ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Enforced Avatar Restrictions (135x135)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cliff  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think wide sigs are a problem too. Though not nearly as bad as wide avatars, they still break frames now and again.
Sully  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blakstang98 wrote:
I think sigs using a ton of space is a bigger violation than avatar heights.

Agreed, which is why we're working on a universal definition of "signature." We're still debating what should be allowed and what shouldn't, but the big point we're going to focus on is the fact that every user has access to their own Wiki page. A ton of work went into setting up the ScoreHero wiki and we're hoping to encourage more people to work on their personal pages. A lot of stuff in current sigs is much better suited for wiki pages- stuff like goals, large images (comics, etc), and perhaps even accomplishments. The staff is still debating but rest assured that our ultimate goal is to make the site better for everyone.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vSully
MrYumYum  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sully wrote:
There are a lot of members =P
I don't believe you, it's only around 300k members. >:O

/sarcasm

Edit: I need to lrn2read =|

<3 robbyx4595 for sex banner
Add me on XBL if you wish, just leave SH name in message.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: MrLeeChang16
Deschain  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People complaining about the avatar restrictions should probably just get creative with cropping, or find a new image (I know I just went back to my original avatar). I'm interested in the sig standardization, are you possibly planning on using contribution points to increase the sig character limit as another donation incentive?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deschain wrote:
People complaining about the avatar restrictions should probably just get creative with cropping, or find a new image (I know I just went back to my original avatar). I'm interested in the sig standardization, are you possibly planning on using contribution points to increase the sig character limit as another donation incentive?

Character limit isn't an issue and can be easily bypassed. When I still had a goals list in my sig, it was way too long to do as text, so I had it as an image (also shortened it because I could do columns).

So character limits don't necessarily do anything except prevent people from copying War and Peace into their sigs.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am all for reducing everything you can possibly reduce. I am a full blown minimalist. I've had the same avatar forever, and have no sig. Never had a sig. Never felt like I needed one. Not that I'm chiding anyone who has a big honking sig, just never felt the need for one myself. I don't like the aesthetics of it. Anyway.

Alright, now I'm going to chide people who have a big honking signature. Is it really necessary? For example, Mr. Yum Yum posted four lines and then had about 20 lines taken up by his signature, which wouldn't be all that unruly in the first place if it wasn't for that honking huge anime picture.

Compare for yourself (over 9000 hours in paint):
Original
No Picture
No Picture and No quote

Now, no offense to Mr. Yum Yum, it's not my place to judge him based on his sig. But I for one am much in favor for docking down maximum sig heights.
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if this was addressed before, but I'd like to propose to change the default replacement avatar (the red square and the arrows). I just think it'd be better off if it wasn't so attention grabbing. It really isn't a pertinent issue and I would be able to pay it no mind for the time being, but it just seems kinda contradictory that the avatar restrictions are to make the forums more concise and less of an eyesore yet the method to enforce the restrictions involves putting solid red blocks throughout the forum. If it was something a little less noticeable (135x135 block to match the off-white color of the post's background, maybe put the SH logo to make it official) it'd be less blatant.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

microgamer2vs2 wrote:
I don't know if this was addressed before, but I'd like to propose to change the default replacement avatar (the red square and the arrows). I just think it'd be better off if it wasn't so attention grabbing. It really isn't a pertinent issue and I would be able to pay it no mind for the time being, but it just seems kinda contradictory that the avatar restrictions are to make the forums more concise and less of an eyesore yet the method to enforce the restrictions involves putting solid red blocks throughout the forum. If it was something a little less noticeable (135x135 block to match the off-white color of the post's background, maybe put the SH logo to make it official) it'd be less blatant.

I agree to this. Whenever I see one I look at it for like 5 seconds, it's annoying but I can't stop myself. It really grabs your attention, unlike if an avatar is just a bit too big. ( like 140x140 , not 200x200 big)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:
microgamer2vs2 wrote:

I agree to this. Whenever I see one I look at it for like 5 seconds, it's annoying but I can't stop myself. It really grabs your attention, unlike if an avatar is just a bit too big. ( like 140x140 , not 200x200 big)
But it's supposed to be attention grabbing so the person knows their avatar was too big and they need to resize/find a new avatar.
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

9001 wrote:
Whitt333 wrote:
microgamer2vs2 wrote:

But it's supposed to be attention grabbing so the person knows their avatar was too big and they need to resize/find a new avatar.

If there avatar gets deleted they should notice it with anything. Were saying its annoying to other people to see this sort of avatar. That is the reason why we have the restriction in the first place, correct?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I didn't realize that my avatar was a problem, its all fixed now. Its right tiny!!! Thanx, and have a wonderful day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: