ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Worth it for $25?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neoMAXCML  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:

Though there are way too many cross-game songs in this that really weren't necessary cause there is no way they can really compete with GH or RB anymore.

This is why they should release more Bemani packs. I have yet to play the game or even see all the charts for the Bemani pack but this is what most rhythm game fans want: more Bemani in America.
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neoMAXCML wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

Though there are way too many cross-game songs in this that really weren't necessary cause there is no way they can really compete with GH or RB anymore.

This is why they should release more Bemani packs. I have yet to play the game or even see all the charts for the Bemani pack but this is what most rhythm game fans want: more Bemani in America.

I have no clue who Bemani is lol
benlikesthesalsa  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
neoMAXCML wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

Its like a Konami music studio

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSH-Hitman wrote:
neoMAXCML wrote:
MSH-Hitman wrote:

It's Konami's in house development studio for all of their music games: DDR, Beatmania IIDX, Pop'n Music, Guitar Freaks + Drummania, Jubeat and many many more.
kajota  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ajanata wrote:
BAW COVERS SUCK BAW

Go play GH1, GH2, GH80s, GH3, or RB1, then BAW MORE about covers.

The point is the game doesn't have to have master tracks (or even 100% perfect covers for every song) to be fun. Everybody is spoiled with RB2 and GHWT now.

I played all of those games and most of the covers didn't bother me. For the most part the covers in Rock Revolution don't bother me. However, a few are far and away much worse than any of the covers in games mentioned above.

Rock Revolution is competing against RB2 and GHWT so pointing out that it uses covers instead of master tracks is a valid criticism. If this game had been released 3 years ago things would be different.

The game is still fun it's just not as much fun as it could be. Having the real version of Walk would make the game more fun.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kajota PSN Name: kajota
jenkins92  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kajota wrote:
ajanata wrote:
BAW COVERS SUCK BAW

Go play GH1, GH2, GH80s, GH3, or RB1, then BAW MORE about covers.

The point is the game doesn't have to have master tracks (or even 100% perfect covers for every song) to be fun. Everybody is spoiled with RB2 and GHWT now.

I played all of those games and most of the covers didn't bother me. For the most part the covers in Rock Revolution don't bother me. However, a few are far and away much worse than any of the covers in games mentioned above.

Rock Revolution is competing against RB2 and GHWT so pointing out that it uses covers instead of master tracks is a valid criticism. If this game had been released 3 years ago things would be different.

The game is still fun it's just not as much fun as it could be. Having the real version of Walk would make the game more fun.

look at the price of the game, you get what you pay for. It's a poor mans GH/RB and it does a helluva good job of it.

For the bolded part, I have two words for you - Fat Lip
Worst cover I have ever heard of a song in my life
I've seen two blind epileptics share a bowl of soup with more grace.

People need to stop the bitching and think before they type: THIS GAME IS NOT TRYING TO BE GH/RB, STOP THINKING IT IS.

LOL.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jenkins92 wrote:

Ah, I missed you.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
kajota  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jenkins92 wrote:

look at the price of the game, you get what you pay for. It's a poor mans GH/RB and it does a helluva good job of it.

People need to stop the bitching and think before they type: THIS GAME IS NOT TRYING TO BE GH/RB, STOP THINKING IT IS.

Dude, I'm on your side here. The game is definitely worth the $20 I paid for it.

I disagree about not bitching though. If there's something valid we don't like about a game we need to bring it up. Hopefully the developers will listen and the next version will be better.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: kajota PSN Name: kajota
OpenYourEyes  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really considering getting this game. I like a lot of songs in it, and the gameplay doesn't look that bad. Other than anything that's already been said, anybody have anything that'll put me over the edge?
Set all the tax rates to 9.
jenkins92  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
jenkins92 wrote:

Ah, I missed you.

You must come down for a GH bash of sorts some time.

kajota wrote:
jenkins92 wrote:

Dude, I'm on your side here. The game is definitely worth the $20 I paid for it.

I disagree about not bitching though. If there's something valid we don't like about a game we need to bring it up. Hopefully the developers will listen and the next version will be better.

You've got a point, but unfortunately there's no Konami members here (that i know of) that have a chance to listen to anyones opinions on here.

The truth is, the game probably isn't that great, yeah, but my main point is you get what you pay for, and what you got was something that was worth $20. I've found chocolates that cost more, hell, flowers even cost more than $20 (i got ripped off with those flowers, no USB port attached).

It's fair to have a point about the game that you don't like, but the majority of the people here have just gone: "LULZ RB IS SO BETTA ONLY PPLZ DAT WILL BUY THIS GAME ARE PARENTS WHO GOT RB AND RR MIXED UP LULZZZ"

theres no actual point to it. I think were all aware of the problems with it.

LOL.
sean2490  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I would like to point out that hasn't been mentioned before is the undercharting in songs. If you're like me, it drives you absolutely crazy when you can hear an intense, fast solo and play something at half of the speed ON EXPERT. I don't understand the thinking with not making a correctly charted difficulty available. And also, arguments that they charted it as fast as they thought it was are not grounded, listen to Holy Wars. Other than that I'd say it's worth the 20$. There are better games for 20-30$, but after those, this is still worth a look.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kluuz wrote:
...I wouldn't get this game if it was free. Just a big waste of time, and this game is another annoying rip-off of Rock Band. And it's the worst rip-off I have ever seen from anything!

I agree. I played it 1 time, and I swear, worst game for graphics EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I quit after the first song!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
jcd  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

worth it... id says so.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcd wrote:
worth it... id says so.

Huh?

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OpenYourEyes wrote:
I'm really considering getting this game. I like a lot of songs in it, and the gameplay doesn't look that bad. Other than anything that's already been said, anybody have anything that'll put me over the edge?

There's actually DLC if that means anything

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: