ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ScoreHero's Underwhelming Response

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Venge  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:49 am    Post subject: ScoreHero's Underwhelming Response Reply with quote

It's been two months Rock Revolution got it's dedicated forum to see where the ScoreHero community stood on adding it. As of this post (see time stamp above) and counting the posts/threads that were created before 10/14 and then moved here there are only 423 posts in 47 threads.

I think it's safe to say that unless RR gets a Christmas miracle, there will be no inclusion (beyond this subforum) in the ScoreHero community. A shame really because those that championed it really made their points for the most part where those opposed pretty much fell back to the default, "it sucks... just 'cause is why... no, I haven't really played it, but it just sucks."

For the sake of full disclosure: I'm on the morons' side. Actually, it's the silent mass that has convinced me not to purchase this game.
Mommonja  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's still a good game altogether. I mean, You can use it to really up tournaments and for straight up competitions. Sure, someone can FC a song, put can they PC (Perfect Combo) it?

Plus, the songs on it are great. Sure, a bit undercharted and some are covers, but did anyone even HEAR the GH1 covers, much less the GH2 covers. And don't even get me started on Rock and Roll All Night. -shivers-

The game is $30 new at Gamestop, I think it's $17.99 used. That's pretty nice. I mean, besides, According the the DLC, they're getting better at charting a bit. Sure, it needs some tweaks, but everybody learns. All in all, it is a nice game. Nothing compared to Rock Band or World Tour, but it's extremely fun. So try before you bash it. And if you're already bashing it, you're most likely going to not like it going in. So play it and GH1 side by side. See that.
GuitarHeroFaLife  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theres just not a big enough fanbase for RR. The 100 or so people on SH who like RR will be the only ones submitting to its just a waste of time for JCirri to program.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pretty much agree, it's sad that this game has gotten so much bad press. It's not really THAT bad, especially when it's only $20 new at Gamestop. For $20, it's a nice diversion from Guitar Hero and Rock Band, and the songs themselves are pretty fun, despite them being covers. For $60, this game wasn't a good deal, but for $20, it's a great deal, especially since you get 40 tracks as opposed to the Rock Band Track Pack Vol. 2 which only has 20 songs for 30 dollars. I don't think this game will ever get score tracking on Scorehero. I would love to keep track of my Guitar/Bass scores, though, but sadly, I don't think the community as a whole cares about this game.

Let's hope Konami can learn from their mistakes and release a good sequel, but given the first game's response, I don't think they will even attempt to make another Rock Revolution game. I'm hoping for a better sequel.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Cool223 PSN Name: Megashot
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHeroFaLife wrote:
Theres just not a big enough fanbase for RR. The 100 or so people on SH who like RR will be the only ones submitting to its just a waste of time for JCirri to program.

1) Copy the code for GHWT (needed for two drum modes).
2) Remove all references to vocals.
3) ???
4) PROFIT!

That having been said, I have no idea how the code for ScoreHero is actually laid out, but it really shouldn't be very hard to adapt pre-existing code for it. I'd slap something together if I had a decent server to run it on.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw the bundle at Kmart last night for $70... I bought online and paid almost twce that.

I agree with everything thats been said here. It is a shame that the community jumped so hard on the bad press band wagon. Its really not that bad of a game. Its alot of fun, especially on the drums, and the drum controller is better than the others in my opinion.

Clearly the fan base is not large enough at this point for someone to put any time in developing score tracking. Though I probably would if I had the time and enough know-how. I do have some experience with web design involving php and mysql, but I'd pretty much have to re-invent the wheel.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

for the price of a few weeks of DLC you can have this slightly fun rhythm game. Really don't see the problem. Some of the covers range from "OMG THIS IS TERRIBLE" to "wow I'm actually impressed"

also Magic Man, Holy Wars, White Room.

AND THE COVER OF LAST RESORT IS BETTER THAN THE RB MASTER OLOLOOLOLOLOOL
pangbulle  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is not released in europe and its region locked... I will definitely get a hold of it and try it out (if and when it comes out), but i dont expect much. I really wonder why they decided to region lock it, but hey it seems like almost everything has gone wrong with this game.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pangbulle wrote:
This game is not released in europe ... (if and when it comes out)

Psst... SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON. Most sources have the release date as April 24th.

I've been watching some videos on YouTube since I heard it was coming out here - I'm pleasantly surprised at the quality of some of the covers. Not sure how well I'd be able to adjust to the vertical scrolling, can't really judge that sort of thing from watching videos.

I reckon there's a good chance I'll be picking this up, particularly as it's gonna be released at budget price (£25, compared to the usual £40-45 for new releases).

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: