ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Leagues running through the holidays?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
samtheman  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:05 am    Post subject: Leagues running through the holidays? Reply with quote

According to the current schedule, the leagues will be running through the holidays. I, for one, will not be able to play during the holidays and I'm sure there are many others. I suggest that the leagues be postponed for 1-2 weeks during the holidays. =/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this has come up before. End of any discussion: It's too bad; you signed up for leagues knowing when they were scheduled and that that schedule would run through the holidays. I highly doubt that the leagues will be paused simply because such a large proportion of players participating in leagues are able to play even during the holidays.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
pashumba  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
End of any discussion: It's too bad; you signed up for leagues knowing when they were scheduled and that that schedule would run through the holidays.

actually, i'm pretty sure that this happened last year, and the leagues were, in fact, postponed. it's a fair consideration as i know my play time would be very limited if i was doing anything over the break, and last year i was thankful for it. i'm thinking the same will hold for this year, but we'll just have to wait and see

this1neguy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait. What season was that? Because I'm pretty sure I've taken part in the last two leagues and I don't remember either being postponed...I could have a faulty memory unit. After all, I am programmed to be fluent in over 6 million languages and...

Oh wait, that's C-3PO. Sorry for being a star wars nerd.

Anyhow, I guess I was wrong...I wouldn't mind to see them postponed either, but I'm not planning anything for the holidays (one parent laid off, etc) so I wasn't really thinking about others. Spirit of the season fail?
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
ELiTe185  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would actually like to chime in and say that since I'm a student, I will have vastly MORE time to play over the holidays, and is a main reason I signed up.

-Jason
System: PC
Biggest Accomplishments: Suck My Kiss FC (27 GH3 FCs total), Eruption Pass (custom song)
Fatsally93  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ELiTe185 wrote:
I would actually like to chime in and say that since I'm a student, I will have vastly MORE time to play over the holidays, and is a main reason I signed up.

-Jason

Same, over the holidays I will have a lot more time to play, the only time I won't be able to and that is Christmas Day and maybe New Year's Eve.

And if people won't be able to play, that means I still have a chance of winning one of my leagues with my mediocre talent!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ELiTe185 wrote:

-Jason

me too...holidays are when I have time to really focus. and my hubby/co-op partner is a teacher, so that's definitely when he has the time to really work on scores.
eddyf  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The holidays are going to make it nearly impossible for me and my co-op partner to play. I'm going home for the holidays and I bet he is too and we live in different states. We have GH3 for different systems, so no online (he has PS2 anyway)...

This is a legitimate issue. If a lot of people can't compete over the holidays, it affects everyone, not just those who couldn't compete. I for one would not like to compete in a league where halfway through, a bunch of people suddenly were forced to drop out of the competition.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
MeeesterHat  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eddyf wrote:
The holidays are going to make it nearly impossible for me and my co-op partner to play. I'm going home for the holidays and I bet he is too and we live in different states. We have GH3 for different systems, so no online (he has PS2 anyway)...

This is a legitimate issue. If a lot of people can't compete over the holidays, it affects everyone, not just those who couldn't compete. I for one would not like to compete in a league where halfway through, a bunch of people suddenly were forced to drop out of the competition.

Then they shouldn't have entered into the competition into the first place. This isn't like an "Oh shit, Christmas is on December 25th this year!" Everyone knew it was coming. The holidays will benefit the majority of students and working professionals, as they'll now have days off to actually put more time into working on scores. And who is seriously gonna be unable to get scores for a full two weeks or so? I got my 1st week league scores in one night, and maybe only 3 hours of playtime, if that(two or three runs of a song each).
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this1neguy wrote:
Wait. What season was that? Because I'm pretty sure I've taken part in the last two leagues and I don't remember either being postponed...I could have a faulty memory unit. After all, I am programmed to be fluent in over 6 billion forms of communication and...

Fixed

I also would NOT like to see leagues postponed. Everyone knew the league schedule (or should have) when they signed up. Unless the people running the leagues run into schedule problems (I have faith that SH's forsight would NOT allow that to happen), I don't see a good reason to postpone.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As being another student, I am also a fan of not seeing leagues post-poned. I'll be gone the week after Christmas but I'll still be fine. I could imagine putting them back if playoffs were on Christmas week, but everybody should be fine playing limitedly on Christmas break.

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
eddyf  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MeeesterHat wrote:
eddyf wrote:

Then they shouldn't have entered into the competition into the first place. This isn't like an "Oh shit, Christmas is on December 25th this year!" Everyone knew it was coming. The holidays will benefit the majority of students and working professionals, as they'll now have days off to actually put more time into working on scores. And who is seriously gonna be unable to get scores for a full two weeks or so? I got my 1st week league scores in one night, and maybe only 3 hours of playtime, if that(two or three runs of a song each).

I still say that the team leagues may benefit a lot from postponing. An individual can find time to play over the holidays but if a team is getting separated for two entire weeks then it's not like there's anything they can do about it.

Don't just say "they shouldn't have entered the competition." Scorehero should try to do what's most effective for fostering competition, and telling people that they shouldn't have signed up doesn't do that.

Guide to the Tick Engine in Guitar Hero 3

Current GHIII Goals:
700k TTFAF (current score: 661k)
joekickass1234  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is truely a difficult problem to fix. On one side of the argument, the holidays make it impossible for people to submit recent scores for their songs. On the other, their are the people who have joined the league intending to kill time over their break peroid, and this would be a massive disapointment. I suggest that we add two more weeks on to the leagues, but the two weeks where nothing would have been going on due to the postponing would be worth a fraction of what it normaly would. As someone who can play over the holidays, I'd say this is fair.

EDIT: Bad idea. Nevermind

3926 0220 0199 1364
rockerdave018  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like we need a poll!
bambaniasz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe last year there was a week break for Christmas, but i wasn't here yet and only read it somewhere in the forums.
Hard - 55 FCs [x] nailed BiF for #55, yeah
60 FCs, maybe? [x] #60 - The Way it Ends
65? no way [ ] 64 (R&R All Night)
5* all [x] finally got TTFAF
Expert - 35 FCs [ ] 30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: