ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Height of World Tor Drum Kit?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mack31  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:09 am    Post subject: Height of World Tor Drum Kit? Reply with quote

I don't know if the RB kit had a height adjustment, but I was wondering if there is any indication of how high you set should be. I think mine's a little too low since my back gets sore from I believe hunching over. In contrast, I don't want the kit too high where it's affecting my accuracy. Any suggestions?
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well everyone has their own perfect height that works best for them. My back gets kind of achy when I play for a long time, too, and I'm pretty sure that's not a good thing. Just kind of adjust the set so that when you are sitting up straight everything feels the most comfortable it can feel. It may feel awkward but I think overall it will help your posture and help you become a better drummers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The drumset doesn't even go high enough for me. When I know I'll be playing for a long time I gather a bunch of books to raise it up a few inches, but it's a pain in the ass. The cymbals should be able to be raised higher too.

Actually I'm exteremely dissapointed with the drumset all together. I hope they develop an entirely new one.
Everything in GH2[ ] (PFO, Misirlou, and Six)
Finish Charting a Song [ ] (Almost done)
Whitt333  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorgenskammer wrote:
The drumset doesn't even go high enough for me. When I know I'll be playing for a long time I gather a bunch of books to raise it up a few inches, but it's a pain in the ass. The cymbals should be able to be raised higher too.

Actually I'm exteremely dissapointed with the drumset all together. I hope they develop an entirely new one.

I actually have the cymbals as low as they can go . But I don't care if they develop a new one or not, unless all of a sudden all my plastic guitars / drums break I'm not going to buy any more.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whitt333 wrote:

I actually have the cymbals as low as they can go . But I don't care if they develop a new one or not, unless all of a sudden all my plastic guitars / drums break I'm not going to buy any more.

Same here...I don't understand how someone can honestly play better with them way up top. Especially on songs like Everlong. I mean don't get me wrong it may be more fun for people that way and it may just "feel" right, but it's hard for me to believe that people can honestly play overall better with high up cymbals.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A good setup is to set the drum set out to where you can comfortably hit the pads without reaching too far or bending your elbows uncomfortably. Set your pad height to where you have to reach very slightly down to comfortably hit the pads. Then set the yellow cymbal a couple of inches above the pads and turn it a bit to the right (to where it's slightly closer to the red pad to make 16th note hats easier). Set the orange cymbal an inch higher than the yellow cymbal and don't turn it (unless it crosstalks). After this, set the bass pedal under the blue pad, maybe an inch off center toward your dominant hand. Once you have it set up like this, simply make minor adjustments to preference. I personally like my orange cymbal very high and yellow very low.

NOTE: I don't own the game, and I've only played it once, but these are a combination of basic setup for the RB drums and basic setup for real drums. I changed it around a bit to match the pad setup in the WT set, so it should be very easy to get used to.

toblin597  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How low can it get? Or can you dissasemble it easily? (just wonder if I can store it under my desk)

Speaking of TTFAF:
electronvtec  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not totally sure about height at its lowest point but I would guestimate that the pads are about 2 feet off the ground at the set's lowest height setting.

The pads separate from the base very easily but the pad section itself is pretty bulky for storing under most desks that I know of. HTH.
Colgrave  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct me if I'm wrong but you can only raise the cymbals a few inches? That's what I've heard.
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colgrave wrote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but you can only raise the cymbals a few inches? That's what I've heard.

That's correct. They don't raise by much. I actually wanted them higher but now I am used to where they are at. The layout of them feels great when you get used to it. Granted, i didn't play RB drums for a year beforehand. I have played both sets about the same amount though, and I like the WT ones better. They have great bounce.
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Vampyromaniacal
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: