Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
PS2 online
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
schroeder  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: PS2 online Reply with quote

i need help with the setup crap for ps2 online so if u can help me thanks

schroeder_malfunction@hotmail.com add me on msn to help me

ps. and my dumb friend wont wake up to help me =\

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mine was a pain in the baws to get online

the setup failed, but i could still connect...i didnt know this til about 2 weeks after
schroeder  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i c

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ah thanks for the help lol i jsu tput in the game and started playing online =D stupid setup disk

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey you guys have PS2 online what games do you play online?

because i play PS2 Online alot
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
schroeder  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have CoD thats it.. getting Socom 2 soon i wanan get killzone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Killzone's online is rediculous. I went on once and I had to move all these things on my card around because it needed 3000K for the patch. And when I got on I went like 3 and 20. I walk into a room and get pelted with a grenade launcher. I guess I either went into a game with a bunch of proffessionals, I suck at the game competitively, or the only people that play it online still are really hardcore fans.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. well i still want killzone =D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schroeder wrote:
ah thanks for the help lol i jsu tput in the game and started playing online =D stupid setup disk

haha, no worries

I downloaded Amplitude songs and played Tony Hawk games

I was a major THUG skater back in the day
Hellion42  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaximusDM wrote:
Killzone's online is rediculous. I went on once and I had to move all these things on my card around because it needed 3000K for the patch. And when I got on I went like 3 and 20. I walk into a room and get pelted with a grenade launcher. I guess I either went into a game with a bunch of proffessionals, I suck at the game competitively, or the only people that play it online still are really hardcore fans.

Or they cheat/cheese/etc. That's one of my major beefs with online gaming... the small but determined group of people that refuse to play a game as is, and instead exploit everything they possibly can for the almighty win. (And if that doesn't work, a disconnect will do. ) It's just not worth it most of the time.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, like I said you needed 3000k on the memory card because it is a patch. Like SOCOM II and 3, you need 3000k in order to download the latest patch. Also the game has DNAS which is what scans for hacking and cheating devices, only earlier games didn't have it until they realised that gameshark worked over the internet and made gameplay unfair.

I mean, there will always be CodeMajik which is a home-made cheating device which gets through the DNAS because I suppose it wasn't built into its programing but I don't think all that many people have it. I just remember it being on Ebay a while ago, not sure if it is still up there. It came about when SOCOM II came out. Seen people hacking on SOCOM II like 10 times in my life so it isn't all that common.

Oh and there is also cord pulling which was common in SOCOM which would made you lag horriblely on everyone elses screen while you were fine on yours and it would easy to rack up kills when they couldn't hit you. No idea if that works on Killzone but there is probably some method of doing that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, the cord-pulling and stuff is what I meant mostly... not necessarily just cheat devices (not sure where you were going with the patch thing, not directed to me maybe?). I spent a crapload of time playing NFL 2K5 (DNAS compatible) a couple years back, and there were several bugs/quirks/glitches/etc (not to mention simply using a turbo controller) that, if exploited, made it next to impossible to play a straight game. There was even a way to pull that left your record untouched and stuck the other guy with a loss (it would show that HE lost connection). It got to a point where you were hard-pressed to find an opponent that didn't try to cheese his way through a game. While these were flaws with the game and not the online itself, the fact is that there will always be asswipes who will swear up and down that their wang grows an inch every time they win an online match, and go all-out to make sure they have the biggest even if that means manipulating the game code in their favor as opposed to actually playing the game as it was intended. It's the same with Mario Kart DS: you snake or you lose. I'm dreading the day when my beloved Advance Wars goes online... I know it won't be long till someone figures out a way to cheat the system, or wastes an hour of my time in a heated match and then pulls when he's about to lose.

Doesn't matter what game it is... until they perfect gaming technology (and I'm not holding my breath on that one) there will always be mental midgets whose life consists of getting dropped off by the short bus, chugging some Yoo-Hoo, and sitting down at Game X while cheating like mad to make up for whatever other deficiencies they may have. When you're sitting by yourself that's all well and good (if a bit boring), but once it's brought online it's just another way for the few to ruin something for the many.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone here play star wars battlefront 2 online?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
schroeder  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow thats pretty gay about the cord pulling...

and i dont play star wars battlefront 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just dont play my ps2 online. Last game for me was Mortal Kombat Deception, some dude kept going the same guy doing the same move over and over, so I went Baraka and I was called a hacker and a cheater, i said he kept going the same guy doing the same thing and he called me a whining noob?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: