ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
World Cyber Games 2009 Announcement!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AdamHero  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting :o.

I'm really terrible at WT compared to the other games though <_<.

4th ever DWDTG FC on November 27, 2010.
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Honestly spamming adds difficulty
[2:32:10 PM] Alex (MoosieHD): Methods are way easier
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Full band would be amazing and honestly I think there would be enough interest to support it. I really hope you do consider making it full-band.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
MrPulsar  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Re: World Cyber Games 2009 Announcement! Reply with quote

DarkJyn wrote:
Hey everyone,

Start training up for GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR as the World Cyber Games have officially announced the title to be a GRAND FINAL game this year at Chengdu, China.

WCG organisers and myself have been discussing details and SO FAR we have come up with the decision for 1v1 GUITAR Pro Face Off - at this stage we have not confirmed any other instruments to be used [i'm trying!]

I will add to this thread as i gain more info and keep you all posted, as for now - train up and i look forward to seeing you in Chengdu - November 11th.

Great to hear despite the poor game choice. Although we know just how much money activision throws in to this kind of thing and hey, I still get to play a game I do enjoy to an extent.

Will the WCG actually be considering the input of people who play the game this year? The issue with WCG08 is that the rules were very poorly written as well as confusing.

Last year if I remember correctly the qualifiers and regionals were on hard mode, when they should have been on expert only. The Hyperspeed setting was set to x2; while this is good in single player, it is EXTREMELY fast in Pro-Face Off (The fret boards are not as long in PFO) and resulted in most of us getting pretty frustrated. Limit the amount of times someone can choose a certain song per match to 1. In example, someone picking Through the Fire and Flames twice during a Best of 3 match is a bit unfair.

It'd be great for this kind of stuff to be considered but I'm already trying to accept that it probably won't be. Like my motto for tournaments is, it's never about playing the game, it's about adapting to the conditions of the game you're playing. Hopefully someday the organizers will start consulting the people who play the game before making rules.

Also, I have to say Full Band would be a terrible idea for WCG, but that's only because the game in question is World Tour. If you guys had gone with Rock Band 2, Full Band would have been an amazing and smart decision. There are terrible issues and exploits with the star power system in World Tour that makes band play unfun, uninteresting, and very frustrating.

Thanks,
MrPulsar
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MrPulsar
Dreminem  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought it was expert for online qualifiers and hard for regionals/nationals. It didn't matter much at regionals or nationals since we were allowed to play expert but HS2 was pretty frustrating to play on.
Get 100% on 60 songs on expert [x] (64)
Get good at fast strumming [x]
Stay top 5 in RevDS and HooT [x]
massi4h  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Jyn, it's looking good atm.

I really say no to full band. Vocals are just way too broken atm for any fair competition. I would love to see at least 2 instruments, but the main problem there, is that a lot of countries are far less likely to send a team for a relatively new console game, than they are to send a single player.

I even think GH3 would be a better choice than GHWT, but what's done is done and I guess I'll have to adapt.

Some countries have preliminaries in a few weeks, so it's best to settle now on all the rules.

Best of 3 for every match including the pools would be best imo and the thing with the list of songs for the tournament last year was quite good I think.

But anyway hope to see some of you guys in China (assuming I make it in lol).
MrPink  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would be tight if they had gh2 or gh3. world tour sucks

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drums v.s. Drums would be intense!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:06 am    Post subject: Re: World Cyber Games 2009 Announcement! Reply with quote

MrPulsar wrote:
DarkJyn wrote:
Hey everyone,

Start training up for GUITAR HERO WORLD TOUR as the World Cyber Games have officially announced the title to be a GRAND FINAL game this year at Chengdu, China.

WCG organisers and myself have been discussing details and SO FAR we have come up with the decision for 1v1 GUITAR Pro Face Off - at this stage we have not confirmed any other instruments to be used [i'm trying!]

I will add to this thread as i gain more info and keep you all posted, as for now - train up and i look forward to seeing you in Chengdu - November 11th.

Great to hear despite the poor game choice. Although we know just how much money activision throws in to this kind of thing and hey, I still get to play a game I do enjoy to an extent.

Will the WCG actually be considering the input of people who play the game this year? The issue with WCG08 is that the rules were very poorly written as well as confusing.

Last year if I remember correctly the qualifiers and regionals were on hard mode, when they should have been on expert only. The Hyperspeed setting was set to x2; while this is good in single player, it is EXTREMELY fast in Pro-Face Off (The fret boards are not as long in PFO) and resulted in most of us getting pretty frustrated. Limit the amount of times someone can choose a certain song per match to 1. In example, someone picking Through the Fire and Flames twice during a Best of 3 match is a bit unfair.

It'd be great for this kind of stuff to be considered but I'm already trying to accept that it probably won't be. Like my motto for tournaments is, it's never about playing the game, it's about adapting to the conditions of the game you're playing. Hopefully someday the organizers will start consulting the people who play the game before making rules.

Also, I have to say Full Band would be a terrible idea for WCG, but that's only because the game in question is World Tour. If you guys had gone with Rock Band 2, Full Band would have been an amazing and smart decision. There are terrible issues and exploits with the star power system in World Tour that makes band play unfun, uninteresting, and very frustrating.

Thanks,
MrPulsar

Thanks for your input MrPulsar
Yes, fortunately, this year I am having a great input in the rules - i ending up changing them towards the end of last year just in time for the WCG as i joined in quite late 8-)

As for any countries doing any preliminaries anytime soon - i have no input on COUNTRY QUALIFIERS these are not decided by the WCG Officials and only by the people who run the quals in each country - they just get general ideas from the WCG [mostly anyhoo]

The trouble is, in this "economic downturn" sending an entire team/multiple rockers can be hard and some countries may not even consider sending to China - this year may well be an asian/pacific intensive Finals with many more competitors from Japan, China, Korea [o oh], etc - Basically, for now - Guitar Heroists train up - as for hyperspeed it's very debatable - personally i enjoy hyperspeed 2/3 on PFO and always play 4/5 single player - where-as some can't stand it and barely play with hypx1 on PFO - as you can imagine it's hard to get it right so 2 was chosen as a standard which can be changed on mutual agreement between players - if i could get a vote on exactly what hyperspeed you guys want? Cheers!
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know a lot of people are objecting to full band competition and I can understand why... however, I think there can be a way around it.

What if freestyle sections on vocals were not allowed to be used? Or songs that contain freestyles were removed from the possible choices? I think full band play would be a neat mode of competition for clans and such if the vocal problems were considered. Or if not, why not vocals vs. vocals? The strictness of the WT vocal system would lend itself to some intense competition among vocalists (it wouldn't come down to squeezing as it might with guitar or drums).

The Godfather has e-mailed me many times with the hopes that I will be able to compete as a vocalist for the MoB, but if the only way to compete is to spam the freestyle sections then I believe that wouldn't be fair or a true show of the vocalist's skill and would turn a lot of people off to the idea of competing. I know there's a way it could be worked out, I just hope you guys consider it (as well as Rock Band 2). I don't mind playing WT at all, I do enjoy the game, but it's too bad that a game with so much potential for group competition would be only guitar vs. guitar.

I eagerly await any updates. ^_^

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Ecstasy  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think 1v1 guitar is the best choice. Easiest to setup, cost efficient, and most interesting to follow as an audience. Only thing I would change is hyperspeed to 1.

Also I think now is the best time to bring up how many players the US Team should reserve for the GH winners. There was only one spot last year and I think it would be more fair to have at least two. The US have the BEST guitar players in the world (phenom, witwix, priest, jlc etc). We should have more representation in the world finals. Please post and show your support!

Can't wait to compete in WCG! cu guys at the US finals again!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ aside from formalities and my position i'm personally an ecstasy fan [of you, the player that is!!] xD i'd like to see you there !

With the vocals thing, as you can imagine with such a loud event like WCG backround noise is so easily going to get into the mic for freestlying [honestly you realy have no idea how loud it gets unless you've been there!]

I would like to see at least 2 reps from usa knowing how strong the competition is there, if someone knows the organisers if they could get into contact with me? darkjyn@hotmail.com - cheers!
sadied0g  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 things,

1. Hyperspeed should be 1 unless agreed upon by both players to change (i prefer 2 on PFO, but 1 is more fair for everyone)

2. Guitar vs. guitar is ok, but for world tour It's going to be very hard for someone who is actually the best to win, just because more than 50% of the seltlist is an easy FC, so basically 50% of the time, whoever has the better path wins, which doesn't really show true skill.

3. Band vs. Band would be cool, but I think it's more important to give drummers there shot at a tourney. Drummers never get drumming only tournaments and it'd be awesome to finally see a drumming tournament. Full band isn't as good as an idea because of the constant star power gotten from vocals, and because the instrument scoring isn't done as well as on rock band. Still band vs band would be better than nothing
MrPulsar  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sadied0g wrote:
3 things,

1. Hyperspeed should be 1 unless agreed upon by both players to change (i prefer 2 on PFO, but 1 is more fair for everyone)

2. Guitar vs. guitar is ok, but for world tour It's going to be very hard for someone who is actually the best to win, just because more than 50% of the seltlist is an easy FC, so basically 50% of the time, whoever has the better path wins, which doesn't really show true skill.

Going to have to agree with him as far as my vote goes with hyperspeed. Should be x1 unless agreed upon to change.

sadied0g is right about World Tour though, which is what makes a lot of us worried. About 80% of the setlist is extremely easy for players to get FC's on, which results in pathing and squeezing, but I do believe being able to memorize paths and being able to squeeze under that much pressure is really a skill of its own, still, the skill required to FC guitar X songs in Rock Band 2 is much higher than World Tour.

BUT, the fix to this is that the only song that really stands out in World Tour is Satch Boogie. One of the problems with GH3 last year was Through the Fire and the Flames being exploited so badly. Satch Boogie is the only song I can see being exploited this year.

So having easily FC'able songs really does make for an accurate and tough tournament since they're more about being able to keep your skill under all that pressure and energy from people watching.

So despite me hating about 70 of the songs on guitar for World Tour, they're all pretty even in fc'ability (despite the 10 or so hard ones) its balanced for tournaments.

Edit: One thing I forgot!

Please try to keep the rules allowing us to use headsets. Volume in tournament settings is so low that having a headset helps greatly.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MrPulsar
Ecstasy  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DarkJyn wrote:
^^ aside from formalities and my position i'm personally an ecstasy fan [of you, the player that is!!] xD i'd like to see you there !

I would like to see at least 2 reps from usa knowing how strong the competition is there, if someone knows the organisers if they could get into contact with me? darkjyn@hotmail.com - cheers!

haha aww thx! I hope I make it this year! Need more spots! >.<

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I agree to HS1 as well. Hopefully a list of songs like last year will be picked, to avoid the 70 easy FCs.

A list of 10-15 sounds about right, but imo songs like Satch, HFT and stupid strummy songs like BYOB shouldn't be in the list. Kinda not really fair tournament songs imo. But we don't want anything really easy like last year (omg MNiJ and PiB).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next
Page 2 of 32

Jump to: