ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
I played on the 360 X-Plorer today.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZKX-2099  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: I played on the 360 X-Plorer today. Reply with quote

They had a demo at Best Buy today. Very nice guitar. But it did have some lag. Not sure if that
was the demo or the guitar itself. But the buttons were a tad smaller.

And if you're curious the new song they had on the 360 demo was the Pearl Jam one. Didnt
play all the way through because the lag made me look like a fool........ and I got ego issues....
stupidfan  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shame for I too have that ego thing , It's cool they have a demo though
Kevy  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have a demo set up for the Guitar Hero 2 X-Box 360 version at my Best Buy too.

My first impression of the new guitar controller:

IT SUCKS!

I'll give the controller the benefit of the doubt and say it does look cool but that's about all it has going for it.

The neck is skinny and short. The body is awkwardly shaped and uncomfortable to put your strumming arm on. The strum bar is way too sensitive and the fret buttons aren't sensitive enough. The whammy bar is unresponsive but also it seems like they completely revised the whammy system in the game.

First song I played, probably my favorite of all the songs in the game, was Sweet Child O' Mine on Expert. I miss a few notes on the intro which is very weird for me because I can usually play it blindfolded. I eventually get to the fast part in the solo and I fail! I have never failed SCOM in my entire Guitar Hero 2 experience.

Just to reassure myself, I walk over to the PS2 display also running Guitar Hero 2 (with the standard SG controler) and play SCOM on Expert. I 5* it, 95%, score probably around 250k.

This was my first time playing on the new controller on the 360 so I suppose one could get use to it, but for now, I'll stick to the trusty SG.
Zillatron  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eeek, This controller must not be that good
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: ActAppalled16
AkureiYJ  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I take it if you want an X-plorer the best bet is to do what I did and get the frontman? I have no complaints about mine. Strum-bar was sticking to I put alittle vasoline on the bar under the actual strum-bar itself ad viola, no sticking...
Buttons stuck alittle right after I painted it, but other than that...
No probs. Been playing heavily with the 3 AAs that came with it for a month and they STILL aren't dead! No lag, nothing.
I gotta say I love my nYKo!
GTJem  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the one at my BB also, I agree the controller feels very small. I also don't like the way it hangs because of the strap attachment points. I ran the lag calibration before playing and had no problems other than sensitive strum. I suspect that will loosen up as it gets worn in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: