ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So....We PS2 users are not interesting anymore....
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
StevenStewberry  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoG wrote:
It was bound to happen eventually. The PS2 is a great console, but there are now better consoles out which more people are starting to get.

We could get some serious insight if someone could go find out when exactly they stopped manufacturing PS1 games. (lol I'm a n00b at Google searching)
Munzapoppa  

Location: In front of my PS3, feeding my addiction to Green Day Rock Band. NO I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!!!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll agree that the PS2 is outdated, but it costs too much for most people to get a PS3. Plus, the new ones aren't even backwards compatible anymore. So much for Sony staying loyal to their long time customers (like me, who has owned Playstations for about 10 years).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony ceased production of the PlayStation on March 23, 2006, over 11 years since it was first produced

Wikipedia FTW!

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
lazor  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stop bitching.

Even if you can't afford it, you can't expect a port of every next generation game for the PS2, just for you.

You could have gotten some good deals today. On Amazon they had a thing where users voted for which obscene console discount they wanted($79 for a Wii was one of them), and if you were in the winning group you had a shot at getting that offer(not sure how big the chance was).

Point it, you have outdated technology, don't expect the same features and games as the newer technology.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheGrudge93 wrote:
Whitt333 wrote:
GuitarGeek08 wrote:
Yet the PS2 has lasted longer than any console ever created.... and will continue to do so

This is the reason that NVS and HMX keep releasing their games for the PS2, people still have the console. But in all honesty, I don't see why someone wouldn't get a 360 or PS3 (Or Wii, if you just like to play casual games) if they still only have a PS2. The console isn't receiving as much games/features as the other systems. People still complain, and it doesn't make sense.

You must also keep in mind that people like me with jobs have the only income in the house. And I'm 15. So therefore people like me down in the poverty level can't really afford this and have to stick with the old systems (Hell, I got my PS2 the day they came out and it still works).

People that can't afford something shouldn't complain about not being able to.

You can either:
1) Work hard and buy it .
or
2) Stick with what you have.

Technology changes, and you must either adapt to it, or keep with what you have. Complaining about it will get you no where.

(Sorry for the super late response, but I thought it was necessary.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Side Note: This would be a good thread for Other Game discussion not just Music.

On topic: Yes the PS2 is a great system. Yes it can last longer than probably just about any xbox 360. Yes it has had its share of completely epic games. And yes it's been out longer than any other system in today's video game market. However I do have to say this: M-O-O-O-V-E O-N. In all seriousness, there are not a whole lot of good NEW games out anymore for PS2. If you want about 2000 games in your collection, the PS2 is probably your best bet. We must consider that in the past 15 years, technology has changed DRASTICALLY. In the mid 90's, the Nintendo 64 came out, and that was considered to be really good quality. But look at today's standards. We have HD, we have Blu-Ray, we have Wireless Internet Access. Even in gaming, online has become a standard. Most developers for new video games are focusing on the current generation of gaming consoles, as most have considered the PS2 to be in the same generation as Xbox and GameCube. Sony decided however that PS2 manufacturing would happen because of slow PS3 sales. However, I'm sure that PS3 sales have picked up faster due to a decrease in price. Poverty does have to do with what game system you have. Not everyone can afford a PS3, a Wii, an Xbox 360, the Rock Band bundles, or even a new standalone guitar, individually or with everything together. Microsoft has done a tremendous thing for our economy by making an xbox 360 that's only worth $200. It even comes with a game! That right there is just going to make a TON of sales. Considering you already have a PS2 and you're strapped on cash, Sell your PS2, its games, and start a fund for a new xbox 360. Heck, you don't even HAVE to pay for XBL. Just the "premium" called Gold. You can still get a lot out of an offline game: Achievements and better graphics. Everyone's opinions are going to be different; some might like the old, some are all about the new. I'm here to say: Go with a new console. You already have an internet connection, and I'm sure you have a Guitar Hero or Rock Band game you can sell. Start saving.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, PS2 has outsold PS3 every month since its release. Secondly, in the general gaming market, the console the majority of people are playing on and spending their time on seems to be PS2. It also doesnt have any reports of hardware failures unlike the 360. The consoles cheapness is what MAKES it a good audience to cater to, especially in the midst of a global recession.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're on a roll with the bumps today, aren't you...

The PS2 is over nine years old. Yes, it still sells a lot, but that doesn't mean that you should be expecting a whole lot of new games for it. Its hardware is very, very weak compared to even the Wii. I'd link to Wikipedia but I'm sure people would bawww even though the information there is correct as far as the hardware specs are concerned.

You can't expect the awesome new games that actually push the current-gen hardware to the limit to be ported to the much weaker PS2, or even the Wii. Computers just don't work that way.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No need to complain about new games not coming out for the PS2. If you want a system that is guaranteed to have new game, get a new system. I'm fine with only a PS2. There are about 15 GH/RB games out for the PS2. I don't see how anyone can complain.

3926 0220 0199 1364
JizzleWright  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next Gen Consoles aren't THAT expensive hell you can buy an Xbox360 for like £120 (not sure what that is in American money) I earn that much every 3 days!
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JizzleWright wrote:
Next Gen Consoles aren't THAT expensive hell you can buy an Xbox360 for like £120 (not sure what that is in American money) I earn that much every 3 days!

They're $199 in the US but seeing as that doesn't include a hard drive you wouldn't be able to get much DLC (on 256mb), which would be the main draw in terms of music games. Plus you have to buy Live (since it's one of the best features of the 360 for 50 bucks, and any GH game now is gonna run you almost 100. It does add up. So saying "buy a 360, it's only $199!" is just unfair.

PS3 slim is also coming out and I believe it is $299. So yes the PS2 was awesome but you need to accept new technology and stop bitching that they aren't making as many games for a 10 year old system.

On another note, why the hell would you want RR on the PS2 anyway?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, all this "old generation systems" talk is really making me wonder what it would be like to play GH/RB for super nintendo

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jdamillio wrote:
wow, all this "old generation systems" talk is really making me wonder what it would be like to play GH/RB for super nintendo

IIRC they have an 8-bit mod for Frets on Fire, now I kinda want to check it out. I would hope that the whole thing is 8-bit and not just the background. If so, awesome

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xtresso wrote:
you need to accept new technology and stop bitching that they aren't making as many games for a 10 year old system.
One or the other.

3926 0220 0199 1364
ajanata  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While we're threadjacking with thinking about 8-bit Guitar Hero, I present you with Shredz64.

/diversion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: