ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S10 - GHWT Bass - Expert Leagues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InflatablePie  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did I have to post, "I hope Hollywood Nights won't be a song"? Sorry, guys. ._.

Float On for Bass and Guitar Leagues. Hm. And Vinternoll2 seems pretty fun. Santeria is very fun on Bass.

Good luck this week.

[E] Woah, 28/33? I really have to work on Bass this week.
PiemanLK wrote:
Eastwinn wrote:
Right, but if you had the chocolate bar in your heart all along, no one would need to work. Did consider that?

If you have a chocolate bar in your heart I suggest seeking medical attention.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: UmbraPie Wii Friend Code: 0518680564637417
CaptainKirk666  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thebmw wrote:

What I really want to know is how some people are getting a few extra thousand on my Hollywood Nights score. I mean, I can get some extra points out of some scales, but that much? Seriously?!

Yeah...

Yesterday I was 1ST but people are starting to find better paths than mine, I really don't know how but it's happening.

I mean the song's a bitch to FC as it is.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was scared of Hollywood Nights after reading everyone's post (had never played it on bass before..), but it's the song I enjoyed playing the most this week I just alt-strum the whole thing though lol.. way easier

Hopefully not too many people will squeeze the hell out of this My path is random (I don't path actually!), but I played the song many times, so I probably found a good one... I know it can be improved though, but it's hard

Hm.. and a question.... is a open note worth the same amount of points as a normal note? >_>

Good luck everyone for round 2!

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
pashumba  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilirock wrote:
Hm.. and a question.... is a open note worth the same amount of points as a normal note? >_>

yeah, open notes are 50 points each just like all other single notes.

on another note, i have the optimal path for hollywood nights, but executing it with squeezes is hard... haven't actually FC'd it yet (though i've only played it 5 times this week) with the path i made because of trying to squeeze so much, but hopefully i can get at least 200 under my predicted optimal score... would be awesome to have

CaptainKirk666  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

pashumba wrote:
lilirock wrote:

on another note, i have the optimal path for hollywood nights, but executing it with squeezes is hard... haven't actually FC'd it yet (though i've only played it 5 times this week) with the path i made because of trying to squeeze so much, but hopefully i can get at least 200 under my predicted optimal score... would be awesome to have

This is probably asking for a lot, but after this week could I see your path and compare it to mine?

I was 1ST in Hollywood Nights yesterday but this morning, lilirock beat that score. I tried a better path but ended up getting less points that I got on my first FC.

Now I really can't see how I got that last score I got...it was probably luck.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainKirk666 wrote:
pashumba wrote:
lilirock wrote:

This is probably asking for a lot, but after this week could I see your path and compare it to mine?

I was 1ST in Hollywood Nights yesterday but this morning, lilirock beat that score. I tried a better path but ended up getting less points that I got on my first FC.

Thanks for the info pashumba! Can't wait to know you're predicted optimal score XD Btw highest score on XBL (not mine) is 327450..

And sorry CaptainKirk I didn't path or calculate anything though... I just played the song many times, and tried to guess.. I could get more, but I'm not sure I'll want to try lol >_>

Also, I think I shouldn't play signed on XBL from now on, everyone can try and beat my previous scores..

tidus wrote: I really thought about you and your sexy calm fretting!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: PMS lilirock
malictus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a tip to FC'ing Hollywood Nights --- strum EVERY NOTE. Even all the HOPO's. Once I did that it was easy.

I'm pretty excited about this week's songs and my scores; I think I'm done, although there is another easy +200 in Hollywood Nights I could go back and get if I have time another day...
CaptainKirk666  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

malictus wrote:
Here's a tip to FC'ing Hollywood Nights --- strum EVERY NOTE. Even all the HOPO's. Once I did that it was easy.

I'm pretty excited about this week's songs and my scores; I think I'm done, although there is another easy +200 in Hollywood Nights I could go back and get if I have time another day...

Yeah with that song you think you're done, but you're not. I still have to do another few runs with that song and PoS (Guitar).

Other than that, pretty good week!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also have a path for Hollywood Nights that I am almost positive is close to optimal and I plan on posting it as well once this week is over so we all can share our paths and come up with optimal.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptainKirk666 wrote:
pashumba wrote:

yeah, sure thing, i already have the visual all made out and everything for my own reference, and i plan on posting it at the end of the week, so check the bass sp topic after this week and i'll have it posted

and btw you're welcome lili

edit: OH YEAH just made my week awesome in relation to leagues, you'll find out later if you're interested

malictus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just when I think I have the best Hollywood Nights path, I find another tweak to yield yet more points. I'm 99.9% sure I know the optimal path now (although I haven't actually pulled it off myself); it'll be interesting to compare paths this weekend!
pashumba  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since people were asking for it, i figured i may as well post my hollywood nights path here as well as in the bass sp thread here on scorehero

hollywood nights bass path

got me 328,350 with all the double squeezes hit (including the middle squeeze too, which is surprisingly harder than it looks), which is optimal with this path and i'm 99% sure is optimal for the song

i've tried tons of variations of this path and have yet to find a better one, so i'm pretty sure i have optimal here

Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is actually the exact same path I came up with, Pashumba. I just couldn't be bothered to FC the song more than one time.

I'm quite happy with my scores for the week.

Vinternoll: The ticks that I got were ridiculous... couldn't manage to hit any of the supposed double squeezes though. Are they possible?
Float On: I'm going to be surprised if this isn't optimal. Pashumba and Btown both have the same score as me.
Santeria: Couldn't figure out a good path. Decent score though.
Hollywood: Like I said above... I worked out optimal path, but could only be bothered to FC it once. Should net me 2nd or 3rd place on the song, hopefully.
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
malictus  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertiggo wrote:

Float On: I'm going to be surprised if this isn't optimal. Pashumba and Btown both have the same score as me.

I used a different path and managed 60 more points (88,334). (see the path in the bass paths thread) Maybe I finally got a league first place?
pashumba  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vertiggo wrote:
That is actually the exact same path I came up with, Pashumba. I just couldn't be bothered to FC the song more than one time.

I'm quite happy with my scores for the week.

Vinternoll: The ticks that I got were ridiculous... couldn't manage to hit any of the supposed double squeezes though. Are they possible?
Santeria: Couldn't figure out a good path. Decent score though.
Hollywood: Like I said above... I worked out optimal path, but could only be bothered to FC it once. Should net me 2nd or 3rd place on the song, hopefully.

lol, i got past the fact i don't like playing hollywood nights cuz i wanted at least two double squeezes in my score this week, but then when i got that, i wasn't satisfied and wanted optimal, so i got that next run XD

on vinternoll2, i really don't think those doubles are possible, i tried numerous times and never got close unless i strummed the beginning note of an activation too late, then it worked XD

seems malictus got a better path for float on... sucks, cuz i wanted to believe that 88,274 was optimal

for santeria, you could've looked up the path in the bass thread... >_>

and that's my thoughts on your thoughts lol :P

also malictus... i bet you probably did get first place, i doubt anyone figured there was a better path than the one posted in the bass sp thread, so congrats on realizing that there was one lol

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

Jump to: