ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RR marked down to $9.99 at Best Buy stores next week

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: RR marked down to $9.99 at Best Buy stores next week Reply with quote

Apparently the company is going bat-shit on closeout items, as you can also grab stuff like Pure and Soul Calibur 4 for $10 as well starting Sunday. Titles are limited on per-store availability, but most tend to have 20 copies of Rock Revolution sitting around

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player

Last edited by fUNC on Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
Evster  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

$13.99 now at bestbuy.com

I just bought it from half.com for $7.98 + shipping

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...that seems completely reasonable, actually. Maybe that'll be the next game I buy after RE5 and GH:M...

From what I've seen from vids, the charts are okay, and no need to talk about the covers. I will just say this: I'd rather have some guy using his own rendition than someone even try to imitate Serj Tankian... (Chop Suey cover reference...)

Also, while it'll probably be a sightread FC, I've always wanted to rock to Three Days Grace in a rhythm game. \m/
Doom878  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Per the BB ad, it will $10 next week
banjokazooie  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy it. It's actually quite fun, in my opinion and it plays just as well as any other game in terms of the engine. Plenty of good songs on there too.

Progress: 20/42, Last: Love Bites (So Do I) (9th ever FC cross-platform!)

Best FCs-
FCPREMIX, TtL CoD, CoP, NotB (GH3), RtL, Wasted Years, Peace Sells (RB)
dweedman  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

banjokazooie wrote:
Plenty of good songs on there too.

Yeah but too bad the covers sound like the originals thrown in a blender

Massive thank you to the Scorehero mods for de-PermaRockering me after 6-7 dreadful years
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: da dan101
Kelsin  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evster wrote:

I just bought it from half.com for $7.98 + shipping

Lol
Seriously, what a Failure
Thats sad.
I mean, Konami praticaly invented Music games.
And now they are selling game+drums for like 30$!
O_O
xxtimetokillxx  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm wondering how many people fced the entire game on sightread Xguitar >.>
Quote:

Konami praticaly invented Music games.
And now they are selling game+drums for like 30$!
O_O

While RR was almost a complete failure, Konami are still rich bitches thanks to Metal Gear, Castlevania, and their epic list of known games.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: XxTimetoKillxX PSN Name: XxTimetokillxX
Adohu  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xxtimetokillxx wrote:
I'm wondering how many people fced the entire game on sightread Xguitar >.>

No one.

I've been waiting for the day that this game got as cheap as it possibly could, and it looks like it's coming. It seems like the game is DEFINITELY worth $10. Sure, some of the covers suck (although some are great) and the charts are ass (well, most of them), but if I can pay $10 to make vertically-moving circles disappear, I'm happy.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
Potatomasher  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked it up for $9.99 yesterday. Definitely worth it for that price, and it's really not as bad as I'd heard.

Then again I paid $9.99 and went in with extremely low expectations, so it wasn't too hard to please me.

Best Buy had a whole shelf full of them, and very few copies of the other games currently on sale. It's definitely the time to go pick this up if you want to give it a whirl.

One thing I really like about RR is the GAME aspects of it. Like in career mode where you have to memorize song sections and play them back without seeing the notes, the poison note stuff, etc...

It'd be nice if Guitar Hero and Rock Band started doing stuff like that. GHIII introduced the kind of lame guitar duels, but I think RR does it better, with several different challenge modes. Why not have it in there? Keep it optional as something fun and extra, but this is a video game, so lets see more stuff like that thrown in.

I'm definitely not abandoning Guitar Hero for this... I just got GH:Metallica last week, and that blows RR out of the water for sure. Hard to go wrong at $10 though. Take a minute to get adjusted to the vertical scrolling, don't be too put off by covers since you paid ten bucks for the whole game, and enjoy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games -> Rock Revolution All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: