ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GHWT PS2 Forced widescreen on standard tv?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Potatomasher  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: GHWT PS2 Forced widescreen on standard tv? Reply with quote

Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked already, but I've looked through the first five pages or so on here and haven't found anything about it.

On the PS2 version of GHWT is there any way to disable widescreen?

It's all squished and super skinny with lots of empty space at the sides... it's a widescreen picture squished into a regular screen, so everything is skinny and out of proportion, and in songs the fretboard is skinny and tiny and it's hard to even read the scores and stuff.

There doesn't seem to be any option for video other than progressive scan, and changing the PS2's system options around (tried both "4:3" and "full") doesn't change anything.

I've also heard it's forced widescreen on the Xbox 360 (letterboxed there though), which would also suck (but at least everything wouldn't be squished....)

I was planning on getting the 360 version, but maybe that'll have to wait until I have a better TV. The PS2 version looks awful. I wouldn't care about the graphics much but even the notes/score displays are screwed up and squished, which is pretty unacceptable. If I move up to the 360 version it's going to be tiny letterboxed, so I'd better stick to PS2 for now.

Please tell me there's a way to fix this.
WhammyHappy  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

same problem here and i have 360. cant read shit

Guitars Ive owned and had problems with: 9
# that have worked: 2
malictus  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And I thought this was only a problem in the Wii version.

This is my number one complaint about GHWT. When I'm standing directly in front of my TV, about 5 inches away, and I STILL can't tell whether a digit is an 8 or a 3, you know something is wrong.
kayfabe1  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i brought this up as well.....No one from neversoft has commented on this yet to my knowledge....i saw one post where they said it would be LETTERBOXED...... BUT IT IS NOT LETTERBOXED ON THE PS2 OR WII. I took my ps2 upstairs and hooked it to my 52" DLP and WOW what a difference, YOU COULD READ WORDS DURING VOCALS ......But lag sucks which is why I play on my 27" TV.......

When is someone from Neversoft gonna address this????????????? I sent an e-mail to the Warranty place expressing my concerns and have yet to hear back. I basically said "I as a consumer in the U.S.A. am entitled to a return or exchange of goods or services when the product is knowingly faulty, or will not perform the way it is supposed to perform"

WAITING!
skylerinman  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Re: GHWT PS2 Forced widescreen on standard tv? Reply with quote

Potatomasher wrote:
Sorry, I'm sure this has been asked already, but I've looked through the first five pages or so on here and haven't found anything about it.

On the PS2 version of GHWT is there any way to disable widescreen?

It's all squished and super skinny with lots of empty space at the sides... it's a widescreen picture squished into a regular screen, so everything is skinny and out of proportion, and in songs the fretboard is skinny and tiny and it's hard to even read the scores and stuff.

There doesn't seem to be any option for video other than progressive scan, and changing the PS2's system options around (tried both "4:3" and "full") doesn't change anything.

I've also heard it's forced widescreen on the Xbox 360 (letterboxed there though), which would also suck (but at least everything wouldn't be squished....)

I was planning on getting the 360 version, but maybe that'll have to wait until I have a better TV. The PS2 version looks awful. I wouldn't care about the graphics much but even the notes/score displays are screwed up and squished, which is pretty unacceptable. If I move up to the 360 version it's going to be tiny letterboxed, so I'd better stick to PS2 for now.

Please tell me there's a way to fix this.

I have noticed it looking different on mine,
but I never thought anything of it. Since I have it
hooked up through my S-Video, it's still clear.
But I'll see if I can change it.
dclapp wrote:
Fork1 wrote:
I quit. This team is Deadhead6391s now.
you quit? so no more hacking YT accounts then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: skylerinmanSH
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: