ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitarclash II Guitar Hero 3 Tourney October 11 Atlanta, GA
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
guitarclash  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:35 am    Post subject: Guitarclash II Guitar Hero 3 Tourney October 11 Atlanta, GA Reply with quote

Guitar Clash II: The Gift & The Curse

Yeah, once again we're getting back together. Our last tournament back in May was a blast and now we are having another in October on the 11th. We've slightly changed the rules a bit but everything will mostly remain the same.

Venue:

Georgia World Congress Center (Room B202 in Building B)
285 Andrew Young International Blvd., NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30313-1591

This tournament will be taking place alongside another fighting game competition on that day going on as well so there will be many other events going on. If you wanted to know what other things will be going on that day as far as fighting games go check out our thread at Shoryuken.com over here http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=159463

Time:
The tournament is scheduled to begin at 12 p.m.

Entry fee:
This time around there will be a $10 entry fee at the door to cover the venue costs for the player and if he/she is accompanied by guardian his/her guardian does not have to pay. There is a separate $10 entry fee to play in the tournament.

Prizes:

70% of alloted prize money to 1st place
20% of alloted prize money to 2nd place
10% of alloted prize money to 3rd place

Games:

Guitar Hero 3 Expert Tournament (Xbox 360)

Guitar Hero Aerosmith Expert (Xbox 360) (Only if someone is willing to bring a copy of the game and their machine with all the content unlocked.)

This tournament will be expert only this time around.

The rules will work in this fashion:

At the beginning of the match a flip of the coin will determine who picks the first song. However, you can only pick a song ONCE during the preliminaries. If you make it to the semi-finals your song selection resets and you can pick a song you've already picked only once more until the duration of the tournament. So be wise with what songs you pick.

It will be a double elimination tournament. Also, this is be a bring your own guitar event. Last time I bought the guitars in and no one wanted to use them because they said they didn't like them. So this time, you must bring your own guitar or use someone else's.

Hyperspeed allowed only if both players agree.

If anyone has any other rules they'd like to add or if anything is missing let me know. These rules are subject to change without notice.
petererk  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woot
00:57 pkovach2 : Whats a "penis"?
00:57 jnukes2-1 : i'll show you tomorrow

Ewwww....

My Customs
mattdylan99  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely coming if there are going to be a lot of people.
guitarclash  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's going to be quite a bit of people there for other events as well. This tournament will be taking place along side of Impact Clash (a fighting game tournament) and there's already 70 some people coming for that. So, it's going to be quite a bit of people there but hopefully more will be coming for Guitar Hero as well.
ynomrah  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

def coming to this. cant wait to meet the rest of you guys.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm definitely going, but I am also going to the Tennessee vs. Georgia game on the same day. So if the tourney goes until like 5 PM I will have to leave early :'(. I hope to see some of you guys there, if you see someone who looks like this say "Hey coltz/kltz/JR!"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kltznum1 wrote:
I'm definitely going, but I am also going to the Tennessee vs. Georgia game on the same day. So if the tourney goes until like 5 PM I will have to leave early :'(. I hope to see some of you guys there, if you see someone who looks like this say "Hey coltz/kltz/JR!"
It will finish before then, we are going to start at 12 p.m. You'll have more than enough time so you'll definitely be able to make it to both. Athens is about an hour away from the World Congress Center if not closer.
mrsaturnboing  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About how many people do you expect will show up for this?
guitarclash  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well currently as it is already there will be over 100+ gamers for another event named Impact Clash and you can check that event out over at http://forums.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=159463. They are coming for fighting games but there's no telling how many of them are willing to also sign up for guitar hero as well. Secondly, the World Congress Center is a huge event center (one of the biggest in the U.S.) and there are many of other events that day. There's are LCD monitors throughout the facility which advertise and direct everyone to where certain events are going on. Since this is the case (like the last one) there will be spill over traffic along with people coming from the last one. The number though I can't quite say.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be there.

Isuyaru  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love to make it to this, but it's starting at the exact same time as the SSBM tournament at Impact Clash II, which I'd much rather go to... Sigh.
guitarclash  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impact Clash II and Guitar Clash II are both ran my myself and are in the exact same room. Meaning, if you sign up for both tournaments that's perfectly fine. We'll wait for you to finish your match over at Smash or Brawl and allow you to play your next match over at the Guitar Hero stations as well. People generally sign up for several games at once even though the games take place at the same time all the time. It's very normal and the tournament will not begin without you so long as we know you are in the room and playing a match against someone else. We skip you if you are not in the room and we have no clue where you are.
ynomrah  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guitarclash wrote:
Impact Clash II and Guitar Clash II are both ran my myself and are in the exact same room. Meaning, if you sign up for both tournaments that's perfectly fine. We'll wait for you to finish your match over at Smash or Brawl and allow you to play your next match over at the Guitar Hero stations as well. People generally sign up for several games at once even though the games take place at the same time all the time. It's very normal and the tournament will not begin without you so long as we know you are in the room and playing a match against someone else. We skip you if you are not in the room and we have no clue where you are.

perfect since i will be playing in both.....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope to god i will be able to go, that would be badass.
and i would love to meet other scorehero peoples, as well as other guitar hero lovers

hope to see yall there!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BAMagee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: