Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
So like... I cliked on this banner... and <_<
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:25 am    Post subject: So like... I cliked on this banner... and <_< Reply with quote

http://www.guitarpraise.com/ecard/v1.php

Two things I liked about this:
Lyrics are displayed while you play
Different guitars have different effects

kk, I like these two features. The whole vocals thing in full band has always kinda annoyed me... It is the reason the game becomes unbalanced in 4 player mode. There are great songs out there with little or no vocals, which have excellent guitar and drum tracks. Because they have little or no vocals, we can't have them anymore. And to add songs that focus on vocals, there are tons of songs where you are practically reduced to play rhythm guitar instead of lead.

Also, there are some songs that I like to sing along with. But I can't, because I have to hit all the pitches right, which is damn near impossible without singing like an alter boy. Plus the words are all small and way up at the top of the screen... Difficult to play guitar and sing at the same time.

This game has vocals at a more causal level. They are displayed in large letters so it's easy to see them, and it looks pretty easy to play and sing at the same time. I think this is a better take on vocals then adding it into the game play, as more players are inclined (I believe) to "dabble" in singing, and focus on one of the instruments. Especially since the instruments to highway is a more direct translation, where vocals, pitch, octave, and a dot + line highway works more like black magic.

Different guitars in game for gh and rb have absolutely no difference when played. For some reasons, this is good, for others bad. I have speculated on gameplay differences for unlockable guitars for some time, but ultimately feel it's best to keep a rhythm game just that, a rhythm game.

However, I do think that it would be cool if the different guitars had different effects for the wammy bar and starpower activations. The fun thing about the wammy bar is that it does give you some control over the sound (thus enhancing the connection between player and game, suspending reality). I think increasing this to include some customizations for the guitar (at least as far as wammy and starpower sections go, perhaps with touch pad, another option is opened) sound while playing would help make this a stronger connection.

I know rock band did their 5 sound selector switch. I only played rb on ps2 though, and it never had any effect. So i don't know how well those sounded. But that is on the right course for what i am suggesting. So when you throw out starpower, or wammy some sustains, it's effects you are choosing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

erm... was that a joke or something? Guitar Praise doesn't have any vocals...

EDIT: well, it shows you the lyrics, but you don't scoreany points for it. It's just so all your Christian friends can sing along.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:59 pm    Post subject: Re: So like... I cliked on this banner... and <_< Reply with quote

Grimnir wrote:
I know rock band did their 5 sound selector switch. I only played rb on ps2 though, and it never had any effect. So i don't know how well those sounded.

On Rock Band on PS2, all of the effects were some sort of delay effect. I believe it was Long Echo, Short Echo, Doubler, and Slapback Echo. This is due to the PS2's processing power, since these effects are easier to do than the 360 and PS3's effects of Echo, Chorus, Flanger, and Wah-wah. I pretty much use Long Echo the most, and occasionally will use Slapback Echo for some solos, or Doubler for chord-heavy parts. However, on Track Pack 1 the effects are more similar to the 360 and PS3 (I can't recall the exact list, I've only played through it on guitar once or twice). I don't know what Track Pack 2 offers, since the Best Buy on the way home from work can't find the box with the game in it I'm pretty sure on RB2 that the Bass has different effects as well (I know there is Distortion but I don't play enough bass to recall the others).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That looks pretty lame if you ask me.

I mean we have circles, rectangles, dots, little ankh things, and now triangles too...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, Guitar Praise? Is this serious or a joke?
straty  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its serious, i saw it in a store.

Instead of getting World Tour for Christmas, get Guitar Praise lol.

I want customs for it lol.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: straty1899
RockBand-Hero  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol yeah im gonna buy it! no way in hell...

that looks soooo lame and its 98% copy of guitar hero

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockBand-Hero wrote:
lol yeah im gonna buy it! no way in hell...

Anyone else catch this pun?
Fatsally93  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

God wrote:
You get 5 sins taken off of your record if you buy it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainKirk666 wrote:

I mean we have circles, rectangles, dots, little ankh things, and now triangles too...

Where do we have Ankhs?

Unless there's an Egyptian version of Guitar Praise that I'm not familiar with. Although I don't know too many bands that are all about praising Horus.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

straty wrote:
I want customs for it lol.

SIX! SIX! SIX! THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it looks like somebody is trying to sell frets on fire for $99
by just changing the marker things to triangles
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: frenchfry290
xXPennyPackerXx  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trust me, Guitar Praise can make their game as great as they want, be it graphics, funness of songs, cool guitars, but it won't matter.

Just the way our society is today, no one will buy it because it's religious. Now not no one; a select few will buy it cuzz they don't care, but these days, buying a religious game is seen as dumb for some reason. A reason I wouldn't know.

My Thread

** Proud drummer of 2 years
and reeltar player of 5 years **
inv4der  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xXPennyPackerXx wrote:
Trust me, Guitar Praise can make their game as great as they want, be it graphics, funness of songs, cool guitars, but it won't matter.

Just the way our society is today, no one will buy it because it's religious. Now not no one; a select few will buy it cuzz they don't care, but these days, buying a religious game is seen as dumb for some reason. A reason I wouldn't know.

Gott ist tot!

No, but really, modern society has so many religions interacting, and I think if you were Christian, but you had say, a Buddhist friend and Atheistic friend at your house, you wouldn't play a game that has only overtly Christian rock songs and bands, because of the disrespect that that shows to them, intentional or not. As well as the fact that it's a terrible looking game that cashes in on the guitar game concept without actually adding anything.

And now that I think about it, they'd probably ask you why you don't have Rock Band, and if they could play that instead, and proceed to play The Number of the Beast and NIB.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how good that controller is and as for the christian theme, they definitely spend more on advertising and crap than the game because it looks like crap lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: