Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Rubik's Cubes?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Twool  

Location: Depending on the time, I could be in one place, or many.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to be totally in to cubes, but kind of stopped for the most part in the last year or so.
I have a 3x3 and 4x4, records are 32 seconds and 2 min and 5 sec (for the 4x4).

This website is really cool, I found it years ago and use it pretty often.
http://hi-games.net/
It has 2x2-10x10 digital cubes. I've solved all of them

here's my profile, if you care to see: http://hi-games.net/profile/137

Once you get the finger movements down, you can get times that are a lot better than your irl ones. It just takes a few times to get it in your brain that whatever key moves whatever side.

Can you put 32nd notes in your custom songs on World Tour? I can't.

Protest the Hero Fans - Free MP3 of the hidden track before Bloodmeat if you PM me or comment on Youtube
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ICBM
Prong1978  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just picked up a Rubik's Cube (3x3x3) from the store two days ago. We haven't had one in the house since Ronald Reagan was president.

I wasn't able to solve it then (1985), but I've been learning what I believe is the layer by layer method by watching Youtube videos. I'm down to needing to memorize the last two algorithms. I’m not too concerned with speed, but it would be nice if I could pick up any random 3x3x3 cube and solve it within 2 1/2 minutes without needing any written notation.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got the three vcubes a few days ago and have solved each a few times. I solved up to 10x10x10 or 11x11x11 on a virtual program that goes up to 20.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to do the layered method, but barely had any of the moves memorized and eventually lost interest..

but since i've been riding the bus to work, i picked it up again and learned the petrus method.. best time so far is 3 minutes.. but i haven't timed myself in a while.. i can usually beat it three times before i get to work..

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I didn't know this thread existed

Rubik's Cubes are awesome I always told my mom I wanted one, 'cause I just wanted to TRY to (was gonna say FC) solve it.. Everyone told me I wouldn't be able to solve it anyway, and after my mom bought it, well.. I didn't solve it

So I checked out pogobat's video on YouTube (which I don't recommend if you wish to become seriously good one day, like 15-second range*), and learned how to solve it in like 2 days from that.. My first solve was probably like 10 minutes..

So from there I just kept practicing that method, and eventually I averaged sub 1 min. Then I felt like I could do a lot better if I just found a better method..

So I went from a method with like 7? algorithms, to one with more than 70.. Practiced that one for a few months, got into sub-35 sec average and a best of 20.3 sec (or so) and got bored of cubing

So there you have it If anyone has any questions about cubing in general, specifically 3x3x3-related questions, I'll be more than glad to answer them and help you out

*The reason why I don't recommend learning pogobat's method on solving the 3x3x3 Rubik's Cube, if you one day seek doing sub-15 or even just sub-20 seconds, is because it's very hard to go from this method to more advanced ones (that are required to solve it really fast). I'm specifically talking about the Fridrich method which more than, probably 80% cubers use.

There are other methods you can use if you really wanna be GOOD some day. But if you don't, then pogobat's method is fine.

Here are two good beginner tutorials
http://solvethecube.110mb.com/simple_solution.html
http://erikku.110mb.com/beginner.html

Also, this guy has lots of great tips when it comes to cubing. He's awesome.
http://www.youtube.com/user/badmephisto?blend=1&ob=4

Leonid S. Sukhorukov
SloRacer1080  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't read through everything, but wondering if any of you guys have tried the Isis, or Ramisis?

and

http://www.isisadventure.com/
The game concept sounds really cool. When you get one (really fuckin expensive for a toy) you register it on the site, and they will actually give you a couple hints how to get it open, then you're on your own. When/if you do get it open, it has a 'key' inside that has another code that you enter in the site, and by the sounds of it... you get paid.

These are only the first 2 in a series of 5 puzzles. It all ends in 2012... odd coincedence i think not
They look stupid hard, but fun. But im not sure spending $150-$200 USD Make that ~$213 for Isis, and ~$270 for Ramisis... on one is worth it, especially if I may never solve it.

Last edited by SloRacer1080 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:14 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: SloRacer1080
Larshmallows  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like fun, but like you said, price is kinda..

Leonid S. Sukhorukov
The-Maverick-Kid  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can solve mine, my personal best is 119 seconds.
IikQ  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never pass Rubik's Cubes. -.-
Maybe I should buy 2x2, then going to FGFC. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IikQ wrote:
I never pass Rubik's Cubes. -.-
Maybe I should buy 2x2, then going to FGFC. ;)

Remember to use a good path.

Oh and squeeze the hell out of that little thing. Not too hard, it will fall apart and the pieces are very hard to put back together.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started cubing about 3 years back.. learned the 3x3 over a few weeks and managed to get my time down to 20-40 seconds.

After a year or so I bought a 4x4 and learned it pretty easily, then the 5x5 was even easier than the 4x4.

Since then I bought a 7x7 and managed to learn it overnight (higher cubes use the same methods of solving, just a few extra steps and things to worry about).

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I was a speedcuber back in the day. I learned all of f2l oll pll moves and still couldn't drop below 33.13 s. I was a jr in high school when I finally realized that it was a pointless talent. Still cool, but useless.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: