ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
the "Average" Scorehero player
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YetiPirate  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: the "Average" Scorehero player Reply with quote

does anyone have any data on the average player?
not like a general guess.
but like some straight up data.

or like an average score for every song?

if not...
that would be a pretty nifty thing to have.

GH2X-4 S9
Season Points Winner

Last edited by YetiPirate on Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: AngryYetiPirate
mac081793  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much someone who can five star most songs. And they have a nice handful of FC's.

I'm kinda pretty below SH standards.
inv4der  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mac081793 wrote:
Pretty much someone who can five star most songs. And they have a nice handful of FC's.

Once I processed what you actually said, I'd have to agree. And they generally have beaten two or more of the "impossible" songs at least once.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

inv4der wrote:
mac081793 wrote:

Once I processed what you actually said, I'd have to agree. And they generally have beaten two or more of the "impossible" songs at least once.

There are only two impossible (in terms of being thought to be un-FCable; yes I made that word up) songs though?

TTFAF and Jordan

Unless, you are including last tier songs such as Hangar 18, One, Raining Blood, and Free Bird (this is not including the new WT songs.)

...and Train Kept A Rollin' for those Aerosmith fans...
dumoss365  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JRL1053 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
mac081793 wrote:

There are only two impossible (in terms of being thought to be un-FCable; yes I made that word up) songs though?

TTFAF and Jordan

Unless, you are including last tier songs such as Hangar 18, One, Raining Blood, and Free Bird (this is not including the new WT songs.)

You didn't make un-FCable up. TTFAF and Jordan are not impossible.

On topic: I would have to agree with Mac. Someone who has 5*s on all or close to all songs and around 10-20 FCs would be considered average around here IMO.
Once upon a midnight dreary, while I pron surfed, weak and weary,O'er many a strange and spurious site of'Hot XXX Galore.' While I clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning,And my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my free hardcore "'Tis not possible!", I muttered, "Give me back my free hardcore!"..... Quoth the server, 404.
Acc Thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=88612
Gamertag: mertensmx365
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: mertensmx365
JRL1053  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dumoss365 wrote:
JRL1053 wrote:
inv4der wrote:
mac081793 wrote:

TTFAF and Jordan

You didn't make un-FCable up. TTFAF and Jordan are not impossible.

On topic: I would have to agree with Mac. Someone who has 5*s on all or close to all songs and around 10-20 FCs would be considered average around here IMO.

Well, I've never heard that word before. Whatever, you know what I mean. I know they've both been FC'ed but they were the truly impossible songs.

Anyways, SH quality is not only by raw statistics, it is a passion you have for the game. Many people here play on hard, yet I consider them SH'ers just as much as iamchris, Jprez, Hell Ashes, and all of the other legends.
g0dly  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldnt say that i know any actual data, but i would say that sh average is a player that can five star the first 6 tiers on expert. i am just saying that based on the scores that i see when i check out the front page. it'd be pretty hard to check everybody's scores because most of us don't input our best scores, and for that matter, most of us don't input scores for most of the songs.
Mogwai  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have all the numbers ready (and I'm not going to prepare them, because it'd take quite a while), but it wouldn't be hard to figure out the statistics you're looking for.

Just look at the total scores entered on each song, and then find the one in the middle, I suppose.

With that obvious solution being said, I'll add a little more specific information.

Your average player has FC'd the following songs (saying that 50% + of entered scores are FCs) Note:Expert Mode Only

1 Closer 70.02%
2 Dream Police 58.04%
3 Metal Heavy Lady 55.61%
4 Hey 53.24%
5 When You Were Young 52.35%
6 Dream On 51.40%
7 Generation Rock 51.26%
8 Radio Song 50.52%
9 Sabotage 50.18%
10 Mississippi Queen 50.02%

Hm. So according to this the average player has 10 FCs total across all games.. Which seems wrong in plenty of ways. I'd guess it's likely 15-25 (but had you asked before these statistics were noticed by me, I'd have said a higher number)

Also, it seems the average player has 5*'d most songs. I'm not sure on some, though. Songs the "average player" hasn't FC'd being obvious ones like TTFaF. I'm curious about Raining Blood, though. I really dunno about that one.
Check out some of my guides:
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
I try to make electronic music: Http://www.myspace.com/soundteq
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's statistics/data you're looking for, take a look at the FC Statistics. There is no data on 5, 6, 7 stars, but I would say the average Scorehero player could at least get a few FCs.
CaptainKirk666  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If what you're saying is correct, then I must be an above-average ScoreHero person? lolwhut? I've only posted a few scores on the Rock Band 2 side so I guess I'm flying under the radar?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainKirk666 wrote:
If what you're saying is correct, then I must be an above-average ScoreHero person? lolwhut? I've only posted a few scores on the Rock Band 2 side so I guess I'm flying under the radar?

Yeah, according to the stuff I wrote above.. I'm well above average (49 FCs on Expert between GHII/GHIII... And there are 18 more I keep meaning to get to, but don't feel like it >.>).. And I've five starred all of the songs in the series.

But still, I feel like I'm under average >.>
Guide To Rasing SH Score Rank - http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
CaptainKirk666  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mogwai wrote:
CaptainKirk666 wrote:

Yeah, according to the stuff I wrote above.. I'm well above average (49 FCs on Expert between GHII/GHIII... And there are 18 more I keep meaning to get to, but don't feel like it >.>).. And I've five starred all of the songs in the series.

Same, it's only because no one really cares who you are unless your "That guy who FC'ed TTFAF." or "That guy who FC'ed One."

It's cool when one of us goes out on the street or something and regular people are like "DUDE OMG THIS GUY IS GOD!" I had a kid tell me that I was the best Guitar Hero player ever once, I told him "Dude, there's probably 200 or so people out there that can wipe the floor with me..."

200 is an estimate by the way.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainKirk666 wrote:
I had a kid tell me that I was the best Guitar Hero player ever once

I get that all the time and I can't even beat TTFAF. Haha They're like "You play expert?!?!?!? OMG HAX!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainKirk666 wrote:
Mogwai wrote:
CaptainKirk666 wrote:

Same, it's only because no one really cares who you are unless your "That guy who FC'ed TTFAF." or "That guy who FC'ed One."

It's cool when one of us goes out on the street or something and regular people are like "DUDE OMG THIS GUY IS GOD!" I had a kid tell me that I was the best Guitar Hero player ever once, I told him "Dude, there's probably 200 or so people out there that can wipe the floor with me..."

200 is an estimate by the way.

Wow dude. 200 is pretty damn good, even if it isn't an estimate. I think most people would tear me up on GHIII (hell, I can play okay, but I don't even know ANY paths).. But eh, get me on GHII and I'll do a bit better.

I guess most people feel average with the lack of recognition for their personal achievements. But eh, I guess it makes sense that people don't get hyped when some random guy FCs a song that's already been FC'd a hundred times.. But eh..
Almost 60 GH5 XFCs
Erimgard  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming the GH3 expert overall leaderboard is an accurate (which it isn't) cross section of score hero aptitude, and the fact that there are 20,127 users with submitted scores, then this user is an average score hero'er.

I think you guys are getting your ideas of 'average' based on what people post, and I don't think many people are vocal about their scores until they feel they are at least worthy of posting a topic.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Erimgard Wii Friend Code: 390958806486
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: