ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
iamchris4life (GH Live -- In Due Time Descending Triplets FC)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
jdamillio wrote:
Try it on any activation in any song that has a reverse tick squeeze. Even Flow was just one example. You're right about the ticks being tougher to hold, and the whammy being different, but you'll always get 32 extra points from the tick burst itself. I have never once got anything else than 32 points from a reverse tick squeeze.

is this only on expert? i've gotten a huge range of different points from the degree of my burst squeezes so idk how you're getting 32 points as the only value

Also you're sure you're activating in the same spot on the sustain every time? I'd imagine that would vary if you activate earlier or later as well...
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can hit When You Were Young's 1st activation, try it with that.

Using the normal activation (no tick squeeze), you always end that RB sustain with x78. Hit that RB as late as you want, you always get x78. The burst itself varies on points (like you guys have said), but you always end with x78.

Using the optimal activation (with reverse tick squeeze), as long as you activate when the burst occurs, you'll always end with x10. Always; no matter how big or small you frontend the RB. As long as a burst occurs at the end, you end with 32 extra points. If you end with x18, you activated a little earlier than the burst, so you got 8 points (two ticks), from activating a tiny bit earlier than the burst, and you got 32 extra points from the burst under SP. This would make the backend tougher to get (I'm actually pretty sure the backend isn't possible with these ticks, but I wouldn't know for a fact).

I would've brought up this song at first, but I didn't want anyone considering taking my 1st :P. Oh well...

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
jdamillio wrote:
Anthony8 wrote:
Here's a simple correlation: the later you strum, the bigger the tick burst is.

Chris, this is not true. You'll always get an extra 32 points at the end of the sustain, no matter how much you squeeze that frontend. Look at my Even Flow ,832 video. I barely squeezed that blue sustain and got 32 points. Try hitting it as late as possible. You will still get 32 points.

What I just said isn't true for backends, however.

Nope joe, the later you hit it, the more points you extract out of the tick burst. Ticks also becomes easier to drop, and whammy behaves differently, so that may be why it seem like it makes no difference on Even Flow

Joe, why do you doubt me? There can't be a logical explanation as to why you can only get a maximum of 32 points from a sustain, no matter how great the front-end is. Maybe '32' is a common number you get, but not for the rest of us.

Take Generation Rock's 2nd activation. According to the UB path, you get '74' as the last two digits after the hold ends. 1st place scorers got 36 extra points from that tick burst. It could also be '40', but I don't know how far back the activation can be set.

tl;dr: '32' is NOT the maximum you can get.
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony8 wrote:
Pas26 wrote:
jdamillio wrote:
Anthony8 wrote:

Chris, this is not true. You'll always get an extra 32 points at the end of the sustain, no matter how much you squeeze that frontend. Look at my Even Flow ,832 video. I barely squeezed that blue sustain and got 32 points. Try hitting it as late as possible. You will still get 32 points.

Nope joe, the later you hit it, the more points you extract out of the tick burst. Ticks also becomes easier to drop, and whammy behaves differently, so that may be why it seem like it makes no difference on Even Flow

Joe, why do you doubt me? There can't be a logical explanation as to why you can only get a maximum of 32 points from a sustain, no matter how great the front-end is. Maybe '32' is a common number you get, but not for the rest of us.

Take Generation Rock's 2nd activation. According to the UB path, you get '74' as the last two digits after the hold ends. 1st place scorers got 36 extra points from that tick burst. It could also be '40', but I don't know how far back the activation can be set.

i'm actually wondering if he is correct or not. For example, on Cherub Rock's 5th activation (on hard) no matter how late i hit the red sustain, i would always end up with the same amount of points because i did activate in the same spot every time. i might test this for myself but i misspoke before because i wasn't activating in the same spot every time when i did reverse tick squeezes

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newuser1234 wrote:
Anthony8 wrote:
Pas26 wrote:
jdamillio wrote:
Anthony8 wrote:

i'm actually wondering if he is correct or not. For example, on Cherub Rock's 5th activation (on hard) no matter how late i hit the red sustain, i would always end up with the same amount of points because i did activate in the same spot every time. i might test this for myself but i misspoke before because i wasn't activating in the same spot every time when i did reverse tick squeezes

Cherub Rock's BPM is really low, thus you need to squeeze a super-massive amount to get 4 more points.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has happened to me on every single reverse tick activation on any song in GH3. I'm positive that a reverse tick squeeze gives you 32 extra points, and only 32; nothing more, nothing less. Again, try it on any song, any difficulty, that has a reverse tick squeeze. Try CoP's first reverse squeeze. You'll never ever get more than 32 extra points if you activate right at the burst. I bet that whoever is against me right now, has not tried a lot of reverse tick squeezes on other songs, and paying close attention to the ticks afterwards (Pas and Alex, I'm not doubting you guys as squeezers because you're both amazing, but try it). Please, to anybody posting a reply to this, just try it. I feel like enough of a dick posting about this over and over in Chris's thread, and I don't want to post here again about this, nor make a seperate thread about this. I didn't expect a big debate because I thought you all knew about this already 0_o.

Edit: Anthony, for Generation Rock, you can activate earlier than it shows. That's where the extra tick comes from. Then you grab the 32 points from the burst. x74 + x32 (burst) + x04 (extra tick from activating earlier than SH's path) = x10 (,118 final score) after the sustain, resulting in 1st place. Generation Rock's score is claimed to be optimal not because of the burst, but because of how far back you can activate on that orange sustain, and still manage to backend that green note. If this optimal was dependant on the burst, who knows what optimal could be. I know it would at least be a lot more than ,118. A lot more.

Edit 2: I'm thinking I can make this more clear with two videos side by side. First video on the left will have an activation with a small frontend, and the second video will have the biggest frontend I can possibly pull off. I'll activate in the same exact spot both times (I can slow it down that much to where you'll see they are both pinpoint exact, WMM is actually useful? :P), and hopefully you guys, and Chris, will understand my point here. It may take a little time because I work five days a week, 3pm - 12am, so my time is really limited (and body endurance lol), but this wouldn't be a problem to make. I use to think the same way as you guys, until one day it clicked, after looking at many scores and spread differences.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
alexhaz64  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I finally understand where you're coming from. My initial confusion was me thinking about activating earlier or later on the sustain, seeing as how much that changes the points at the end. I was never consistent enough on activating to know if I was activating in the same spot, and thus getting the same amount of points from the burst or not. So I figured the burst varied. Interesting to note that that's not the case.

I didn't realize you got first on WYWY btw, congrats on that. :p (I hit the reverse tick squeeze on the first act and wondered how I got second so easily XD) I also hit the reverse ticks on the first act of CoP. And wouldn't you know it, the only times I hit the squeezes, it was 32 points above normal.

Here's an interesting thought though: If you front end a sustain more, does it move the end of the sustain as well? In other words, can you get the tick burst later on a sustain if you squeeze it more?
2:59 alexhaz64: I'm like 6th place on that song
2:59 alexhaz64: pretty neat
2:59 alexhaz64: :p
2:59 JohnnyGrey: No Alex, I don't care how good your score is
2:59 JohnnyGrey: DAMMIT
2:59 alexhaz64: XD
alexhaz64 flexes
2:59 psxfreak101: too slow on the trigger there, boyo
2:59 alexhaz64: that seems to be the case all night
2:59 JohnnyGrey: I've been too slow a few times tonight
2:59 JohnnyGrey: GDSAKj hfask
2:59 psxfreak101: XD
2:59 alexhaz64: LMAO
2:59 alexhaz64: OMG
psxfreak101 actua-loling
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, just don't take my first on that please :P. That first squeeze is so annoying, I had to hit it 7 or 8 times before getting my score. It destroyed my strumbar too >_>.

As for your question, I believe that, and the question about how points are accumilated on backend tick squeezes are unknown. I've never seen anything about it everywhere I've looked. All the squeezers I've talked to don't seem to have a clue about it either. You can look here for an idea on your question maybe. It's slow enough to at least see where the burst occurs, but I can't say it's the same place for every squeeze that is frontended that much.

Edit: Link isn't working... hmm.

iamchris4life  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit bump

"You say it draws near, the tits will be clear" - The Way It Ends
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG HE DID IT

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats chris

GHWoR Season 14 Leagues Champion
GH3 TTFAF FC - 6/3/2012
Join monthly GH3 Xbox LIVE GH Tournaments with us!

46|62|29|70|41|85|49|48|85|46|93|42
Full Series: 696/702
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: FingerQuickSH Wii Friend Code: 2581587414697466
Anthony8  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that happened rather quickly. Congrats on the full game FC, Chris!

One FC on the 1st and 2nd of November, pretty epic if I must say.
conlan22  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work. I like how your always gone for a while and then back with an amazing FC
Pas26  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol overdue

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pas26 wrote:
lol overdue

Crazy job mister
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: