Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drum problems? Download the Drum Tuning Kit from Red Octane
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so the first time I tried to calibrate it didn't do anything. I tried today (3 days later) and it worked for some reason. But it worked way too well and instead of not responding my hits are crosstalking like no other and no matter what I do the sensitivity won't go down. I set everything at 0 and it didn't do anything. I can hit the bottom left part of the legs of the drum set and my orange cymbal will go off.

I don't have the instructions...so can someone explain EXACTLY what I need to do to calibrate them? I'm hitting save and test all the time and unplugging and plugging the cable and trying different things but nothing is working at all. I'm in the music studio where you can play free-for-all. Help anyone?

EDIT: YES. I guess if you leave the drum tuning kit open too long it stops working? Who knows. I just restarted my 360 and the tuning program and it worked like a charm.

Last edited by HoorayItsMike on Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Hooray its Mike
Oilers83  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone know how to get this if you live outside the US? I live in Canada and the only options are for the states
Tiduspeco  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

minus wrote:
received my cable yesterday and it works like a champ! I followed the instructions to a T, and am no longer dropping my yellow cymbal when it's hit with the snare. Only downside to the whole thing is my wii is in the living room, but computer is in the office. had to move the computer into the living room so I could hear the tv!

How long did it take you to get your cable?
wells14  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It says I have to ask a question after I go through the steps is that what I'm suppose to do?

RockBand!
Expert Drums 245/264 140 5*s
Expert Guitar 260/263 201 5*s
GH3
Expert Guitar 39/42
Deschain  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, I thought I'd have to search for the thread that first had that link, but thank you for the sticky, Briguy. Once I have a working drum set, then I can work on becoming good at drums.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Deschain9 PSN Name: Deschain9
minus  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tiduspeco wrote:
minus wrote:
received my cable yesterday and it works like a champ! I followed the instructions to a T, and am no longer dropping my yellow cymbal when it's hit with the snare. Only downside to the whole thing is my wii is in the living room, but computer is in the office. had to move the computer into the living room so I could hear the tv!

How long did it take you to get your cable?

I had it within a week.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oilers83 wrote:
Anyone know how to get this if you live outside the US? I live in Canada and the only options are for the states

i live in canada and i got mine, so fill itanyay, you might get it !

on the other hand, my computer dont wanna tun that program. it install fine, but when i try to open it. then it says error failed to open properly

has this happened to anyone ?
kinda bug me since i cant calibrate it without my puter !
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Cabanon
bpruha  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need that USB to Midi cable sent to Australia, but their support site doesn't even list the sensitivity problem as an issue on the Australia section of the site, has everything else though.

Any suggestions?
If i purchased a cable over the counter is it likely to have the same features or will it be missing the hit indicator?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BroNutZ ICQ Number
tallgrant  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put up a request on Monday night (11/3). I got my shipping confirmation email today- its expected to arrive tomorrow (11/13).
N00b  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got a notification (finally) that my USB-Midi cable was shipped and that it would be here tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone had the same problem as me.

Both my red and green pads don't register unless hit in the center of the respective pads (about 1/4 the area of the entire pad). My yellow cymbal registers double hits when playing fast parts (such as Everlong).

If anyone had a similar problem with one or all of the pads, I would like to know which sensitivity levels seemed to work the best?
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My cable arrived today, two days after the email notice. I hooked it up and started tweaking it - what's nice is that you're in the Music Studio so you can easily see what's happening with your pads (for example: yellow crosstalk, or rolls not registering). After just a few minutes I found some good settings, but I think I still need to tweak down the cymbals just a little bit more to be at the perfect setup. Great success! </Borat>

N00b wrote:
Both my red and green pads don't register unless hit in the center of the respective pads (about 1/4 the area of the entire pad). My yellow cymbal registers double hits when playing fast parts (such as Everlong).

The PDF that you can also download with the software addresses these types of concerns. It would seem that you should turn up your red and green and turn down your yellow. Make changes (it updates it in real-time as soon as you change something) and then try playing in the Music Studio to see the results. For me, I turned my pads way up (like 17 or something) and my yellow down to 8, but I think my cymbals need to go down a little bit more to completely eliminate crosstalk. Good luck!

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
Leonax  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bpruha wrote:
I need that USB to Midi cable sent to Australia, but their support site doesn't even list the sensitivity problem as an issue on the Australia section of the site, has everything else though.

Any suggestions?
If i purchased a cable over the counter is it likely to have the same features or will it be missing the hit indicator?

I'd like to know this too.

Also, my snare worked out of the box, but my yellow cymbal had some issues. After three hours of play, the snare will no longer register at all. I've tried just lightly tapping it, and I've tried bashing the hell out of it. Would the sensitivity program remedy this, or is my pad just screwed?
Kinda sucks that Aussies have to shell out another 20 bucks for a cable after we spent around 300 bucks on their game. I'd be expecting compensation unless activision Australia starts offering free cables fast.
TTFAF 4*
Dragonforce DLC 4*
Top 1000 Scorehero
GingaNinja  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent mine in on...Sunday, and status hasn't changed from "In Process"
5* GHIII Hard [x]-Finally!
Enlightened Guitarist [7/20 Getting closer...]
El Jefe [ ]
Nuggets15  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ahhhhhhhhh where's the cable for Aussies? It's not like we dont need as much as everyone else

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone know it the tuner app works with other MIDI interfaces? Like me for instance, I have a X-FI soundcard with the front panel, and it has MIDI ports.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: