DJ Hero
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
imcominforyo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:46 am    Post subject: DJ Hero Reply with quote

does anyone remember this?
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1594921/20080916/story.jhtml
http://blog.nothingbutsoftware.com/2008/10/dj-hero-revealed/
I also heard that they scrapped this idea and developed it into GHWT.Are there any other other reports for this?
Sorry for not knowing something as big as this.
blackwidowcd  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read that this year, this, Metallica, and 2 more WT expansions would come out (3 in total). I think the article was from after WT came out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't care less about DJ hero, but I look forward to GH:M. Looks pretty cool, good setlist.

HOWEVER, I don't think it's very good if there will be two more expansions this year. I'd rather have one way better game next October than 3 mediocre games this year (we don't need another aerosmith)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:22 am    Post subject: Re: DJ Hero Reply with quote

imcominforyo wrote:
does anyone remember this?
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1594921/20080916/story.jhtml
http://blog.nothingbutsoftware.com/2008/10/dj-hero-revealed/
I also heard that they scrapped this idea and developed it into GHWT.Are there any other other reports for this?
Sorry for not knowing something as big as this.
Close but no cigar. They scrapped a Drum Hero game they were doing which would be drums only. They later said that making a Drum Only game was stupid and added the idea of vocals to get GH:WT. DJ Hero seems it's still in devolpment.
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is how the hell is DJ Hero gonna work? It can't just be one big record you spin, can it?

Xtresso wrote:
HOWEVER, I don't think it's very good if there will be two more expansions this year. I'd rather have one way better game next October than 3 mediocre games this year (we don't need another aerosmith)

This. Well, no, I do think they should come out with the expansions, but without...well...expanding on it so much. They should, at least in my opinion, be the same exact game with a new setlist. Instead they use a large amount of time and money coming up with new character models, guitars, venues, ect., ect., when I (and I'm probably not alone on this one) couldn't care less about it.
xtremecarbon  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um. Whatever happened to that arcade game that involved the turntables? (like beatmaina or something?)

My Accomplishments
Hey, I FINALLY have Rock Band 3! And with Cymbals for Pro Mode! Add XBL if you want to play. The best way to contact me is through Twitter
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: xtremecarbonSH PSN Name: xtremecarbon Wii Friend Code: 1874701833916044
Grimnir  

Location: OMG you live in ut or play on psn? add me lets play!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ hero would likely bear a strong resimblance to IIDX or Beat Mania. which is an arcade rhythm game where you play the song similar to how you play guitar hero. It's controlls are a 5 or 7 button keyboard and a disc that you can pull or push to trigger.

Currently iidx is a pretty stable game with a small but very loyal playerbase. The game engine hasn't changed since the release of "beat mania 2 delux" (which is abrv. to iidx) however they have continued releasing discs with more music, I think they have 7 discs out or something around there <_<

The biggest problem with iidx, and why I would be a strong supporter of DJ Hero, is that the controllers are not cheap... iirc you have to put up about 250 for an iidx controller <_< and the games are almost all japanese import discs requiring a modded ps2.

Something I would like to see with Guitar Hero's future and the production of a DJ Hero is compatability between them. Having DLC with charts across games so online you would pick the band members the song had instrument charts for, and players would be able to switch to which ever instrument was needed. Especially with the song editor already haveing a "keyboard" part, I think this would bring a lot of fun into the game, and would make it a step up on rock band.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that a DJ Hero (or anything of the ilk) released stateside would be similar to IIDX only in concept, having roughly the same relation that Guitar Freaks had to Guitar Hero. The majority of the tracklist would/will likely be rap/hip-hop based, with a little dance and house thrown in.

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
VeliusIIDX  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A IIDX controller runs you about 30 for a US controller and 50-60 for the good JP IIDX controller that you can mod.

You only spend around 250+ for an arcade style controller which is the equivalent of buying those fancy logitech GH controllers.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Awakener  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure the official title of DJ Hero is now Scratch: The Ultimate DJ.

The game, based on screenshots that I've seen, isn't just beatmania Hero, it literally is the original beatmania crossed with the American-styled visuals of Guitar Hero. Don't believe me? Take a look for yourself:

However, I will say this - to me, the game looks like something I'd get. If it has some pretty popular tunes on it ala Guitar Hero/Rock Band, yeah I'd buy it. Heck, I'm even somewhat hoping for some original songs, ala...er, Konami Original Songs.

The only real innovation I can see in this game however is the specific way you perform scratches: You must scratch in a specific direction. Other than that, you are more than likely looking at beatmania with new flashy visuals and without timing windows.

Here's hoping it's compatible with my IIDX US DJ deck!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awakener wrote:
I'm pretty sure the official title of DJ Hero is now Scratch: The Ultimate DJ
Nope, completely different games.
nerdbeyondbelief  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Further Info
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3169912

It's all speculation now but soon we might see more. This also disproves Awakener's theory
CoHPlaya  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder what this game will be like...will it have buttons? Or do you spin and it clicks to a specific color?
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: CoHPlaya Wii Friend Code: 060276453153
MacDuff  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CoHPlaya wrote:
I wonder what this game will be like...will it have buttons? Or do you spin and it clicks to a specific color?

It's just going to be like 5 key beatmania http://img.hardcore-gamer.net/tienda/images/ps2/ps2_mando_beatmania_IIDX.jpg
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: