ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Interesting info thread

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NfskMjmMal2  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Interesting info thread Reply with quote

Recently, there has been some discussion about moving the Interesting Info About GH thread to the Wiki.

Of course, the reason why I'm creating a thread is because it can go both ways. Just from looking at other people's opinions (not mine), generally, the pros of moving it to the Wiki are that the information will be much more up to date (the OP gets edited every month or so), and generally, the cons are that the thread can be destroyed, because people can edit as they please.

Remember, no poll threads. Give reasons why, not "yea" or "no".
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooo, my idea is going to get discussed.

Major Pro: We'll be able to keep it up-to-date.
Major Con: We'd probably have to deal with a few people coming in every now and then to say that Jordan has no chords.

If we could get the same edit protection that the song pages have, there wouldn't be any real reason not to do it. Hell, even if we can't, it store the previous versions of pages. We'll just have to police that to see what changes are helpful, and which ones aren't.

Ballot
Yes [X]
No [ ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should implement a feature that once a certain thing has been proven it can not be edited, even though with all the info that would take forever . In a way this could be more organized, in which we have links to all sections, such as a link that goes straight to "Guitar Hero 3 Expert" or "All GH Games Expert", this would make looking through the interesting info a lot better.
The only con I can think of is what Karma said, which would be an idiot putting random facts in there, but that's a con for any page on a wiki.

[x] Yes
[ ] No

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Eastwinn  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We could always just set permissions to certain members. Members who didn't have edit permission could just post in the comments or message somebody who can.

Yes [X]
No [ ]
jonnyg111  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eastwinn wrote:
We could always just set permissions to certain members. Members who didn't have edit permission could just post in the comments or message somebody who can.

^^^

yes [x]
no []

You have died of dysentery. Put in your sig if lemons.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 446831583882
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm all for this too. I haven't had as much time to devote to keeping the OP up-to-date, so moving it to the Wiki would definitley be for the best. Also, to the person who said someone could destroy it, I could keep a copy of it in a PM to myself, and we always have the thread itself if need be.

Also, we could just set the editing to certain members if need be. And the thread is so popular, I don't forsee any stupid shit that could be edited into it staying for too long.

Yes [X]
No []

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now that ViPeR6 has agreed, I don't think anyone else really matters.

http://wiki.scorehero.com/InterestingInformationAboutGuitarHero

If, for whatever reason, you can't create that page, Viper, I'll do so (because I know I can).

Edit: Obviously, a bunch of us will be contributing, I just think you should be the one to create the page, given that you created the original thread.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've copy/pasted the OP into the wiki. I'm not exactly sure how the coding on the wiki works, and I'll look into it later. For now, it's up in the link in manfred's post.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViPeR6 wrote:
Also, to the person who said someone could destroy it, I could keep a copy of it in a PM to myself, and we always have the thread itself if need be.

The mods and admins have records of sorts of deleted threads so that probably wouldn't be totally necessary.

ManfredvonKarma wrote:
Obviously, a bunch of us will be contributing, I just think you should be the one to create the page, given that you created the original thread.

Agreed. Also, I think the thread should be left public for now. If it gets out of hand, we can limit it to a few responsible people.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: