ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tables and Links

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ricecake  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:16 am    Post subject: Tables and Links Reply with quote

On the Cheat Codes page I created, I had to use raw HTML to create the tables, since Wikka's table capabilities seemed to be pretty limited. However, I noticed that any links I included in the HTML table don't get backlinks counted properly. For example, I link to the page for "Rock You Like a Hurricane" (since it is the code for Precision Mode), but the backlinks page doesn't list my page.

After searching the web, it seems that Wikka v1.1.7 has more advanced table capabilities. However, it seems that JCirri and staff has done a considerable amount of work customizing the wiki for SH purposes. Therefore, I do not know how easy it would be to upgrade the wiki software.

TL;DR - Some wiki features don't work right in manually-coded tables.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would it work right? You're overwriting the wiki's linking method, which is how it keeps up with linked pages, and using hardcoded html instead. Of course it's not going to auto-recognize those.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wikka 1.1.7 isn't even stable yet, so I don't think we want to upgrade yet. We can probably consider it once it is, but for now it's probably not good to upgrade to a "beta" version for a wiki that's getting as much traffic as the SH one.
ricecake  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the info. I just searched for "wikka table" and I came across the documentation page. I didn't realize it wasn't stable yet.

ManOfMrE: I realize why it wasn't counting. That's why I suggested the upgrade to the Wikka software. However, based on Deimos's comment, it doesn't seem to be such a good idea to upgrade to it yet. I can live with it for now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
ManOfMrE: I realize why it wasn't counting. That's why I suggested the upgrade to the Wikka software. However, based on Deimos's comment, it doesn't seem to be such a good idea to upgrade to it yet. I can live with it for now

Gotcha, I took your post the wrong way then, my apologies. I thought you were saying something didn't work properly, telling us WHY it didn't work properly, but then still asking why it didn't work properly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: