ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
dhofest 3: Columbia, MD, March 13 - 16.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dho  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: dhofest 3: Columbia, MD, March 13 - 16. Reply with quote

dhofest
Registration is closed until further notice
So many people have confirmed -- this is definitely become one of the biggest and most diverse SH parties ever -- I'm not going to have room for everyone. So I'm starting an attendance limit. There are a few more people who are in the `maybe' list than are actually listed here, so... yeah. This is going to be fucking sweet!

I set up a Facebook group for the event to track people who are coming. The basic idea:

``Drinking, Rock Band, Fun. 21+ (18+ if I know you and I know you can handle it). Possible SocialGamer benefit. We'll see.''

If you've been to one of my shindigs before, you'll know the drill. If you've been to a {} / MDCLXX-hosted shindig before, you'll know the drill (except, perhaps less loud since I'm on the third floor of an apartment building). It's possible that the event gets too big.

Who will be there:
My girlfriend and I (of course)

AHoffPSU
ajanata
Comet
DevilMayAsian
dpoeschl (hash)
emptyset
eXcelon969
FrankieB
HellAshes
IBitePrettyHard
IWillKickU
jaimeclaude (lolwut?)
JasonNumbers
Mark from Destroyer Pedals
MDCLXX
physicsdm
ravagetalon
ricecake (and possibly sabowski)

Maybes:
Squirrel
toymachine

If you said you were coming in the Facebook group and I didn't list you here, it's because I don't know you personally. There may be way more confirmations. My apartment supports a limited number of people, so I will be sending out formal invitations once I have maximum confirmation.

That said, if you're in the area and don't mind putting some people up, that might make things easier as a whole for the rest of everybody. Or if you can stay in a hotel. Rooms around here go for about $120/night at a decent place (don't stay at a motel, they're all shitty). Pool up between 3 people and it might be managable along with travel costs.

The facebook group is what I'm using to track guests. If you'd like an invite, check http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=41903899764 and send me a message.

--dho

Last edited by dho on Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:05 pm; edited 9 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: dhobsd ICQ Number
eXcelon969  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

booked ticket. cya then

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put maybe cause Im between Jobs at the moment and will have to see what march brings... But i'm optimistic.

Edit: Ahh fuck it... Make it a definite YES for me Devon.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not on facebook, but I may be interested in coming. I live in Baltimore, so Columbia isn't that far for me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, I'll come to this! If you need someone to vouch for me, I'm friends (bandmates) with Mark. If you've got room for me I'd love to go. I'm not on facebook, hope that's not a problem.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
MDCLXX  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fact that I get to see Devon, Brent, Joe and Emptydavey baby all at the same time pleases me greatly.
dho  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
I'm not on facebook, but I may be interested in coming. I live in Baltimore, so Columbia isn't that far for me.

Oh, yeah. I'm like a 20 minute drive. It's just 95 down to the MD-32 exit, and you're 2 miles from my house. I went ahead and put you on the confirmed list, because at this distance, you don't have an excuse. That said, would you be willing / able to house people? At this rate, I'm not going to be able to keep everyone, unless people want to get *super* cuddly on the floor.

--dho
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: dhobsd ICQ Number
ravagetalon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dho wrote:
ricecake wrote:

Oh, yeah. I'm like a 20 minute drive. It's just 95 down to the MD-32 exit, and you're 2 miles from my house. I went ahead and put you on the confirmed list, because at this distance, you don't have an excuse. That said, would you be willing / able to house people? At this rate, I'm not going to be able to keep everyone, unless people want to get *super* cuddly on the floor.

--dho

Cmon dude... you know we all LOVE getting super cuddly...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i replied maybe attending on facebook (alex kelley btw), its the end of my spring break so ill need to know whats going on that week first for planning, but if i can get a ride with mark and mike the odds of attendance definitely go up

physicsdm in #SH IRC

ricecake  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dho wrote:
Oh, yeah. I'm like a 20 minute drive. It's just 95 down to the MD-32 exit, and you're 2 miles from my house.

That's cool, I take 95 to the MD-32 exit every day for work! I work pretty much right at MD-32 and US-29.

dho wrote:
I went ahead and put you on the confirmed list, because at this distance, you don't have an excuse. That said, would you be willing / able to house people? At this rate, I'm not going to be able to keep everyone, unless people want to get *super* cuddly on the floor.

Unfortunately, my house is not very accommodating. I live in a rowhouse and space is quite limited, and I don't think my roommate/landlord would approve. On the plus side, you won't need to worry about finding a sleeping place for me Also, if you want me to bring any gear down, I have:

slim PS2
all GH/RB/track packs released for PS2
1 red SG
1 white Red Octane wireless
1 Kramer (only recently starting to drop notes)
1 RB1 strat (I may pick up a RB2 strat sometime soon)
1 RB1 drum kit with Official Silencers
1 RB2 drum kit with Official Silencers and Triple Cymbal pack (cymbals should arrive very soon)

I also have an assortment of other PS2 music/rhythm games:
Amplitude
Frequency
Rez
B-Boy
Gitaroo Man
Mad Maestro
Parappa the Rapper 2
Space Channel 5: Special Edition
Taiko Drum Master (with Taiko drum controller)
Um Jammer Lammy (PS1 game, I still haven't tried it yet)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic event banner... that is all

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You realize that Saturday is Pi Day, right? There will have to be much eating of pies in celebration. Pizza pies would suffice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
dho wrote:
Oh, yeah. I'm like a 20 minute drive. It's just 95 down to the MD-32 exit, and you're 2 miles from my house.

That's cool, I take 95 to the MD-32 exit every day for work! I work pretty much right at MD-32 and US-29.

HAH. I work off of Col. Gateway. You're welcome to come hang out any time -- the lady and I always enjoy company Feel free to email me (or contact me via IM) if you want to get together anytime before then. There's always good food and good beer at our place

ricecake wrote:
dho wrote:
I went ahead and put you on the confirmed list, because at this distance, you don't have an excuse. That said, would you be willing / able to house people? At this rate, I'm not going to be able to keep everyone, unless people want to get *super* cuddly on the floor.

Unfortunately, my house is not very accommodating. I live in a rowhouse and space is quite limited, and I don't think my roommate/landlord would approve. On the plus side, you won't need to worry about finding a sleeping place for me Also, if you want me to bring any gear down, I have:

Not a problem, though it would have been nice.

ricecake wrote:
slim PS2
all GH/RB/track packs released for PS2
1 red SG
1 white Red Octane wireless
1 Kramer (only recently starting to drop notes)
1 RB1 strat (I may pick up a RB2 strat sometime soon)
1 RB1 drum kit with Official Silencers
1 RB2 drum kit with Official Silencers and Triple Cymbal pack (cymbals should arrive very soon)

I also have an assortment of other PS2 music/rhythm games:
Amplitude
Frequency
Rez
B-Boy
Gitaroo Man
Mad Maestro
Parappa the Rapper 2
Space Channel 5: Special Edition
Taiko Drum Master (with Taiko drum controller)
Um Jammer Lammy (PS1 game, I still haven't tried it yet)

PS2 guitars would be useful. I have a slim PS-2 and Squirrel is bringing his PS-2 which has hdloader and some other stuff. I suspect many of us have neither played Frequency nor Amplitude, so it would be cool to check that stuff. As far as drum stuff, I've got my Roland kit. Maybe I'll buy a PS-2 drum kit to hack up an interface to that too

--dho
dho  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
You realize that Saturday is Pi Day, right? There will have to be much eating of pies in celebration. Pizza pies would suffice.

I did not; I do now. Also have a cool idea for the pizzas. You shall see when you arrive

--dho
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jmuphysicsguy wrote:
yeah i replied maybe attending on facebook (alex kelley btw), its the end of my spring break so ill need to know whats going on that week first for planning, but if i can get a ride with mark and mike the odds of attendance definitely go up

You're welcome to ride with me and Mark, whichever of us driving... Hope you don't mind car-smoke. We smoke in cars!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events -> Get-togethers All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: