ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bullet in the coffin? or is it nail? Another PS3-fail thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY, FANBOY FLAMEWAR! GO!

Spoon333  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^

LMFAO....it is gettin kinda heated.....GO NINTENDO 64!!!!
Raften  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoon333 wrote:
^^^^^^^

LMFAO....it is gettin kinda heated.....GO NINTENDO 64!!!!

All the wasted hours of playing Mario Kart the past 4 years while up in study hall, 700 or so hours I assume (about 700 or days in school, and each period is one hour).
That, and Goldeneye, and madden 64, god, I wasted sooooooooo many hours with my friends playing those games.

You guys act as though arguing over the next gen games is actually meaning-ful. Do what we used to do in study hall when someone turtled shelled you out of the race, THROW A POP CAN THATS HALF FULL AT THEIR HEAD. The rug in that study hall is so hard and discolored.

/end rant

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

Concerning FFXIII.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6167864.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;3

Concerning FFXIII.

That game was literally the only reason I would have had left to buy a PS3. Fail.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never said I was a fanboy of anything, and you guys have no reason to be assholes to us. Unnecessary flaming FTL.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we should just call this quits and agree that noone is changing anyone else's mind and we might as well all get over it

And sorry if i've offended ya daev (dunno if you meant me or not) but thats not what i was trying to do. But ya gotta admit....thats a pretty funny cat.
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

daevlol wrote:
I never said I was a fanboy of anything, and you guys have no reason to be assholes to us. Unnecessary flaming FTL.

I never said you were a fanboy of anything, and nobody has a reason to be an asshole to anyone. Unnecessary fucking around FTW.

Yeah, in case you couldn't guess, I was yelling around about nothing in particular, I just wanted to post the cat.
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That cat is indeed awesome, I must admit.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehe, from that article.

"But hey, when it becomes clear what the PS3 is capable of, gamers won't really fancy playing PS2 [games] anymore..."

With the few exceptions of music games and going back for nostalgic purposes, he couldn't be more right.

But seriously though. That was an article about sony france. It didn't even say one thing or the other. Plus they were french! The CEO of Sony France was probably too busy painting or having sex with a hairy girl during the interview to really pay much attention.
BreakManX  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now, THAT was just retarded.

PS3's a powerful system, but it's not for everyone. This is true. Buying a PS3 is a matter of personal choice, and everybody's entitled to their opinion.

"You suck 'cuz you dun't agree lawl" arguments are lame.

Game developers are trying to make money, not choose sides in a non-existant war. They're going to do whatever it takes to get the most money out of their products, whether this means developing a game exclusively for "X" system or making multiple versions for "X", "Y" and "Z" systems. Take, for example, Capcom's decision to port Resident Evil 4 to the PS2 after all the hype that it would be a GameCube exclusive. They didn't do this because of some personal grudge against Nintendo or anything, they did this to make more money by catering to more gamers than just those with GameCubes. This is the same thing.

Whether or not FFXIII or any other third-party game loses its system-exclusive status is irrelevant to its developer. They're in it for the dollar, and they'll do what they have to in order to get it.

EDIT: I love you, Dreyvas. XD
Dreyvas  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

XD
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CaptLtrl, if you continue the attacks against other members then you are choosing your own fate. You are the only one attacking, and not listening to the responses.

As far as the development process and such for games, we have several game programmers in this community that work for major companies like EA Games. When they say that working with the PS3s hardware is absolutely horrible, I tend to believe them.

As well, it has been said by developers that trying to utilize the PS3s memory is like trying to push the atlantic ocean into a small balloon. A prime example of this relates to Oblivion, a game that has a ridiculous amount of of downloadable content. The PC version, and the 360 version are able to handle running all the content at once, no problem. The developers had to decide what items they would include for the PS3 version, because they were unable to get even HALF the content to run at once. The PS3 has the same amount of memory as the 360, but it's apparently a bitch to work with. That's been the same for every sony console release.

I know I'm personally buying a Wii and a 360, as it has the games I want to play. The only game I would have wanted to play on the PS3 was FFXIII, but even that looks to be hitting the 360.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:

As well, it has been said by developers that trying to utilize the PS3s memory is like trying to push the atlantic ocean into a small balloon. A prime example of this relates to Oblivion, a game that has a ridiculous amount of of downloadable content. The PC version, and the 360 version are able to handle running all the content at once, no problem. The developers had to decide what items they would include for the PS3 version, because they were unable to get even HALF the content to run at once. The PS3 has the same amount of memory as the 360, but it's apparently a bitch to work with. That's been the same for every sony console release.

Not to mention that the PS3 OS and other 'features' that run in the background when games are playing takes up a ton of memory. I imagine that the much touted 'Home' is going to actually make the memory issues worse.

Just wait until they actually get video conferencing going...
CaptLtrl  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phr34k wrote:
CaptLtrl, if you continue the attacks against other members then you are choosing your own fate. You are the only one attacking, and not listening to the responses.

As far as the development process and such for games, we have several game programmers in this community that work for major companies like EA Games. When they say that working with the PS3s hardware is absolutely horrible, I tend to believe them.

I know I'm personally buying a Wii and a 360, as it has the games I want to play. The only game I would have wanted to play on the PS3 was FFXIII, but even that looks to be hitting the 360.

That's fine, and if the developers on this forum have gripes with the PS3 that is fine too.

To be honest I was trying to lighten up the situation, because we are talking about videogames here. I just feel the right to defend MY choice in videogame systems. I wasn't attacking anyone, in fact this thread merely exists to try and mudrake on the PS3 some more.

Don't come down on me for representing the other side, I am merely voicing my opinion. If this is how I'm going to be treated, I won't post in discussion forums as it seems that we can't discuss things here without turning it into personal attacks and ego-stroking.

Thanks for letting me say my peace, I'll go back to the custom songs forum if you think I'm just trying to start a flame war. This is not my intention.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: