ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Playstation 3
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FinalityX  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:28 pm    Post subject: Playstation 3 Reply with quote

Hey,

I've just bought GH3 with 2 guitars of PS3. When I started the game I noticed it was way different than the pc version (which ive played a bit before).
My scores were way lower and I think it's cuz of some lag due to the wireless guitar.

If any other PS3 users experience the same problems or if someone has some information/help about this please let me know.

I'm considering of getting the PC version instead if it stays like this.
wildx213  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive heard that the ps3 version does often have lag, did you try calibrating?

Rice is great when you're hungry and you want 2,000 of something.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 184798243679
FinalityX  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wildx213 wrote:
ive heard that the ps3 version does often have lag, did you try calibrating?

calibrating?
Evilsoul  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, truely i've been playing on a PS3 since the first day GH3 came out... My friend on the other hand has a ps2... I noticed the layout was a little different and i think the precision needed is a little bit higher... Also the notes seem to appear more horizontally spread then normal... It makes it kinda harder to play... Most of my scores improve over 100,000+ when i play on the ps2 and on ps3 its a complete fail... I hope its not the same on GH:WT =[ if not im buying a wii so i can do the mii freestyle thing xDxD
elForeign  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, basically the GH3 game for PS3 is worthless shit. so congrats you and every other PS3 owner like me got ripped off, and was sold $100 worth of shit due to the laggy guitar.

Add me on PSN! just let me know you're from Scorehero!
PiemanLK  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elForeign wrote:
yeah, basically the GH3 game for PS3 is worthless shit. so congrats you and every other PS3 owner like me got ripped off, and was sold $100 worth of shit due to the laggy guitar.

Basically this. Every person I have heard that has had a PS3 guitar has said it had big lag to it. You COULD always use a TAC Converter, but that has drawbacks to it (no activating with G or O held down IIRC). Or, you could get GH for the best system, 360.
[quote=''youhas'']EDIT TO ADD: Hey, post #3000! Neat! I will eagerly anticipate my set of ScoreHero-branded steak knives within six to eight weeks.[/quote]
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PiemanXC
Faytal  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah you just get used to it. it means you can be ranked a lot higher with lower scores. oh well. i'm like 50 something on ps3
i actually won a gh3 competition tonight at blockbuster on a ps3; even though there was more lag than normal due to the hdtv..
Ad134  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PiemanLK wrote:
Or, you could get the best GH for the worst system, 360.

Fixed.

Anyways, yeah they screwed up the PS3 Wireless Reciever, and no amount of calibration will fix it (it's a variable lag, so there's no set latency). I believe they fixed it in GH:WT though, so you'll just have to wait for that for a decent guitar.

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only is there the tac adapter, there are also 3rd party ps3 guitars. I am using the blockhead grinder from best buy. it's start and select aren't placed very well, but otherwise a fantastic buy. It is also gh + rb, ps2 + ps3. So for people like me with both systems it's win win. There is also the niko frontman. All good options.

As for the wt guitar, we already know it works great for ps3. The scorehero staff got to play with wt, and they used a ps3 and said it worked great.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad134 wrote:
Anyways, yeah they screwed up the PS3 Wireless Reciever, and no amount of calibration will fix it (it's a variable lag, so there's no set latency). I believe they fixed it in GH:WT though, so you'll just have to wait for that for a decent guitar.

This, but to be honest, you'll get used to it, and it doesn't bother me THAT much anymore.

sorgenskammer  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually didn't believe it when people told me ps3 had a lag issue, but today on my break at work (Walmart) I decided to play the shitty GH3 demo that they still have up and fucking FCd Even Flow, which my best thus far is a freaking -10. The guitar they had didn't even have a strap because scumbags steal them all the time but I FCd it sightread right there and some 8 year old kid almost had a heart attack.
So yeah, pretty sure PS3 has problems, because that was on 360.

Can I submit that score?
Everything in GH2[ ] (PFO, Misirlou, and Six)
Finish Charting a Song [ ] (Almost done)
Master15  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorgenskammer wrote:
I actually didn't believe it when people told me ps3 had a lag issue, but today on my break at work (Walmart) I decided to play the shitty GH3 demo that they still have up and fucking FCd Even Flow, which my best thus far is a freaking -10. The guitar they had didn't even have a strap because scumbags steal them all the time but I FCd it sightread right there and some 8 year old kid almost had a heart attack.
So yeah, pretty sure PS3 has problems, because that was on 360.

Can I submit that score?

Dont think that is a sightread seeing that you usually get -10 on it. Other then that, I think you can post that score, under 360, not under PS3. And only if you remember the exact score.
thtredheadguy  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, PS3 GH3 lag sucks. It makes me want to punch babies...seriously, because I go play GH3 at my friend's house on his 360 and wow. I pwn on that.

I think they did fix it on GHWT though because I feel like I'm doing a lot better on it.

Also "lqtm" = laugh quietly to myself.
( ^ just in case I ever use that and people are like WTF??)
codemann8  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate that they don't make a wired guitar in a bundle. However, if you go to eBay/Froogle/Pricegrabber you can buy a wired PS3 guitar called ezJam. Buy it, its worth it, especially if you use the Select button to activate. TAC adapters don't allow you to activate when pressing green or orange, plus if you tilt activate, theres a 2 second lag. The guitars usually only $30.

The only problem is that the select button is located in a bad spot similar to the 360 xplorer guitar. Fortunately, I have manufactured a laser-cut piece of plastic that you can tape to your guitar to easily hit the select button with your wrist. The going rate would be $10 with FREE shipping given your in the 48 continental states. PM me if you're interested.

I really recommend it, check out my scores on GH:Aerosmith...it really gives you the edge on PS3, its my shared secret.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: codemann8 PSN Name: codemann8
some1important  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elForeign wrote:

i know what u mean... the ps3 les paul for gh3 is a worthless piece of shit....but i bought GHWT guitar bundle and that guitar works perfect.......i played striken with the new guitar (which i haven't played in months because the les paul sucks that bad) and increased my best score EVER (and i used to play that song all the time) by over 100k......coincidence or just a dam good guitar.......im also going through career and increasing my scores with it and only a few songs are giving me trouble to increase........but this new guitar doesn't drop notes, double strum, not strum, lag, or anything........only disadvante is the placement of the start button..............

True, they should start releasing DLC with an option to choose an easier version of the chart if you can't play expert.

Spikey wrote:

Hard?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: