ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Posting of scores??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dizkonnektid  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:16 pm    Post subject: Posting of scores?? Reply with quote

I could be just that new, but I taken part in 2 leagues not (season 8 & 10) - and it seems that at the beginning of each season, it clearly states DO NOT POST ANY INFO/CLUES TO YOUR SCORES.
So why is that people are posting blantantly against these request? Not naming anyone but for instance -

"GR - 280,486. I think I could have squeezed more out of that orange sustain, since I know I'm good at tick squeezing (1st place on Super Massive Black Hole, a song with a ridiculously difficult tick squeeze). Though I'm satisfied with the score since it ties with a ton of people on the SH leaderboard, including witwix.

Stricken - 520796. I plan on FC'ing this some day, since I can get each "tough" part of the solo FC'd, however I've never gotten both in the same run. Gotta work on the transition from one to the other...

SBTD - 310588. I screwed up one of the activations so my score isn't the best it could be, but I didn't feel like re-playing it because I'd finally gotten through the song with getting every other activation as good as I could.

IITB - 306327. Finally FC'd this ridiculously annoying song. Unfortunately, my whammying was terrible and I think I did the exact opposite of squeezing on 3/4 of the activations. Oh well, an FC is an FC, so it's going to be some sort of high score."

Now this was left in a leagues forum with many just like it and it was posted prior to the round results being updated!? What gives? I mean, look, I'm not one to start trouble but what is the sense of placing importance on a rule if nobody follows it. Why have the league interface if everyone is gonna post their scores and backstories behind them in the regular forum anyway?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DIZKONNEKTID
sktgamerdudejr  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After a round is over, a new round starts again so people can post their last round scores. I may be wrong, but that's how it works.
this1neguy  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for the record, I looked up the example you listed and noticed that it was posted after the week ended (post date Jan 5, due date was the 4th.)

I think mostly those are people who don't read the rules, although I haven't noticed too many people posting full scores before the due date.
Silly wrote:
yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
I hope the April Fool's joke is expertwin becoming a mod

Reports coming in that over five hundred thousand players of the Guitar Hero and Rock Band games have simultaneously committed seppuku
googleimage  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those were all posted after the due date. This rule is in place so as to avoid these hyper-competitive people saying "I FCed TTFAF, and I hit that quintuple squeeze on the Red Snake, yay!" and completely demoralizing the rest of the AA division before the competition is over. You don't want players dropping out simply because they feel that they can't compete with the ridiculous accomplishments revealed by other members.

The other reason for the rule is that it "incites competition" - I'm curious to hear why this would be considered a bad thing, but I'm certainly sold on this rule for that first reason. However, both reasons become moot once the scores are locked in.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They posted because they know no one in their league is going to beat them?

While I do agree with you, I'm sure these were put up after the saturday night deadline.

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Sosaman66  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of these posts with people's scores and comments are posted after the Saturday night deadline, and since we don't see the results page for 24 hours, people do that so they can announce their scores ahead of the full standings update. It's perfectly fine, since nobody can alter their scores after the fact and it's interesting for the people who like seeing how other people did and not want to wait 24 hours.

emptyset wrote:
odu479 wrote:
wrote:
i hav no clue wat i jus did

Good to know you do things that you have no idea what they do. I hope for humanity's sake, you never work in a nuclear testing facility.
dizkonnektid  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sosaman66 wrote:
All of these posts with people's scores and comments are posted after the Saturday night deadline, and since we don't see the results page for 24 hours, people do that so they can announce their scores ahead of the full standings update. It's perfectly fine, since nobody can alter their scores after the fact and it's interesting for the people who like seeing how other people did and not want to wait 24 hours.

Gotcha - thanks sosa that clears it up some, but I still feel it does take some anticipation out of waiting for results...thanks to all for your help
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DIZKONNEKTID
shinycow17  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

L O L
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: