ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero World Tour Score Tracking is Live!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:36 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero World Tour Score Tracking is Live! Reply with quote

After a grueling (for some) 10-day wait after the US launch, ScoreHero's score tracking is live for Guitar Hero World Tour!

The system is a completely new design that combines the best from the GH system (cross-platform ranks), and the RB system (multiple leaderboards by instruments).

We've also added the flexibility to have more than one way to group songs into tiers, and each tier will each earn its own platform-specific and global rank. This means you'll have more ways to group and rank your scores than ever before! On top of that, I've developed a new method to update and cache rankings which should guarantee data integrity and perform significantly better than current methods.

A few things to note that may be different/confusing at first:
  • Teams are shared between Rock Band and Guitar Hero World Tour, but GH co-op teams (for GH2, GH3, GH80s and GHA) are separate. Every member upon registration is given 10 free slots for use in GHWT and/or RB. Additional slots may be obtained from the Store page for 5 contribution points apiece.

• You don't need to register a team to submit multiplayer scores; there's an "Anonymous" selection which you may use to link multiplayer scores to yourself. However, there's only one profile for Anonymous, whereas each registered team would have its own separate scoretracking profile.

• Leaderboards are divided up based on the instruments involved, and highest difficulty amongst the parts. This is the same as the ScoreHero Rock Band leaderboards for those of you familiar.

• You will notice on the Manage/Browse/Top Scores pages, a new menu option for "Group By". This allows you to change the way that songs are grouped into tiers and see ranks and totals for different groupings. Right now the only tier groups defined are the gigs for solo instruments or band career mode in-game. This allows you to see drum-gig tier rankings for your guitar scores, or any other possible combination. Eventually these career groups may be condensed to a single "Career" option with other groupings possible such as Artist, Genre, Decade, etc.
Still to come:
  • DLC support
  • Wiki game/song pages for star-power path discussion
  • Compare Users
  • Song Stats with ratings cutoffs proving/tracking abilities, and potentially extended ratings (depending on many unknowns right now)
  • An improved instrument-selection interface; the 2-part and 3-part selections are a bit ugly right now.
  • Many other fun things
Now many of you may be wondering why this took so long after release, and why I couldn't have worked on it long beforehand. As mentioned above, this was a totally new design that depended on knowledge from the game that wasn't completely known by us until just a few days prior to release. Once we confirmed how tier groupings were defined in game, I finalized the database design and have worked non-stop (aside from limited eating/sleeping) until now.

The entire system has been designed, implemented, and tested in under two weeks from start-to-finish, so I hope that you can understand the delay. I'm so relieved this is done as I can finally leave this computer screen and enjoy GHWT myself!

As always with something this huge, despite the testing that the rest of the staff and I have done the past several days, there will be bugs. So if you notice anything incorrect or behaving strangely, just let us know and we'll get things resolved as soon as we can.

Thanks for your patience, and enjoy!

Last edited by JCirri on Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:55 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Yarukinasu  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey nice!!!
I still don't have this game....
But I like this
JCirri  

Apparently the songs aren't there yet, gimme a sec.

I'd like to thank you JC for how much hard work you've put into this. I know it led to a lot of sleepness nights (and afternoons in your case :p) for you, and it's honestly quite the marvel that you pulled this entire thing together from concept to fully functional in under two weeks. I can't even imagine how much of a pain it was going through all those bugs that kept getting pointed out and fixing them...

This is the sexiest scoretracking available though! Beautiful as always, but all the subtle touches make it just that more awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Thank you for your hard work JCirri! I and many others certainly appreciate it. ^_^

/me scurries off to post scores

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, JC!!
Tempest  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We love JC <3

Excellent work JC. Now go take a break and actually sleep!

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
toymachine  

I can only imagine the hell vocals and drums were for you JC.

Great Work!!
Sanctified09  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your hard work JC and all the mods......
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Hands JCirri a cup of coffee* (Piso will get this. :P)

A job fucking well done my friend. I couldn't imagine how much work needed to be put into this to have it completed.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
munkyzero  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now I can actually see how much further ahead everyone else is than me... >_>

But yeah, great that this is finally up.
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
*Hands JCirri a cup of coffee* (Piso will get this. :P)

No dude! That'll burn him! (Piso will get this too :P)

And JC, thank you for your constant hard work for the bettering of ScoreHero... And JC2012 mirite?

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
DC5039  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo thanks JC and all the mods who helped out! Now it will be ready to go for the Aus Release
sscotth  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by sscotth on Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:50 am; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: XxTrEmExScotTxX
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: