ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
rock revolution
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
semaca617  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: rock revolution Reply with quote

i've heard about rock revolution, this new band game being made by konami. i'm wondering, do you think it will be the next great game or a huge bust? with GH:WT and RB2 coming out this year, i think we have enough full band party games around.

one more question: would there ever be a ScoreHero Rock Revolution?

expert 5*:
RB1: 58/58
GHA: 41/41
GH3: 64/60 FCP (4.1), MG (4.4), NFMH(3.9), TTL (4.0), TWIE (3.3), TTFAF (3.4)
GH2: 74/74

MY CUSTOM USERBARS!
TheDojoLoach  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if you saw the e3 demo of rock revolution where the senior programmer failed on guitar. It was painful. I think the drums will be the only good part. I don't think that it will be big enough to get it's own part on scorehero. That's more a question for the mods and admins on here.
JJBDude  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling it will get it's own Scorehero. The community here on Scorehero is the best ever, you love the music rhythem games so fucking much and the time and effort put into the websites is insane.

Fingers crossed for a Rock Revolution site.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: JJBDude48 PSN Name: JJBDude
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like a joke, and half the songs have already been released on GH/RB games....

I have a feeling the current two communities are going to band together to shoot down this common enemy until its long forgotten.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJBDude wrote:
I have a feeling it will get it's own Scorehero. The community here on Scorehero is the best ever, you love the music rhythem games so fucking much and the time and effort put into the websites is insane.

Fingers crossed for a Rock Revolution site.

How long have you been here?

No. There won't be a RR Scorehero. Rock Revolution is just not able to compete with RB or GH.
Baboulinet  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/20186

Ouch.
supernovamaniac  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is just fail.

The straight-down notes won't work for some players since they are already used to reverse-hallway mode. Also, the graphics don't look that good.

If they released guitar freaks and drum mania, I would consider it because that series is awesome (don't get me wrong, Konami is the inventor of music games and I have respect towards them) but this game isn't going to sell over 10000 or even 1000 copies. And suing Rock Band so that people have to buy something worse to play? I think people will stick to RB rather than moving on to something crappy like this.

I got owned.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Wii Friend Code: 287882963981
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Re: rock revolution Reply with quote

oscarjayjay wrote:
I heard it's gonna suck besides music games are on their way out you know just a bunch of die hard fans rocking out with their socks out left!
eh!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

GH3's sales figures say differently there, actually.
Rock Band isn't doing bad either.

(Whats with the 'EH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!' at the end of all your posts?)

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Deathblooms51  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:31 pm    Post subject: Re: rock revolution Reply with quote

TopGearFTW wrote:
oscarjayjay wrote:
I heard it's gonna suck besides music games are on their way out you know just a bunch of die hard fans rocking out with their socks out left!
eh!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

GH3's sales figures say differently there, actually.
Rock Band isn't doing bad either.

He's the Fonz.

That guitarist was awful, I've never heard Blitzkrieg Bop sound like it was being played with a kill switch before.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarFreaks and DrumMania should be brought to the US (Hopefully it wouldn't turn out like Beatmania US did), heck maybe KeyboardMania..now that was a rare game.
sluggo  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played Rock Revolution at E3. It's absolutely horrible.

It's actually mind-boggling how much the game gets wrong. The UI is a mess, the drum kit is terrible, the covers we heard were lousy. I couldn't force myself to sit there for more than 15 minutes before I got up and walked out. Even if you could use the ION kit for this game, I'm not sure I'd want to play it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:
I played Rock Revolution at E3. It's absolutely horrible.

It's actually mind-boggling how much the game gets wrong. The UI is a mess, the drum kit is terrible, the covers we heard were lousy. I couldn't force myself to sit there for more than 15 minutes before I got up and walked out. Even if you could use the ION kit for this game, I'm not sure I'd want to play it.

No seriously, what do you REALLY think of it?

Beedlebub  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deathblooms51 wrote:
TopGearFTW wrote:
He's the Fonz.
Maybe he's Canadian.

This game looks awful. This game is going to be over-hyped, and will wind up being used as a coaster. Or a Frisbee.

Sorry for being so negative, this game seems like it's Konami's effort to get into a popular game market, which will probably fade out within 3-5 years.

God damnit.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RudiganRex PSN Name: Beedlebub-
MilkChan  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Konami should've just released it as Rock Revolution with their KONAMI ORIGINALS, not crap licenses. Could've used their Sonata Arctica and Avenged Sevenfold and Mastadon tracks as licenses and marketed Rock Revolution as "a rock game for more serious players" and have attracted a crowd but they fucked up worse than beatmania US. Hell even in the trailer the crowd doesn't seem all that enthusiastic. There's barely any applause!

Sorry, I love Bemani, but you missed your chance and fucked up even more in the US Konami, so you might as well pull out while you still have DDR, wait a few years when the rock craze dies down a little, THEN take a stab at marketing your music games in North America...
mikelikesystem  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock revolution is HORRIBLE!! Crappy covers only 32 songs on the whole game. Why would you waste your money on that? $190 for piece of junk...i would only play it if i got it for free
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: