a great squeezer to be sure, but he hasn't hit any of the insane stuff that ggamer has, at least. Plus he'd need to be nearly consistent on the song, which is gonna be tough to get to that point. Chris has been out of the game for a while, remember. Though his natural gift for gh could probably take him to that point without to much struggle, who knows?

Yeah, he'd need to get better at squeezing, I think. No offense to chris, but I'm not sure he's hit any squeezes that even I couldn't >.>
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think Chris knows about reverse tick squeezing, in terms of burst ticks. Also, the optimal path for TTFAF in the website is correct, it's just that people wouldn't be able to grab an extra 400-600 points off the Twin Solo activation since a) Ho/po squeezing is ridiculous for this particular song, and b) Too risky, although it depends on your one-handing ability. I say to go for at least 989.5k .
iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony8 wrote:
I don't think Chris knows about reverse tick squeezing, in terms of burst ticks.

Elaborate.

Also, who said I was going for TTFAF 1st in particular? I actually never even considered it. I was mainly referring to the other three songs

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
Altruit  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:

990286 is entered here on scorehero for TTFAF. by ggamerman.

Altruit wrote:
The highest non-modded scores for the four Dragonforce songs on Xbox Live are as follows:

*a-hem*

Also Chris I'd like credit when you FC One for nagging you to alt-tap.

[00:23:13] <gerg> !8 MAH DICK IS SOOOOO BIG
[00:23:13] <ChanServ> gerg: Not on your life.
ukog-monkey  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have a try at my fots 1st. If anyone can beat it my moneys on you.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ti monkey75 PSN Name: MonkeyOnABike
conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=74356&highlight=reverse+ticks

talks about GH3 advanced squeezing
Velocity92C  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol people must not have been around very long if they think there's any score that's safe from chris. danny may have come in and become the best player in the world (and that's if you just count hitting notes, I don't think I've ever seen danny squeeze, but I've been mia for over a year), but in a month or 2, chris took 1st place on a shitload of songs that hadn't been touched in ages (at the time). chris can squeeze with the best of them.

Things that suck : Christianity, metal music, iPhones, Twitter, WoW, anime, 9/11 conspiracies and most of all, censorship.
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ukog-monkey wrote:
You should have a try at my fots 1st. If anyone can beat it my moneys on you.

I bet you mean to say Jprez .

Anyway, reverse tick squeezing itself is easy, but hard when it comes to the precise activation of the hold and how late you strummed the front-end. Refer to this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH7JpGuoPIYfeature=channel_video_title

Pay attention to the start of the 4th activation. Before the activation begins, the three note chord was strummed really late.

Here's a simple correlation: the later you strum, the bigger the tick burst is.

Once you activate, there is a burst of ticks that's added onto your score, no bullshit. Make sure to activate as early as possible, while still hitting the back end of the activation ;p.

You may notice as to why some HooT scores are really high, it's just cuz of good squeezing, tick holding (obviously you know that), and thanks to that RYB chord in the 3rd activation.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck Chris. Always liked seeing you randomly take 1st on something after being gone for a while.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony8 wrote:

Chris, this is not true. You'll always get an extra 32 points at the end of the sustain, no matter how much you squeeze that frontend. Look at my Even Flow ,832 video. I barely squeezed that blue sustain and got 32 points. Try hitting it as late as possible. You will still get 32 points.

What I just said isn't true for backends, however.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Pas26  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
Anthony8 wrote:

Chris, this is not true. You'll always get an extra 32 points at the end of the sustain, no matter how much you squeeze that frontend. Look at my Even Flow ,832 video. I barely squeezed that blue sustain and got 32 points. Try hitting it as late as possible. You will still get 32 points.

What I just said isn't true for backends, however.

Nope joe, the later you hit it, the more points you extract out of the tick burst. Ticks also becomes easier to drop, and whammy behaves differently, so that may be why it seem like it makes no difference on Even Flow

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try it on any activation in any song that has a reverse tick squeeze. Even Flow was just one example. You're right about the ticks being tougher to hold, and the whammy being different, but you'll always get 32 extra points from the tick burst itself. I have never once got anything else than 32 points from a reverse tick squeeze.

Edit: I'm not making myself specific enough. You end the sustain with an extra 32 points. The tick burst itself does vary the later you hit it, like you said. Sorry about that mixup, but you will never get more than 32 extra points after the burst. In other words, a reverse tick squeeze is worth 32 extra points, no matter how big or small the frontend is. It just needs to be squeezed at least a little bit.

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio

Last edited by jdamillio on Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:40 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
Try it on any activation in any song that has a reverse tick squeeze. Even Flow was just one example. You're right about the ticks being tougher to hold, and the whammy being different, but you'll always get 32 extra points from the tick burst itself. I have never once got anything else than 32 points from a reverse tick squeeze.

is this only on expert? i've gotten a huge range of different points from the degree of my burst squeezes so idk how you're getting 32 points as the only value
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 35 of 38

Jump to: