ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Worms - Now with 100% more Xbox 360!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:53 pm    Post subject: Worms - Now with 100% more Xbox 360! Reply with quote

Anyone going to download this now that it's out?

I'd love to play some matches.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me, its looks pretty cool. I've never played a Worms game but is it like those tank games online where you set up your shot and gauge the wind and the angle and fire? Then your opponent can move, and then sets up a shot. And you get like super weapons that make massive holes in the terrain and stuff?

Yeah if its like that this game is mine.
CliffEmAll  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much yep. But a lil more elaborate than those online tank games ;P

Can't believe you've never played Worms. You've been missing out

So is this like a Live Arcade download or something? It is good old 2D worms right? If so I'll probably get.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

800 points on XBLA.

Looks like a few of the cooler weapons might not be there (I don't see a holy hand grendade yet ), but it's good ol' worms. Graphics are crisp, and yes, it's good old 2D goodness.

We'll have to set up some matches.

EDIT: Gamertag...right.

It's the same as my username here, so add me! If your gamertag is different from your name here, or I wouldn't know you right away, leave me a message with the request. I don't accept requests from people who I don't know.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I'll add you Al if we aren't already friends. Let me practice some and then we can have some matches !
BadgerBomber  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres only 22 wepons, which sucks.
Why can't they just put worms world party in and make everyone happy?
Instead of putting this PSP style one. Chose PSP one due to lack of wepons and looking alot like the 360 one.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm willing to bet with weapons they'll offer more via the marketplace. Hooray microtransactions!

/me will buy them all.

Also, there's only four voice packs, which totally sucks.

Still. WORMS!

Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the people who sent me friends requests tonight:

I see your requests, but my buddy is playing Oblivion while I use my PC, so I'm not going to bother him right now. I'm not ignoring you. :P I'll add you tomorrow and we'll get our game on.

EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BadgerBomber wrote:
worms world party

so true, but I love worms so I'll get it.

I'm glad its not worms 3D; though it was a fun game, its still inferior. Hopefully I'll be able to get this soon and I'll work on adding people in this thread. If anyone wants to add me my tag is Edward Teach666. I think I went temporarily retarded when I thought the space was a good idea.

I was going to put a link to a local bands page who has a song called worms (about the game), but it appears their site is no longer up. I wish I could share this song because it is amazing. Perhaps Maybe I could think of something if anyone was interested.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got it. It's quite fun. I think I'm on Challenge #7 of 20 on single player. Multiplayer, I have only won 1 of 4 matches so far.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm on challenge 6, I think. The difficulty just ramps up insanely really quick.

I suck with ninja rope atm....kind of destroys my whole strategy.

Deschain  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Alakaiser, thanks for the heads up, I love this game!!
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed the computer players in this game are ruthless and deadly accurate. I was playin a quick match to get used to the controlls and used the team whose personality was stupid and they were stupid good. completely insane shots they would make never miss their mark. I got up to playing against computers that skilled in WWP but I wasn't ready for it on this game.

I'm glad worms is on there but for 10 bucks I'd have expected a game at least like armageddon if not world party. It's still fun and I'll probably get my monies worth, especialy for the fact that I can play my friends, though I do miss all the big weapons I have gotten used to. I can see expansion packs in the future and I'll probably spend more money.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really think they're going to add more weapons and shit via microtransactions.

What took me awhile to figure out is that to do a custom single player match, you go to multiplayer and just put in AI teams. Felt stupid when I figured it out. <_<

Also, the game still isn't that hard if you whore out the ninja rope.

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:
I really think they're going to add more weapons and shit via microtransactions.

What took me awhile to figure out is that to do a custom single player match, you go to multiplayer and just put in AI teams. Felt stupid when I figured it out. <_<

Also, the game still isn't that hard if you whore out the ninja rope.

The ninja rope is a lot of fun, but it can be extremely unbalanced. I'm on mission 10 now, I think. It gets a lot easier around mission 7. Once you have 2 opponents, you can really use them to your advantage when they die (if they're in groups). Haven't played any more multiplayer yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: