ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rubik's Cubes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
louster200  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm still working on my first one! :D

>_>

And I saw the video of the guy solving a 20x20x20. it's awesome.

Cuno  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iirc, they've made up to 11x11x11 cubes. They just cost a lot.

I still have my original 3x3x3, except now it's all lubed and re-stickered.
Average is ~47 seconds, record is 32 seconds (Total last layer skip... I finished 2nd layer and...I was done. It took me a moment to hit the timer since I was flipping out at my luck >.<)

I do cross-3 corners-3 2nd layers - 4th corner- 4 2nd layer - 2-look OLL - PLL. I have all the PLLs memorized except the stupid double ones (i.e. corner & edge rotation)
What I mean by "3 corners-3 2nd layers - 4th corner- 4 2nd layer "
Is that I do 3 of the corners, use the empty corner to put up 3 of the 2nd layer pieces (which puts them up in place in 3 moves instead of 8 moves), then do the 4th corner/4th edge (a lot of the time i can do them at the same time).

I have not learned F2L, and I'm still faster than most of the F2Lers at my school...Hurray fingertrixies.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 317968448119
Fug  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh, the Rubik's Cube. It was my life for a few months earlier this year. I solved a 3x3 in 54 seconds. I solved a 4x4 many, many times but never timed myself. :/ Pry took me around 4 minutes on average, that's my guess.

Accomplishment Thread - Nothing new... lol. | Youtube | S11 - GH2X Squeedlies Champion!
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cuno wrote:

Actually, the v cube company makes them up to 7 but they will go up to 11. Don't expect that one until about 2020.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solved one last week, took me a while, its fun to play with when you have nothing to do.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reikonkeiri wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
reikonkeiri wrote:

MuckFizzou wrote:
My personal best with a 3x3x3 is 48 seconds, but average 1 minutes and about 20 seconds. I was motivated to solving 4x4x4 cubes this summer but lost interest. I could solve until the 2nd to last step too.

irony because the second to last step is to solve it like a 3x3 rofl.

my best on a 4x4 is 4:53 but I only legitimately timed myself once

That's not what I do. I solve it in about 7 minutes and I do top layer, bottom layer, middle edges, finish last 4 faces.

lol i didn't even know there was another method haha. that sounds a lot harder to me. all i have to do is align centers, align edge pairs, 3x3, parity. sooo very easy and parity isn't even necessary all the time

I've tried that strategy and one of my important algorithms for getting the edges messes up the faces.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blackwidowcd wrote:
Cuno wrote:

Actually, the v cube company makes them up to 7 but they will go up to 11. Don't expect that one until about 2020.

I was keeping an eye on the vcube about a year ago, they hadn't been released at the time.
Just checked the site. OMG THEY ARE RELEASED.

I do the 5x5x5 method of topcenter -> bottomcenter -> corners -> top bottom edges -> middle3layers edges -> middle3layers centers
I solve every cube other than 3x3 that way.

When I first beat my 5x5x5, I did it making up my own algorithm along with the basic 3x3x3 algorithms, but tweaked a bit. I used 1 5x5 algorithm for all of the middle/bottom center pieces AND then used it again for the bottom edges.

It was (don't know orientation, so bare with me, hold it so a face is straight at you):
Turn the front face ccw
|||^|
Turn the front face cw
|||v|
Turn the bottom face ccw (as if you were looking at it straight on)
|||v|
Turn the bottom face cw
|||^|

I believe that is it. Some of you can take a look and see what it does... for fun...
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A friend of mine has an "average of 5" record of just under 20 seconds I believe, for the 3x3x3 (his best time is 17 seconds or so).

I haven't really learned (too busy with teh PLASTARS), but damn, cubing is a way cooler parlour trick than playing plastic guitar
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbo wrote:
blackwidowcd wrote:
Cuno wrote:

I was keeping an eye on the vcube about a year ago, they hadn't been released at the time.
Just checked the site. OMG THEY ARE RELEASED.

I know, I first went to the site about 3 years ago and it was called "rubik's cube olympics". Back then they just had drawings and I was anxious for the 6 to come out and for months I checked for a release date. I got back into cubing less than a few months ago and the have the 6 and 7!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm mad. I just solved my 3x3x3 with the fastest time I've ever done it but I didn't time it. I'm thinking about 30 seconds and my old time was about 45 seconds. This time was lucky, I got the first 2 layers in maybe 20 seconds and right after I finished the two layers, the cube was already set up for an ALLAN, which takes me probably less than 5 seconds. It was so lucky and I wish I could've timed it.[/url]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to cube a ton.
I slack off now but I still mess around with them at school.
My average is around 50 seconds, but it used to be around 40.
My fastest is probably about 30 seconds or so.

I use a modified Fridrich method that I made up so I don't have to memorize all 60 algorithms or however many it is.

My steps are:
1. first cross
2. F2L with one step
3. 2 algorithm OLL
4. 2 algorithm PLL
turbo  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mind sharing your 2 algorithm o/pll?
Rikuthemaster  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Re: Rubik's Cubes? Reply with quote

tenorsrule2008 wrote:
Rikuthemaster wrote:
I recently got a 3x3 Rubik's Cube, and was surprised at how much easier it is to solve than it was when I was way younger. After practice, I can solve this thing in about 3 minutes. I have yet to work on a 4x4, but the simple question is, has anyone ever solved a Rubik's Cube?
Are you talking without algorithms? Dang man, good job

I can almost solve it but i never bothered to learn the fish and H algorithms, so i kind of have to get lucky

No, I've never solved it without Algorithms. I do the layer method. Ya know, the method that is taught with the manual that comes with it. xD I'm a failure.

Did somebody say [Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TTParadigm PSN Name: TTParadigm
Mischlings  

Location: The state of Confusion (aka Michigan (Ann Arbor, if you want to get specific))

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started cubing last summer. Third time I solved it, it took me 42 minutes. Within a week, I was down to 4 minutes. At my peak, I managed 33 seconds, with a 45 second average of 10.

I have and can solve a 4, but I've never timed myself and can never remember the parity algorithm.

And there's the little matter of this:

My YouTube account

Playing:
Rock Band 2
Pokemon Diamond (Friend Code: 2622 6465 1998)
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts
A million Super Mario World Rom Hacks
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mischlings wrote:
I started cubing last summer. Third time I solved it, it took me 42 minutes. Within a week, I was down to 4 minutes. At my peak, I managed 33 seconds, with a 45 second average of 10.

I have and can solve a 4, but I've never timed myself and can never remember the parity algorithm.

And there's the little matter of this:

If you did that, congrats!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 3 of 11

Jump to: