ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New DLC - The Eagles, Nirvana, The Smashing Pumpkins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People complaining about the flow of 'easy' DLC must've forgotten GH3, we got the Isle of Wight pack and Coldplay, then BAM Dragonforce and Virtuoso. Who's to say the exact same thing won't happen this time?

I don't care if the songs are easy or hard (within a limit, I find Closer for instance extremely boring, but something like Generation Rock I still play from time to time, but both are regarded as easy songs) as long as they are fun!

I understand the need for difficult songs and I would like some too, but you have to remember there's X million other people who play GH who aren't on SH who probably wouldn't have a cat in hells chance of beating, say, Soothsayer. Neversoft have to cater for everyone, NOT just SH.

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
MagikTek  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah good old DLC threads with its constant whining.

Everybody needs to chill out.

I understand that a lot of people want lots of hard Guitar focused DLC but you have to realize that once Guitar Hero became a band-focused game, the priority shifts to the whole band rather than one instrument with December's DLC being a good example.

That's not to say we wont get anymore Guitar focused DLC because we will, it's just that the Guitar isn't the main focus anymore.

And besides, GH:M should give people the challenge they are looking for when it comes to Guitars.
FretMachine-SH  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of These Nights vs. RB's One of Those Nights.

Anyway, great job on releasing some good DLC for a lot of different tastes, guys.
-My Name is Jonas by Weezer
-Brother by Pearl Jam
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did I get rockered/banned without PM or warning for defending GH AND RB in two posts but this guy runs rabid, running 7 pages of anti-GH flamewars?

/Endrantsorry

This DLC made me flip out. I can't believe how full of win this month is!!

Now all we need is that Mars Volta track pack and I'll be set

Last edited by SpellcasterX on Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SpellDX
lsapg09  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

\m/ free DLC FTW!

<--------------- ON RB2. YEAH I'M THAT AWESOME
http://www.youtube.com/user/lsapg09
http://www.twitch.tv/andpeegee
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andpg
Wes-BasSMaNiac07  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of my favorite songs from Pumpkins and Eagles are coming to GH:WT.

Wow...I am so pissed off.

I'd rather see these tracks on RockBand, only because I'm more of a vocalist, and I don't agree with WT's vocal system.

But, congrats for Neversoft releasing more DLC. Definetely a step forward.
DarkFoxMrd wrote:
...I for one will continue to play both Guitar Hero and Rock Band and consider myself lucky for being able to drop the drama and bull crap and just enjoy things.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: BaSsMaNiac07
CoffeeBeans  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooMan555 wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:
baseballkid7 wrote:
corkscrewblow wrote:
MORE EASY SONGS. JUST WHAT WE NEED. holy fail @ NS on GH:WT.

haven't even touched WT since i got RB2 and i won't be for a while thanks to this terrible DLC. RB gets Bodom/Yngwie/LoG and GH gets easy garbage. gj gj

You just made yourself look like an idiot. Dragonforce/Virtuoso pack not enough for you??

i didn't know DragonForce was on WT. thanks for the info. also i made myself look like an idiot for stating an opinion (that some people would agree with)? gg GH fanboys. defend your game like it's your job.

You don't need to come storming in here with OMG THAT'S EASY DLC HAHAHA YOU GHYS SUCK. Because there's always that ghy who can't FC a damn song in the game and it sickens me that people only care about FCing a song.

Yes he does. It is a good thing to supply songs that are slower and fun, you know classics, but if that is all you supply it gets old and boring. They need to give some challenging songs as well to keep people like me interested. I know that not everyone likes challenging songs and most play the game for relaxing fun with their favorite songs, but my favorite songs don't all happen to be mainstream classics. The way I see it is they should just shift the ratio. Like for every 3-5 easy releases there should be 1 challenging release to keep all interested.

Also, TDWDTG is in GH3 as with the other boss battles, Dragonforce, Guitar Virtuoso, etc people are mentioning. I am talking about GH:WT and RB2, and if the GH3 DLC worked with Wt it would be a valid point. I think RB does a great job of evening out the releases. A few weeks of easy songs then BAM Constant Motion. Then a few more easy releases and BAM Yngwie Malmsteen. It satisfies all my interest.

The whole month except for the free tracks which are win are easy mainstream classics which I enjoy but if next month they release some challenging songs it would be a perfect addition to the game and it will be more balanced. That's all. Neversoft hasn't failed yet, they have simply chosen the mainstream classics first to catch the wide demographic to buy and still have the chance to release harder tracks. I'll give it until February '09 releases before I start getting sincerely upset.

No, no he doesn't. He can state his thoughts without blurting out a bunch of ignorant crap and look like a 12 year old nerd thinking he's so godly in video games. Although I agree with some of the points, neversoft doesn't work or make games and dlc just for scorehero and other good players. There ARE other people out there who may suck that have the game you know. If you expect them to cater to only you then that's just ridiculous and selfish. And that other kid you were agreeing with made an even bigger fool of himself since he called baseballkid a fanboy when he's better and probably plays more of both games than him, plus he's the one who brought up rb2 and started idk...acting like a fanboy
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet DLC. I'll be getting most of it. Totally glad I bought it for Wii
corkscrewblow  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rofl.. acting like a fanboy. i LOVE GH and (usually) hate RB (sold my RB1 full kit for $60 a couple months after i bought it) i always buy every GH game including GH:A no matter what the reception is but i just don't agree with their DLC strategy. i also don't care about these ignorant fanboys flaming me for my own opinion. if you don't agree that's great, nobody cares. even GH3 had better launch DLC with the VR pack at launch but all WT is getting are these slow, boring mainstream crap songs. as with RB DLC, yes this week they're releasing some garbage nickelodeon DLC but they're also releasing Children of Bodom so they can cater to everyone's taste and not just mainstream bs.

also, i really don't know why GH fanboys are bringing up DLC for past games when they don't even work in any other game. good job.
CoffeeBeans  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corkscrewblow wrote:
rofl.. acting like a fanboy. i LOVE GH and (usually) hate RB (sold my RB1 full kit for $60 a couple months after i bought it) i always buy every GH game including GH:A no matter what the reception is but i just don't agree with their DLC strategy. i also don't care about these ignorant fanboys flaming me for my own opinion. if you don't agree that's great, nobody cares. even GH3 had better launch DLC with the VR pack at launch but all WT is getting are these slow, boring mainstream crap songs. as with RB DLC, yes this week they're releasing some garbage nickelodeon DLC but they're also releasing Children of Bodom so they can cater to everyone's taste and not just mainstream bs.

also, i really don't know why GH fanboys are bringing up DLC for past games when they don't even work in any other game. good job.

Why do you call everyone who disagrees with you a gh fanboy when they can love both games and just not like your lame attitude and total flaming towards gh and neversoft? So because someone disagrees with you I guess they can make the assumption you're a rb fanboy then and it obviously looks like it with your previous posts...And I definately wouldn't call these bands mainstream crap, they're musically talented and just happen to get a little more media attention than bands like bodom.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

corkscrewblow wrote:
Even GH3 had better launch DLC with the VR pack at launch.

You lost me with that sentence. I will never stop regretting buying that chord/random strumfest of a pack.

Last edited by toymachine on Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
corkscrewblow  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eh it wasn't good but the songs themselves were pretty decent and the charts for Slither and SBQM were kind of challenging.
drewbles  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh nice, Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana are great! Glad to have more of them in GH.

The Eagles are very good as well. Its good to have some more classics in GH as well

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Graf wrote:
Looks like no Steve Ouimette holiday song this year

Aw shucks, I guess I will have to have fun with what I'm getting Mr. Green

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQlZ0GtYwmQ

>___>

That's so epic! Lets hope NS uses it. (Why wouldn't they? It's amazing.)

I'm not so sure about with any of this DLC, but the free tracks should be alright.

Harder DLC please Neversoft?... I beg of you.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just played the Smashing Pumkins pack and overall it was fun,

But, you HAVE to get G.L.O.W. It is soooooooo fun,but easy

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: BiohazardABZ Wii Friend Code: 266453013085
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9

Jump to: