Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Drum problems? Download the Drum Tuning Kit from Red Octane
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MPTG  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the shipment costs me money??I'd assume not since it's their mistake but just to be safe since i'm shipping it all the way to Israel...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shipping is free.

It works alright for me. I turned my sensitivity for my red pad all the way down to 0 and the red pad still goes off when I hit other notes. Not as bad. maybe like 5 times per song before it was like 100 times per song. Before I wouldnt play the drums cause it was soo bad. Now its livable and time to rock out.
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ope wrote:
The instructions say two things that don't happen for me:
1. click the TEST button to ensure your device is working. This will trigger
all drum pads in the game and the LED on the USB MIDI Interface will flash.

The same thing happens to me. On my computer it recognizes the USB Audio Device, but it doesn't do anything in the game. I followed the instructions exactly as they are written. Has anyone else found a solution to this? I'm going to try again tomorrow....

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've read through the whole thread. I'd like a suggestion, if any of guys have one.

I'm currently on my second drum set (I took my first one back not long after I saw how bad the red snare was). At first I thought this set was okay, it certainly seemed better than my first one.

But after not even using them that much, (Drums is my least far career), I've really grown to dislike them. The worst part is that I can't seem to pinpoint all of its problems. In the recording studio, all I can tell is that sometimes I'll get the orange cymbal to activate when I hit the yellow cymbal. The red snare is also hardly sensitive at all on its left side; I have to hit it fairly hard for it to register on that part. I can't be sure if any of the other pads have problems as well, but for the most part they seem alright.

It's really fickle on when it messes up and when it doesn't. I can play some songs and they'll work close to perfectly; on others, generally harder ones, the multiplier drops about every few seconds. But I know that something has to be wrong. My brother got about 96-97% on Spiderwebs on Hard, and only got three stars. He was clearly doing well, but every couple of seconds I'd watch the multiplier drop off.

My brother has his own MIDI/USB cable, so we downloaded the program on his laptop and got the program to work and everything, but it didn't seem to do anything to affect the issue.

So, this is when I decided to ask you guys on what I should do next. All I want is a set of drums that play perfectly, and stay that way for at least a while. Here are the things that I'm considering:

Trying the MIDI again- We could give it another try, but I'm starting to think that this thing can't help me. Plus I'd hate to hassle myself with it or risk wasting more time on it.

Get RO's MIDI- Only difference is that it might just possibly work better, seeing as it has a light indicator and all. And if nothing else, FREE MIDI CABLE

Send it back- I'm sort of liking this option. I don't really mind if it's a long wait, as long as I get good drums back. Plus I feel that they sort of owe it to me seeing as they made the peripheral faulty.

Other than that- taking back the whole thing and getting Rock Band. There are just several benefits with GH that I might miss though, and I haven't tried out anything on RB 2 yet.

I'm thankful if anyone bothered reading this thing, and I apologize if this seems kind fo pointless, but I just figured since you guys have been working on fixing them already that you might know what to do better.

Thanks again.
LonLon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I emailed redoctane/activision and they said that unfortunately the free usb midi cable is not offered in our country

If I will buy USB Midi cable, will it work as an alternative to the cable being given by activision?
Nazza  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it will, i used my mates seperate cable and it worked fine.
oboewan  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LonLon wrote:
I emailed redoctane/activision and they said that unfortunately the free usb midi cable is not offered in our country

If I will buy USB Midi cable, will it work as an alternative to the cable being given by activision?

Yes, as long as the cable has two MIDI jacks. (One gameport-to-MIDI cable I used to have only had one)

The drum plugs into the MIDI OUT jack, not the MIDI IN jack.
eXcelon969  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is there any way using this app to adjust what note the controller sends to the game?

i'm using the ghwt controller with a roland kit for rock band and i dont like the yellow pad being cymbal during fills

can you remap this to tom1 and then get green to be crash instead of tom2?

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I'm going to look silly, but what is crosstalk? I assume it's when you hit one pad, another one registers, but I just wanted to make sure. I have that problem with my red pad. If I hit anything too hard, the red pad will hit too, thus breaking my combo. Will this fix this problem? I don't want to get it if I don't have to.
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishrocker wrote:
I know I'm going to look silly, but what is crosstalk? I assume it's when you hit one pad, another one registers, but I just wanted to make sure. I have that problem with my red pad. If I hit anything too hard, the red pad will hit too, thus breaking my combo. Will this fix this problem? I don't want to get it if I don't have to.

red pad cant hit another red pad

my yellow pad was hitting the red one as well, i dropped the red pad to 0 to make it work. you might try this.

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh ok. Yeah, I know the red can't hit red, I just thought you guys would know what I was talking about.

And, I'll try that thing now.
fishrocker  

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an email from them saying this...

Quote:
Please attach a scan, screenshot, or digital picture of the dated sales receipt with your response. The purchase date must be within 90 days of contacting us. Text will not do.

Once we receive the receipt, we'll send you the instructions for obtaining your free in-warranty tuning kit.

I got the drums for Christmas, and I just found out about this kit now. My parents probably don't have the receipt, and if they do, it's well over 90 days ago. Do I need the receipt?
GuitarGeek08  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cable is free, right? I dont have to pay anything at all to get it sent to my house (like shipping or something)?

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
XRocker13  

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fishrocker wrote:
I just got an email from them saying this...

Quote:
Please attach a scan, screenshot, or digital picture of the dated sales receipt with your response. The purchase date must be within 90 days of contacting us. Text will not do.

Once we receive the receipt, we'll send you the instructions for obtaining your free in-warranty tuning kit.

I got the drums for Christmas, and I just found out about this kit now. My parents probably don't have the receipt, and if they do, it's well over 90 days ago. Do I need the receipt?

i think thats BS. I got my GHWT kit yesterday for free (thanks prizerebel) and it is having crosstalk issues. If i hit the green, it sometimes doesnt register, or crosstalks with orange cymbal. I think RO is stupid beacause yea, ALL of us have the reciept for it just laying around!! NOT!!! i mean come on, i guess i have to buy my own cable...
You know, there was a time when none of us had "uber skills" and right now, this guy has no "uber skills", so why dont you use your "uber skills" and try to help him get "uber skills" and maybe someday he can use his "uber skills" to help people get "uber skills" INSTEAD OF TAKING A HUGE SHIT ON HIM ABOUT NOT HAVING "UBER SKILLS"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF7R9UwfLUM
DivineMaddness  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, where do I go to register for a usb cable? I went to ask a question like the website said but nothing really happened. What should I do?
Beat Lou on Expert [ ]
5* Hard [ ] RB
TTAFTF Xpert [X]
snowyporpoise wrote:
Haha one day well run out of songs. And then welll be playing "Never Gonna Give you Up" by Rick Astley in Guitar Hero 71.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: