Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The Unofficial Bassists Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PohatuJr wrote:
I gots me a BC Rich Warlock bass.
It's pretty kick ass, huh?

Indeed, it's real good for that low growling sound that a lot of metal demands. Not so good for fingerpicking like I do, but man its sound is thick and makes for a very chugging bassline, plus it looks oh so epic... And Hailz did a caricature of you right? That turned out badass.
Deathblooms51 wrote:
My bass

Wow, that looks beast. Looks like a Tobias. And EMG pickups, I haven't had a chance to try one of them yet, but I hear they're hot shit, so I am eager to get one.

And I'm all for the videos of you doing covers or your own pieces and such. Considering my Zoom has USB in, I might start doing some covers, starting with Slayer's "South of Heaven", because that song is awesome.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember there being one, and I found it, and it's a year and a half old...anyway I was able to salvage this picture from the thread of me at Guitar Center

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
StretsideProphet  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

where did you find that picture i thought you destroyed all traces of it anyway i have 3 basses on me now

thanks to my Nikki Sixx i picked up the bass, and just like him i love to use thunderbird basses, i was feeling a little down after my band broke up so i went to guitar center and found a white tbird (rare color) picked it up for $150

other than that i have a fender precision black w/rosewood neck,

and my first bass still an austin au850wr

i had a fenderbassman400 head with an ampeg 2x15 fridge cab vbut i sold them i am swithcing to either a galien kreuger 4x12 cab or a mesa 8x10 cab with a mesa 400+ tube powered head

as for pedals go i use a combination of any of the following, my sansamp bass di, boss overdrive, boss bass chorus, electro harmonix bigg muff pi

other than the 3 i own i had at 1 point 13 basses here are some i can remember

Electra Rickenbacker copy
Spector NS-5XL
fender american deluxe jazz bass (black tort guard)
Sx Precision bass
Sx Jazz bass
Schecter Eliete 5
Bentley Precision bass
Warwick Corvette
Samick PJ bass
fender mustang bass
Ibanez soundgear 5 string
fender jazz 5
i have also built and redone numerous basses and guitars too

thats about it nless i can remember something lol if anyone has anyquestions about any basses pickup stuff, amps, heads, cabs, anything... dont hesitate to ask[/quote]

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x Mr Keenasty x
MuDvAyNe  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StretsideProphet wrote:
where did you find that picture i thought you destroyed all traces of it

It's in your photobucket account, I just wanted to post it before you did <_<

also, Jesus Christ dude...you're like, non-existent on the forums until the word bass appears somewhere

<--Click the banner for the video
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: oXMuDvAyNeXo
StretsideProphet  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont want to talk about it.......actually im not sure why i jumped on here i havent in forever but i got the urge and the first thing i saw was a bassists thread, so you knoiw i had to reply

i thought my old photobucket got deleted

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: x Mr Keenasty x
epock  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I remember there being one, and I found it, and it's a year and a half old...anyway I was able to salvage this picture from the thread of me at Guitar Center

I need that bass. NAO!

Anyways, I rock a squire 70s Jazz Bass Reissue. Fantastic for slap and funk, and just about anything else I need to use it for. For the amp I got a Behringer BHL1800A. Love the thing, gots great sound and a few effects for playing around with (got the Muse sound down pat, and works great for when playing Hysteria.) I'm super excited, I just found out that a friend of mine totally knows how to make basses and guitars (a fact that he felt the need to keep from me for 2 years.) After I get some money's I'm gonna get my hands on some Koa wood and commission me a through-body. Should sound really sweet and mellow.

I'm a curious cat at the moment, so I have question for you all:
What was the first song you ever learned on bass, like all the way through? Mine was Emerald from Thin Lizzy. I still play that song first whenever I feel like playing. Second was Roulette Dares by The Mars Volta, after I took a long hiatus from playing bass and my guitarist friend told me, "you should learn how to play this so we can play it together."
Archang3L  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epock wrote:

What was the first song you ever learned on bass, like all the way through? Mine was Emerald from Thin Lizzy. I still play that song first whenever I feel like playing. Second was Roulette Dares by The Mars Volta, after I took a long hiatus from playing bass and my guitarist friend told me, "you should learn how to play this so we can play it together."

I actually only learned my first full song a week or so ago. I've been playing bass for awhile, I could just never really be bothered learning a whole full song >.>

It was Black Night, by Deep Purple. Probably one of the easiest songs possible to learn on the bass, but I figured I'd start with an easy one, and learn it quickly so I can say I know at least one song. xD

Not sure what I'll do next ... thinking maybe Wrathchild, by Iron Maiden. I've played a few of the riffs in that one and it sounds pretty fun to do.

Or can someone else recommend a good, fun song to learn on bass? I'd like something suitably challenging, but I don't mind if it's relatively simple if it sounds cool. ^^

"You're not smart. You're not a scientist. You're not a doctor. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong?"
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Archang3L666
Cyberwaste  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MuDvAyNe wrote:

That just made the thread mate, well done.
epock wrote:
What was the first song you ever learned on bass, like all the way through?

Man, it's been a long time, but I think the first riff and song I learned was "Cars" by Fear Factory... It's simple, sure, but damn that song is catchy.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
StretsideProphet  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

epock wrote:
Quote:

I need that bass. NAO!

Anyways, I rock a squire 70s Jazz Bass Reissue. Fantastic for slap and funk, and just about anything else I need to use it for. For the amp I got a Behringer BHL1800A. Love the thing, gots great sound and a few effects for playing around with (got the Muse sound down pat, and works great for when playing Hysteria.) I'm super excited, I just found out that a friend of mine totally knows how to make basses and guitars (a fact that he felt the need to keep from me for 2 years.) After I get some money's I'm gonna get my hands on some Koa wood and commission me a through-body. Should sound really sweet and mellow.

Not to mention a good piece of Koa looks beautiful, ive worked with koa on 2 guitars and i loved it both times did you have a design drawn out or in your head for the bass you are wanting built?

the first song i ever learned on bass was spiders by system of a down, followed by guerilla radio by rage in the same day, the first song i ever played with a full band was Drive by incubus followed bybeautiful disaster by 311, then again that was a long time ago, and speaking of muse i just learned the whole origin of symmetry cd over the past weekend

Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry about the bump, but I'd rather bump an old thread then start a new one...

For a while now, I've been thinking about picking up bass guitar, with christmas coming around I might go out and buy a cheap(ish) bass and amp to get started on. I've always been a sucker for fenders so while searching the web I wondered what the difference between a jazz bass and a P-bass is, and what one would be better to start on.

However, if neither the Jazz or P-bass are good to start on, is there any bass in particular that would be best to start on and why?

Again, sorry about the bump, and thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Romanczuk you should make a video of you playing your bass-station

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fatsausage wrote:
For a while now, I've been thinking about picking up bass guitar, with christmas coming around I might go out and buy a cheap(ish) bass and amp to get started on. I've always been a sucker for fenders so while searching the web I wondered what the difference between a jazz bass and a P-bass is, and what one would be better to start on.

What's up mate, glad you're thinking of going for the low growl of the bass guitar.

If you're a sucker for Fenders, look around for the SX basses on this page. And try and get a package with an amplifier and a bag, which makes the perfect beginners bass with some gear to boot.

If you do start playing, keep us posted with your progress, I'd love to see it!

psxfreak101 wrote:

Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyberwaste wrote:
Fatsausage wrote:

What's up mate, glad you're thinking of going for the low growl of the bass guitar.

If you're a sucker for Fenders, look around for the SX basses on this page. And try and get a package with an amplifier and a bag, which makes the perfect beginners bass with some gear to boot.

If you do start playing, keep us posted with your progress, I'd love to see it!

Thanks for the link, but I live in the UK and the website seems to be American only, I'd if possible try and actually try out the actual bass itself before purchasing it.

Ive bookmarked that page just incase

So if I was to go to a guitar shop and look around for a bass, is there anything in particular that i should look out for? Like any basses that should be avoided at all costs or anything?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This post has been deleted.
Romanczuk  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retop56 wrote:
Romanczuk you should make a video of you playing your bass-station

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O7gpaj_CmM&feature=PlayList&p=85B57D68B44CDA1E&index=0&playnext=1
I made one video here, but it's just me playing and not really showing off the instrument.
http://www.youtube.com/user/tungstenseabass
This is my guitarist's channel, where we've got some takes from a concert in June 08 or sometime back around then.
I've gotten better since those videos arrgh don't judge me with those eyes!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: