ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Eye problems?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khfreek  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Eye problems? Reply with quote

For the past year or so on and off I've had this irritated eye problem (which I've just got some eye steroids for, so no worries), and since it's not allergies, infection, or the effects of wearing contacts, it would seem that the last avenue to follow would be my playing video-games. In particular, Guitar Hero, since it requires you to focus on a much smaller area than normal TV (my sister has complained about playing it when she has contacts in before).

So my question to you all is, have any of you had eye troubles playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band?

The discos had the funk, the junkies had the groove. No one knew what they was gonna do but Bambaataa had the news.

Let there be chains... there were chains
Let there be soul... there was soul
Let there be degrading of women.... there was degrading of WOMEN!
Let there be sratchin.... there was scratching!
LET THERE BE RAP!
ifudgems  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are having eye problems from playing a video game, I think its time to take a break.

Im not gonna lie, last spring break I played COD4 in 12 hour shifts, and yes my eyes got very sore
IATV3  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have eye problems now. I used to have perfect eyes but now after a summer of GH and other video games, my eyes are fucked up. It takes more focus to read things I used to be able to read no problem, and other things.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've used to wear contacts all the time, and my eyes got quite irritated while playing. Since going back to glasses, they don't bother me at all.

Regardless of the reason, it's definately time to take a break from playing if theres any sign of physical problems.
6lake6bodom6  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wear contacts, and i CANNOT for the life of me play GH with the lights off. everything goes extemely blurry every time i try. so maybe try playing with the lights on if you dont?

SDoner8790  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have contacts and I have played guitar hero for hours straight in the dark. No problems at all. I guess it doesn't effect everybody.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend complains about her eyes when she plays GH/RB, when wearing contacts lately.

I havent had any problem with my eyes when playing, except the funky feeling when looking away from the screen directly after playing a song, when the world goes up or down, dont remember wich direction :P Its very cool when playing outside ^^
wildrice  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't happen anymore but when I first started playing guitar hero it would start making my eyes water for some reason. I never had any problem with them getting iritated or things looking blurry though (I wear contacts too).
1PARTYBOY1  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After i play for an hour or two it looks like everything moving up like the fretboard it almost makes me lose my balance but i have never had any real eye problems.

Goals: 55 FC''s GH3X[](54); 700K TTFAF[](646k) My Accomplishments
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: xPartyBoyxBB
DanSoup  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My left eye started twitching on Tuesday after NOT playing Guitar Hero. I normaly play for a couple of hours after school but I went to see a dance (No laughing... ) on Monday. Tuesday my left eye started twitching, but it stopped Wednesday morning.

Playing in the dark is not good for you. I HATE looking at a TV or monitor with the lights off, it makes my eyes water.

Some say he came back just to fix the "5-Note Chord" banner in his sig...
[23:01] <DanSoup> Did you know, girls masturbate as often as men
[23:01] <DanSoup> they just lie about it normaly
[23:01] <SillyScape> no-one mastrubates as much as me
MrMike  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Eye problems? Reply with quote

khfreek wrote:
For the past year or so on and off I've had this irritated eye problem (which I've just got some eye steroids for, so no worries), and since it's not allergies, infection, or the effects of wearing contacts, it would seem that the last avenue to follow would be my playing video-games. In particular, Guitar Hero, since it requires you to focus on a much smaller area than normal TV (my sister has complained about playing it when she has contacts in before).

So my question to you all is, have any of you had eye troubles playing Guitar Hero/Rock Band?

is it an inflamation at the back of the eye or something? my bro has something similar and he's been playing gh alot, doesn't seem to affect him.
GregoryZero  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DanSoup wrote:
=Playing in the dark is not good for you. I HATE looking at a TV or monitor with the lights off, it makes my eyes water.

Yeah, if I play for about 4+ hours on any game, it makes my eyes water and hurt for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First day I got GH2 I played it for about six hours and had that scrolling effect for about an hour.

Haven't had it since.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't had any trouble with normal play. But when you're in the middle of Freebird and the PS2 freezes...man that plays tricks with your eyes. After it happens once or twice you start to appreciate watching the fretboard stretch into the distance.
ultratowel112  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HerbieHero wrote:
I haven't had any trouble with normal play. But when you're in the middle of Freebird and the PS2 freezes...man that plays tricks with your eyes. After it happens once or twice you start to appreciate watching the fretboard stretch into the distance.

I thought I was the only one that saw the stretching fretboard. But I also see it in the tutorials (try it once [GH1,2]).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: