ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Paint Tutorial??

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hackelmania13  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Paint Tutorial?? Reply with quote

There seems to be a growing number of topic people make that almost always involve on of these things:

1. What's the best paint to use?
2. What should my painting process be?
3. How do I take apart my SG without losing anything?
4. I'm putting my SG back together but *name of piece* is messed up....

...stuff like that in general.

I'm just wondering if maybe some kind soul out there who wouldn't mind, would take the time to possibly create a FAQ/tutorial on "how to paint your SG" basically. I think it would be very helpful for all the curious/confused people out there who need answers..

Anybody?
Awarded to the competiters with the lowest ever score differential in a single play-off bracket. During the semi-finals of the Season 3 playoffs, Hackelmania defeated NineInchNails by 1 point (284,654 vs 284,653) on Rock This Town (Hard) to advance to the finals.
Polly  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

havet thought of it actually. also talked with riz about it, and if it turns out good he'll have it sticked.

so guess we begin then.

anyone could of course fill me in if i miss something (wich i probably will )
Polly  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Painting FAQ:

1. What kind of paint should i use?
The best paint to use is probably some kind of krylon or acrylic paint/coating, but any paint for plastic products should do just fine.

2. What should my painting process be?
first of all, take the SG apart (you do not want to get paint on the circuit-boards!), see p. 3. Then, sand the parts you plan on to paint, about 300-400's paper should do the work, wet sand if possible.
Prime the part(s) with plastic primer about 2-3 layers, important is to let each layer dry before you apply another.
Time for first layer of paint. Read the instructions on the spraycan, but in general you could say that the first layer should be VERY thin, oyu should be able to clearly see the primer through the first layer of paint. The second layer could be a little thicker though, but don't rush, make a lot of thin layers of paint instead of one thick. And again, let dry between each layer.
Then clear coat in many layers, the same process as for the paint, except you use clear coating instead
reassemble and rock!

3. How to take my SG apart without losing anything?
The first time you do it, be careful and use a digital camera or something to document your process, you can reassemble the parts much easier if you know how they were before the dismount. PM me for pictures if you have problems with a specific part.

4. I'm putting my SG back together but *name of piece* i messed up...
This question is hard to answer because it totally depends on wich part we're talking about. if there is problems, ask someone who has knowledge in that specific part.

if there are more things you think should be included, put it up in the forum and i add it to the FAQ.

over and out.
GTJem  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that the Guitar hero forums are back up, you can check out my painting guide

http://forum.guitarherogame.com/Default.aspx?g=posts&t=3982

It is now three pages long, and has lots of good info. If you have any other questions just ask, I've painted everything from toys to cars over the last 20 years.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website PSN Name: RedRocker63
Polly  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, your post wast quite more informative than mine, so just follow the link from now, before you ask anything
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: