ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Reallllllly fast drum rolls
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Parmesean97  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oneeyedlittleman wrote:
so you have RB and a real kit? get thrasher, practice constantly for a couple weeks. instant limb independence.

if it takes a couple of weeks, then its certainly not "instant"

http://www.youtube.com/user/ZionalQuadrophenic Lulz no vids, but add as a friend!
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
Twool wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:
Megabert wrote:
and there's nothing on RB/WT that isn't single-strokable

I don't know about that. Snares in Love Removal Machine and the floor toms in Kick Out The Jams are solely there to rape you for single-stroking. Not to say they're not possible, just I find them extremely hard without double strokes--even though they're both slightly slower than Bodhisattva which I can hit fine on RB with singles.

Including the one roll in Rambling Man with pedal hits every third note.

That roll is significantly slower than KotJ, (and my that, I mean less than HALF the speed) and it's eigth note triplets, how does double strokes benefit you

It'd be murder for me to try that, switching hands with every bass hit while concentrating on double strokes. But if it works for you, damn. I'm impressed :P

I've never had any sort of practice with double strokes, but I just tried out the Ramblin' Man roll while double stroking (although that is completely unnecessary) and it took me about 30 secs. to learn to play it, so if even I can do it, you should have no problem. Still, I can't hit either LRM's or KotJ's roll because I can barely manage a 16NPS roll with single strokes, while double stroking is, like I said, something I've never practiced.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Ramblin' Man just seems a lot more intuitive to me to hit it with RLRL sticking, seems like a pain to have to remember to switch it up for one roll. I was more surprised that people have less trouble with double strokes than natural sticking.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I guess Ramblin' Man just seems a lot more intuitive to me to hit it with RLRL sticking, seems like a pain to have to remember to switch it up for one roll. I was more surprised that people have less trouble with double strokes than natural sticking.

It's a possibilty, but I can't imagine people find it easier with double strokes; it's not like it's that fast.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: