ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Alex Rigopulos wants more Amplitude?!?!?!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
shocktrooper42  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Alex Rigopulos wants more Amplitude?!?!?! Reply with quote

From Giantbomb.com (a site about video games!!!)

Quote:
Before Harmonix was teaching the mainstream how to faux-raux with Guitar Hero and Rock Band, the Cambridge-based developer had spend several years blowing my mind with its techno-heavy Frequency and Amplitude games. I had played plenty of Japanese-developed rhythm games like Dance Dance Revolution, PaRappa the Rapper, and Samba de Amigo before then, but Frequency was the first time I had seen something like that from a Western developer, and it carried a certain sensibility, as well as a variety of licensed music, that spoke to me more personally. While the plastic-instrument evolution of the rhythm game genre looks to remain the dominant form for the foreseeable future, I've maintained the tiny hope in the back of my mind that Harmonix's newfound cache would allow it to one day revisit that franchise.

Based on a recent Ars Technica interview with Harmonix cofounder Alex Rigopulos, a follow-up to Amplitude might not be as much of a pipe dream as I had thought. In the interview, Rigopulos emphatically shouts “Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!” at the prospect of making Amplitude available as a PlayStation Network game, though he follows that up by saying that he'd “love to do a sequel to Amplitude, actually,” and that he “would love to come back and do it right for the PlayStation 3, for example.”

Obviously, there are a few hurdles before we could see an Amplitude sequel. Harmonix is plenty busy cultivating its highly lucrative Rock Band series at the moment. There's also the issue of Sony owning the rights to the Frequency and Amplitude names. Then again, Harmonix has been growing by leaps and bounds over the past few years, with a current staff of over 300 making multiple projects much more feasible, and it essentially made a quasi-sequel to Amplitude already with its iPod game Phase, which was done without any involvement from Sony. It's still all just talk, but it's encouraging to know that Amplitude still holds such a special place in Rigopulos' heart.

yay! any thoughts??
RB/GH Achievements
WGFA xdrums 5*/ Visions xdrums pass!/ Creep xtar FC/ GHWT Spiderwebs xtar 100%
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sonicSKAzombE42
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry , but whats amplitude ?
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuardianDemon wrote:
sorry , but whats amplitude ?

http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=amplitude+game
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
ricecake  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they made a sequel to Amplitude, that would be awesome.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I NEED a PS3. Amplitude is the best game ever.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Kamen Islands
RadioDuke  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can guarantee that if they did do another Amplitude that it would not be a PS3 exclusive. Hell, Harmonix seems to favor Microsoft a lot as it is.
tab7240  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://boards.ign.com/rock_band/b11059/177422217/p1/
Good thing it's not April yet.

glacier985  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadioDuke wrote:
I can guarantee that if they did do another Amplitude that it would not be a PS3 exclusive. Hell, Harmonix seems to favor Microsoft a lot as it is.

Except the rights are owned by Sony, but it seems like the Rockband on the PSP is going to be a bit like Amplitude.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RadioDuke wrote:

I can guarantee that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Sony owns the rights and gameplay to Frequency and Amplitude, along with the engines. Rock Band Unplugged is a rumored new game in the line, and it's exclusive to the PSP because of Sony.

http://www.freqfans.com

New site from former owners of freqremixes.net to replace freq.com that HMX killed.
AbXtreme  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad there putting back the FreQ/Amplitude series, I've always been an avid fan of both games over the years (constant playing = win win win)

Of it weren't for these games, Guitar Hero/Rock Band would of never been born.

Rock Band Unplugged will be an instant get from the get go and if there's a sequeal to Amplitude a cometh, Instant GET!
[http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=539942#539942/]
^ BRING THE DRUM & BASS TO ROCK BAND! ^
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Andoryuu X PSN Name: CrimsonMastodon
RadioDuke  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MethodMan wrote:
I can guarantee that you have no clue what you're talking about.

Sony owns the rights and gameplay to Frequency and Amplitude, along with the engines. Rock Band Unplugged is a rumored new game in the line, and it's exclusive to the PSP because of Sony.

Well, Sony was the publisher of the old games but that doesn't mean they own the rights to the entire series. Sony doesn't own Harmonix and therefore Harmonix can make sequels to those games on any platform they want.

If you are on Scorehero, put this in your sig. Let's see how many people on ScoreHero are on Scorehero!
reikonkeiri  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know someone who will be excited to hear this. I could never get into the series though.

sucky music, sucky controls etc. its good concept though but not for me
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: