ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bullet in the coffin? or is it nail? Another PS3-fail thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CliffEmAll  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NineInchNails wrote:
Have you seen the PS3 adverts? They relate in no way to the PS3... it's just a joke.

For example... This travesty

Ok now I'm confused, I've actually seen that exact advert on TV BUT it definitely wasn't for PS3...
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CliffEmAll wrote:
NineInchNails wrote:
Have you seen the PS3 adverts? They relate in no way to the PS3... it's just a joke.

For example... This travesty

Ok now I'm confused, I've actually seen that exact advert on TV BUT it definitely wasn't for PS3...

Haha, I love the obvious Sony spies posting comments about the commercial. They know exactly what the ad is trying to accomplish.
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:
Didn't you say I was back in the favorite TV show thread (or whatever it was)?

Anyway, glad to see you again Armageddon.

Uhh...uhh...short term memory ?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

old timers. (alzheimer's)

<Fenster> eh
<Fenster> 89 is only 7 less
<Fenster> what's 7 quite bitter beings when you already have 89
* You were kicked from #toys by Echelar (MAGIC PENIS BOX-HO)
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm. In response to the multiplatforming of DMC4, the "fans" and Capcom speaks:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168044.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

Most of you know that I'm a fucking hardcore DMC fan, but I gotta sit back and just say that this whole boycotting thing is just stupid. I just don't get it. With all of this, my interest in the game has diminished (Thanks, Sony!), but I'm not gonna outright boycott Capcom. I mean, so far, most of their talents have already left, so there isn't much reason for me to continue buying Capcom products anyway.

Dante still has Rebellion (I want Alastor back!), Kamiya isn't making anymore DMC games (I want Kamiya back, for DMC!) and from what little, new screenshots of DMC4 we have, Dante still has Drive (I want....something else!). DMC3 is still a VERY good game, but with the multiporting....it just takes away from the initial interest I had.

But at the same time, it's good to see that a franchise is branching out from Sony. Sony is deserving every bit of bad press it's getting.

EDIT: Thought this was pretty funny.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. Because sharing a great game with another crowd of people who aren't rich enough to spend 600 effing dollars on a video game system is means to boycott an entire company.

Also, Capcom getting less sales is totally going to promote more exclusives from them, on the more expensive-to-produce-games system. Hell I would go as far to say if a good chunk of the PS3 audience (at least 33%<, probably more) were to do this, Capcom wouldn't support it anymore. So not only would say DM5 not be a PS3 exclusive, it wouldn't be on the PS3 AT ALL!

Smart guys, smart.

Last edited by Ensiferous3 on Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:30 am; edited 1 time in total
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since it was slated to come out for ps3, i haven't really dug up much info on it. where on the DMC timeline does DMC4 fall? If its After 1, it doesn't make sense for Dante NOT to have Alastor...

<Fenster> eh
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Toxin066 PSN Name: Toxin066
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In terms of timeline, it goes like this:

DMC3->DMC1->DMC4->DMC2

Personally, I don't consider any DMC game to be canon, except for DMC1, of course. With that, the PS2 version of Viewtiful Joe is canon to the DMC story. Kamiya created DMC1 and VJ1, and in that VJ game, Dante is a playable character. Dante fights Alastor, because Alastor got pissed that Dante forgot him and abused him too much. The soul of Alastor left the sword and left the blade useless. So, Capcom is keeping Rebellion and never looking back on Alastor.

But that's just me. Some people say that the games, and only the DMC games, are canon. But I'm not following that. I'm going with the creator's word on what happens. Tokyo Pop released a DMC novel and it had Kamiya's input in it. In the book, Dante didn't have E&I until weeks, maybe months, before the opening scene with Trish in the first game. Since Dante has E&I in DMC3, years before the events of DMC1, that collides with what was supported by Kamiya; thus, my feelings on DMC3 not being canon. It's why I never got into comic books.

In short, DMC4 is after DMC1. <

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
KetchuponEggs  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha thanks for the info dude

<Fenster> eh
Loncaros  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
hmm. In response to the multiplatforming of DMC4, the "fans" and Capcom speaks:

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168044.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=newstop&tag=newstop;title;6

Did we really need further proof of how rabidly retarded PS3 Fanbois are? It's just sad from this point. Actually it's been quite sad for months now.
lisamariefan  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The problem is everyone is turning on sony now cause they are the big dog. They have a lot to offer, but it's taking a while because of it's price to amount of games ratio. Once some more games come out, exclusive ones, peoples stories will change.

That may be well true...but until they come out with a decently sized library of quality (and I mean QUALITY...with variety) games...I'm not taking the bait...

Also...Blu-Ray is in it's infancy. It currently takes WAY too long to develop for (Oblivion delay, anyone?), and it...well...

It just doesn't have much of a base outside the PS3 as far as I can tell? Unless you can point me in the direction of a cheap Blu-Ray player, maybe?
Cman666  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sony should of launch there PS3 untill they had a good libarary of games to back it up. Because without any good games the console is pretty much useless.
GuitarRanger  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the big deal with it being multi-platform? Resident Evil has been flip-flopping exclusiveness for years now...I'd say that's more annoying than anything that deals with DMC.
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're misunderstanding what multi-platform means. It doesn't mean flip-flopping exclusivities across multiple titles in a series. It means a lack of exclusivity, on a single title, entirely. Ie, the title is available on PS3, X360, etc. Very shortly, Guitar Hero will become a multi-platform title, being available on PS2 and 360, and reportedly, soon to come to the Wii as well. This is a/ a huge win for gamers who enjoy the title but do not own the system it was previously exclusive for, b/ a huge win for the publishers, who get a larger potential market for their title, and c/ a huge LOSE for the console manufacturer who previously had the exclusive, because AAA exclusive software titles sell hardware.

What's happening is that a number of the platform exclusivity deals the Sony had with various publishers and developers were predicated on the hardware reaching a certain level of market penetration by a certain date. Basically the publishers said, "Ya, OK, we'll give you an exclusive, but you have to promise us that you'll have X number of units out there by Y date, or else we're not going to be able to sell enough volume of this title to recover our costs, much less make a profit". Sony's absolutely horrid initial sales of the PS3 platform are causing publishers to bail from their exclusivity deals with Sony like rats from the sinking ship.

This is a big deal because it's good for the fans of the franchises affected that don't own (or plan to buy) a PS3, and it's a big deal because it's VERY bad for Sony going forward.

Riz.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO most people are going to be eating their words (not sure if thats a good expression but w/e) once the PS3 gets up and running. I'm pretty sure every system starts out slow. The only reason no one complained about the Xbox 360 was because it was the first next-gen console out, and the Wii was just a new concept to everyone so thats why that was instantly welcome.

Basically I feel that everyone is make too many assumptions too early. Once the PS3 gets some the of the better software out on the market then it will start doing better. I'm not knocking the other consoles I'm just saying the PS3 isn't going to be as bad as everyone is saying it is.

Thats just my opinion. You can take it or leave it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

Jump to: