ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Your thought?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Your thought? Reply with quote

I'm really thinking about this whole RR thing... And I was debating whether or not I should invest in it. I was really surprised when I heard that they'd be releasing DLC.. There really aren't enough on disc songs compared to GHWT/RB2... So with the lack of frequent DLC, I doubt this game would hold my interest too long.

However... It seems like right now the rhythm game industry (atleast the instrument playing part) seems pretty complete (I know it's not, and never is.... But eh). Or atleast, at a peak. People are really loving Guitar Hero games and the Rock Band games.. So I'm kind of concerned that RR will end up kinda "going under". I just don't see there being much success to this game.

So.. Can anyone tell me? Has it been released on how they're doing in sales? I don't want to buy the game and then a few months later hear there will be no further DLC because just not enough people are playing it. And, do you think this game is going to be able to compete with GH/RB? Because personally, I just don't see it happening..
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
Mushy2008  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I think the DLC for this game will be amazing... I mean look at the DLC for Karaoke Revolution Presents American Idol They had over 150 songs for DLC and they are all well known party songs that everyone knows... That's the thing I love about RR they Will not be afraid to put the songs in RR that you would never see in RB/GH... KR had everything from Britney Spears to the Heebee Jeebees

Oops forgot to mention if it's worth a buy... Defiantly YES... the drums will defiantly take time to get used to... but the guitar charts are solid... the Covers are above average... not gh2 caliber but really good...the Graphics are amazing Better than GHWT imo...the presentation is great, there are some awesome gimmicks that add a lot to the game in terms of gameplay or what not. The song list is amazing, and it's just a very solid game in general overall it was exactly what my expectations were... Konami is a great company and they have always made great Music games... this is just another one to add to their list... for their first go, It's a great game.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please buy, it's a great game, even if you can't stomach a few of the vocal covers, the charts are pretty good, just a few undercharts here and there, and there are songs that are really fucking hard.

It also needs more people playing online. I can't even find a match
JODIsBack  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'll probably give it a rent
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: