ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
In-game Career vs Quickplay Score Tracking and Leaderboards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
someguy913  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: In-game Career vs Quickplay Score Tracking and Leaderboards Reply with quote

So, I've noticed after some testing that the scores you earn in Career mode and in Quickplay are tracked separately. In other words, if you get a high score on a song in Career it will not show as your high score on the song in Quickplay, and vice-versa. This next part is really more guesswork, but it seems to be true: it look like only scores obtained in Career mode will update to the XBL Career Leaderboards. I suppose in a nominal sense it's logical (Career mode updates to Career leaderboard), but I was quite disappointed to see that my Career score had not budged at all in 3 days after having amazing runs of a few songs in Quickplay.

If anyone could corroborate this theory, we might be able to save many people countless hours of work that would go unreported on the leaderboards.

I suppose this just proves once again that (once tracking goes live) Scorehero is the most reliable score database out there.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
Ellemennt75  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That kinda sucks someguy.... at the same time, it makes sense that they update that playlist that you played it in.

I guess people will have to start playing quickplay more because people are more likely to see that.

By the way.... How did you get so good?!?!? I'm jealous.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ellemennt75
EffectZ  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did the same thing man. I played Quickplay assuming my scores would carry over to Career, but then I find out later that your score in Quickplay only counts towards that individual song on the leaderboards. So it doesn't carry over to your Career score which is pretty weak.
CSL10137  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it's a good idea to separate the scores from Quickplay and Career.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Lombardi10137
anonymous_104  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So technically it's possible, if you added up all of your top scores, for them to be higher than your career score? That's just stupid. They need just recheck your top scores whenever you start your game up and update them and add them up to get your career score. I don't understand why they can't implement something like this.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azurite wrote:
It's the reverse too: I got like 60,000 more than the 1st place score on Beautiful Disaster a few days ago, and it STILL shows my score on *that song* as like, 150,000 below what score I got in career.

Shit though, that means that there's NO WAY to know what your top score was in career for a song unless you wrote it down I skipped doing good on some songs since I thought I could just go back in quickplay and fix it, but I guess not...
When you scroll through the setlist, you see the score for each song. (Though you can't see the score of all the songs at once).

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a good idea to separate the quickplay scores from your career scores, that's just my opinion.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: P0PRICH PSN Name: POPRICH
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, are you sure? If so, I guess just use the create-your-own setlist in career mode?

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:
OMG it's called scorehero not shitty argument hero.

Author for RockGamer Studios
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
tordana  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GurnKiller wrote:
Hmm, are you sure? If so, I guess just use the create-your-own setlist in career mode?

That's what I do.

When has quickplay EVER affected your career score? I'm pretty sure NEVER. I know it didn't in GH3... I don't see what the fuss is about.

Someguy: I'm coming for you! 31 million drums career score and counting.

Who am I kidding I'll never get there, but can at least try lol
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tordana wrote:
GurnKiller wrote:

That's what I do.

When has quickplay EVER affected your career score? I'm pretty sure NEVER. I know it didn't in GH3... I don't see what the fuss is about.

Someguy: I'm coming for you! 31 million drums career score and counting.

Who am I kidding I'll never get there, but can at least try lol

Ugh... all this time I've just been doing quickplay! I guess that explains my ~16 mill career score vs my 33+ self-tracking spreadsheet!

Proud Carungiist - If you are a Carungiist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Carungiists are on ScoreHero!
yakityyakblah wrote:

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: GurnKiller
GurnKiller  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just posted this in misc discussion:
http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81922

yakityyakblah wrote:

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: