ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH1H help appreciated (pref from someone who has 44/47+ fcs)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:15 am    Post subject: GH1H help appreciated (pref from someone who has 44/47+ fcs) Reply with quote

So, basically three sections I can't get the fingering down for. BatM Fast sweeps (I can hit the ending pretty well just not the quad sweep). The GR2R solo (I used to fucking own this when I sucked, I unno. Help?). And CFH solo <_< (just fuck this in general, I don't know why this is so hard for me).

I would honestly be really appreciative if someone were to really help me, with a video or something. When I fc that song I'll give fuck loads of credit. I'll link your stream / channel. Whatever you want.

Revelus  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:56 am    Post subject: Re: GH1H help appreciated (pref from someone who has 44/47+ Reply with quote

IceyDefeat wrote:
So, basically three sections I can't get the fingering down for. BatM Fast sweeps (I can hit the ending pretty well just not the quad sweep). The GR2R solo (I used to fucking own this when I sucked, I unno. Help?). And CFH solo <_< (just fuck this in general, I don't know why this is so hard for me).

I would honestly be really appreciative if someone were to really help me, with a video or something. When I fc that song I'll give fuck loads of credit. I'll link your stream / channel. Whatever you want.

Sure thing, pal. Let's break this down.

BatM fast sweeps: I usually would 2nd position this entire solo, trying to use 1st position on the sweeps would cause trouble in the ending.

3 2 1 1 1 1 2 3 3 2 1 1 1 2 3 4 4 3 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 3 2 3 4 3 4 3

The main problem I had here was fretting incorrectly / at the wrong times, which would cause overstrums. Be careful not to do that.

GR2R solo: The first part of the solo is supposed to be played different than you would think.

It SOUNDS like it should be played like this:

It ACTUALLY is played like this:

1 1 121 1 121 2 231 2 231 2 2 2

Really need to notice that first green note and adjust accordingly. I didn't figure this out until long after my first FC of the song, which suggests that my first FC was a fluke. By ignoring the music and playing the notes, I've gotten a lot more consistent at this part.

Second part of the solo:

4 4 3213213212 3 3213213 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 2 23 23 23 23 1

Don't really have much to say here.

CfH first part of first solo:

1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 3 2 3 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 2 2 3 2 3 3 4 3 4 3

This part is very difficult to hit. If you generally start alt-strumming with a downstrum, you want to start strumming with an upstrum, and then go from there. It's really easy to make a mistake in this section, so don't be surprised if it takes some restarts to get.

Even though I'm a second position player, this is one section that I would not recommend sliding your index finger for the GRGR's. Overstrum city.

I may finish this post tomorrow, I'm tired and going to bed.

Last edited by Revelus on Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Revelus
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That BatM technique is very interesting. I did try and noticed I would miss the blue to yellow transition almost every time. I think I may be ho'po'ing it by accident. Also, I'm going try starting on an upstrum. Thank you so much Can't wait to see what else you have to add!

BA142  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceyDefeat wrote:
That BatM technique is very interesting. I did try and noticed I would miss the blue to yellow transition almost every time. I think I may be ho'po'ing it by accident. Also, I'm going try starting on an upstrum. Thank you so much Can't wait to see what else you have to add!

i fc the batm solo around 9/10 times (the hard part at least, lol) i could make a little hands vid for you, my method involves a lot of sliding though.
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For BatM, I go 1st position for the first 3 quads, when it gets to I use 2nd position, then quickly switch to 3rd position for the ending. It's a little tricky, but I can FC it pretty often.

GR2R I just played until I got lucky. I firmly believe that's the hardest non-TF FC there is.

For CFH, my fingering is the same as Revelus and I start on an upstrum. I kind of emphasize the downstrum, though, so my strumming sounds like dunDUNdunDUN instead of dundundundun. Most of the rest of the solo can be broken up into groups of 3; use this to your advantage. Unfortunately, I FC the part that I gave a fingering for every time, and am pretty inconsistent with the sweepy part, so I can't be much help there.

\m/
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I need to thank rev. Playing it as 1 then trip 1 then trip worked fucking wonders.

Revelus  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I never ended up finishing that post... I kind of forgot about it. >_>

CfH second part of first solo:

1 2 3432121234321312 4 323 212 321 211

This section, like GR2R, is played differently than it sounds. I ignore the music for this part as well.

That's really about it. Good luck. I would give strumming tips for the sections, but there isn't really much to say, besides the fact that I wouldn't recommend down or up-strumming any of them. (besides the first part of the first solo in CfH) Also, I'm kind of weird; I start alt-strumming on an upstrum generally. I start that CfH part on a downstrum.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get Ready to Rokk FC (Hands Vid)

maybe that will help some.
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BA142 wrote:

Interesting video! Fun to see other players and their hand videos. Sadly I fc'd this a few days ago

BA142  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IceyDefeat wrote:
BA142 wrote:

Interesting video! Fun to see other players and their hand videos. Sadly I fc'd this a few days ago

oh lol. dammit.
tf93  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well i only have 3 hard fcs on gh1, just got it last week, i have gr2r, batm, decontrol and a 100% on cfh.

As for batm the whole hard part of the solo is played slightly slower than it sounds in my opinion, it is all a pretty consistent speed so once you get that its just a matter of fretting which honestly, just comes to me naturally for that solo.

And for cfh, i find the first part is played slower than it looks, as for the rest of the solo just practice it.

Good luck with the fcs.
Yewb wrote:
Are you sure you actually played better, or did you just think you played better because... you know... you were ON COCAINE?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 103244300504
Chubbly457  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see you have probably enough help from all of those people, but I'm too lazy to read any of their posts so I'll give you my two cents. I think you'll find me more than qualified.

BaTM: Notice how whenever there is two of the same note in a row, the second one is always on the beat. So kind of play it in sections:

Strum the first note of each section louder than others as a way to keep on beat and not lose yourself in the notes.

GR2R: Sorry, I can't help much with this. There's no real method or technique I use to hit this, but the only tip I can give is strum quietly on the solo. I don't know why, but this helped me.

CFH: I assume you're good with the first few measures of the solo, and the first part you need help is this:

etc

Start this part with an upstrum so that the higher note is on a downstrum. Also, think of this part in sections:

For the next part, there's not really much advice I can give. Downstrum the first two notes then alt strum the rest. I don't think you would have trouble with the zig zag, or the rest of the solo but for the zig zag I anchor yellow and not red so that playing the YB chord feels like just Blue.

Good luck!!!

I play real guitar too. :P
IceyDefeat  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

K, so update. BatM should fall ANY day now. TF is just a matter of f'ing grinding. CFH I can't even fc out side the solo yet (finally played it for the first time yesterday, this might not ever happen).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: