ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
King Diamond to Join Guitar Hero Metallica
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
an0ther  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The setlist looks amazing as well as the game itself, however I do hope they work on the online play. GHWT is a great game, but the online needs help. These are some of my suggestions.

1. Its nice to have Pro Face Off where you play all different level people, but there should be an option to only play your level. I know this is how RB did it but that doesn't mean it is right. GH3 PFO was amazing and I hope it goes back to something like that.

2. Percentage and streak with online PFO. I thought this was a joke when I first played and it didn't have any stats afterward. I don't really mind that PFO scores do not count on leaderboards anymore, but stats would be nice.

3. Band quickplay: why can you not just start with 2 or 3 people??? I would get another guitar and drums and it would make us search for a singer with no DLC.

4. The game needs to remember your level selection. I might play PFO and select expert, then the next day it might be set back to medium? I think this is a glitch since it only happens 1 out of 10 times.

I think ghwt is a great game even though it does have some issues. I just hope that some of these are resolved for GHM. I have high expectations for this game since it was announced so long ago. I find it amazing that Metallica even went for something like this. Great job Neversoft!
byrne342  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dom555 wrote:
meh, would've rather had like Tom Araya or something...

good choice... him, Dave Lombardo, King, or Hanneman would be amazing
byrne342  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont get why Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice, Blackened, or For Whom The Bell Tolls arent on the setlist... and what the hell is with the exclusion of Angel of Death by Slayer?!??! if anybody would listen to the damn lyrics, you would know it doesnt condone the holocaust or the experiments
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

byrne342 wrote:
i dont get why Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice, Blackened, or For Whom The Bell Tolls arent on the setlist...

Please check the list again. Also realize these songs were licensed for Rock Band. As much as I don't like the fact I can barely hit any of those 3 solos they are still able to be played with a plastic guitar.

Quote:
and what the hell is with the exclusion of Angel of Death by Slayer?!??! if anybody would listen to the damn lyrics, you would know it doesn't condone the holocaust or the experiments

The lyrical content is not suitable for a video game- it doesn't matter if it's history educational or otherwise. War Ensemble is a good compromise.
nnaaccho  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant wait for this. this is the whole reason i am going to get my 360.
tormentedbyu  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Old news for us, but its nice to see an official announcement with a screen shot.

I don't think I'm ever going to get used to the Rock Meter being on the left side... <.< Then again, that's just being nit-picky, since I'm probably not going to have to worry about failing. Starpower just seems to BELONG on the right side... I'll get over that, I guess. From the looks of this, there are some improvements on the display and I like that... I just don't understand why we they have to change it up EVERY freaking game. In GH3 I'm looking at the score, note streak, and multiplier on the left side of the screen, with my rock meter and SP on the right side, in GH:WT I'm looking at score, streak, rock meter, and SP on the left with only multiplier on the right edge of the note highway. <.< Now in this game I've got the rock meter and SP on the left side with the streak, multiplier, star counter, and score on the right... I just miss the good old days when the interface was almost exactly the same between GH1, 2, and 80's. But I digress. Let's see some consistency though, Neversoft. Here's to hoping that this game kicks ass, and here's to knowing that there is hope since this is still an improvement over GH:WTF.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: omnomnomSH
gamerkim28  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
byrne342 wrote:
i dont get why Ride The Lightning, ...And Justice, Blackened, or For Whom The Bell Tolls arent on the setlist...

Please check the list again. Also realize these songs were licensed for Rock Band. As much as I don't like the fact I can barely hit any of those 3 solos they are still able to be played with a plastic guitar.

Quote:
and what the hell is with the exclusion of Angel of Death by Slayer?!??! if anybody would listen to the damn lyrics, you would know it doesn't condone the holocaust or the experiments

The lyrical content is not suitable for a video game- it doesn't matter if it's history educational or otherwise. War Ensemble is a good compromise.

Harmonix got exclusive rights to those songs?

that doesn't sound like them...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is EXCELLENT news... I better get Welcome Home as DLC soon XD
RB/GH Achievements
WGFA xdrums 5*/ Visions xdrums pass!/ Creep xtar FC/ GHWT Spiderwebs xtar 100%
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: sonicSKAzombE42
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gamerkim28 wrote:
toymachine wrote:
byrne342 wrote:

Quote:

Harmonix got exclusive rights to those songs?

that doesn't sound like them...

Or it's something to do with Dave Mustaine either or. Songs not in GH:M don't really care.
tearsofblood  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, last I heard, Battery was in GH:M, while it is also in RB2

EDIT:

Does the game come with a splitter and second pedal normally, but do you have to pay extra for it?
OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Quote:

I suggest you take a look at the old Neversoft games called Tony Hawk Pro Skater or whatever the new name for that game was at the time.

If Angel of Death were to be in GHM it would be the second time it was in a Neversoft game.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
Ad134  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star rating meter = no more cutoff proving = no more contribution points.

CRAP.

With the exception of that, I love the new interface. GH:M could be GHWT done right.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ad134 wrote:
Star rating meter = no more cutoff proving = no more contribution points.

CRAP.

Huh? That's not gonna stop cutoff proofs, unless Neversoft told us the cutoff for each song.
Adohu  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OnionPowder wrote:
If Angel of Death were to be in GHM it would be the second time it was in a Neversoft game.

Yeah, but it's different when there is actually vocals to play so you can sing the lyrics in the song. I'm pretty sure in one of the interviews about GH:M that I read, they said it was almost through but got canned because of being able to see and sing the lyrics in game. I'm guessing we'd have probably gotten it if there was no vox in the game.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: adohuu
toymachine  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adohu wrote:
OnionPowder wrote:

Yeah, but it's different when there is actually vocals to play so you can sing the lyrics in the song. I'm pretty sure in one of the interviews about GH:M that I read, they said it was almost through but got canned because of being able to see and sing the lyrics in game. I'm guessing we'd have probably gotten it if there was no vox in the game.

This ^

Big difference between having a song playing and you playing the song :P
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: